+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So basically I can get the 200mg slow release on the PBS for 6 months if I have bipolar type 2, but indefinitely for type 1? But only in the 60 pack as opposed to the 100 pack?

But if they upped my dosage it wouldn't be covered in the slow release?

I think I'm getting it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I hope it's making sense...
    So to recap
    as 200mg (NON modified release) when sold in a pack of 60 (other pack sizes are available but not subsidised under PBS)
    Can be covered under PBS when the dr declares it for Maintenance treatment of bipolar I disorder. or Monotherapy, for up to 6 months, of an episode of acute mania associated with bipolar I disorder

200mg modified (slow) release when sold in a pack of 60 (other pack sizes are available but not subsidised under PBS)
    Can be covered under PBS when the dr declares it for Maintenance treatment of bipolar I disorder. Monotherapy, for up to 6 months, of an episode of acute mania associated with bipolar I disorder

300mg (NON modified release) when sold in a pack of 60 (other pack sizes are available but not subsidised under PBS)
    Can be covered under PBS when the dr declares it for Maintenance treatment of bipolar I disorder.

300mg modified (slow) release is private schedule ONLY for any condition and will not be subsidised by the PBS system at all, regardless of condition or pack size.
    Last edited by Izy; 20-03-2012 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome yep got it

I found the 200mg the best, I was ready to take on the world yesterday, so basically I just have to kinda hope I have bipolar 1 so that I can get it and it's covered by the PBS.

I hate these panic attacks, they are so not me, I'm usually the out going social girl, not this scared little thing crying at the drop of a hat.

Thanks again for all that. It's crazy the medications they do and don't cover under the PBS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I broke it down to specify the accute mania bit too.

It's something that you shouldn't have to understand, but by knowing that it *might* be covered than you've got a bit more piece of mind

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

singlemumma82  (20-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on Seroquel 100mg a day & my dr got it on the PBS by stating it was for acute mania associated with bipolar disorder.

Hope you do well on it. I found it would knock me out for 12-13hrs straight and I'd feel like a zombie til around midday... But everything improved almost instantly on it.
    Sadly I had to give it up and revert back to AD's and mood stabilizers, the Seroquel was just too heavy for me. Even at 50mg :-(

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh another horrible nights sleep, I hate these tablets, I want my slow release back!

And thanks CSM for sharing your personal experience with them. I did find my first night on them to be like you said, I could not get motivated at all, but the doctors advised I try taking them earlier which made a world of difference, if I took them later than 5pm, I would be flat the following day, but once I started taking them at around 3 I felt great.

I have the nurse visiting again today so will definitely be asking for my old meds back now I know they are covered by the PBS.

Thanks again girls, you've both helped put my mind at ease considerably.