+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anyone going to do a spin-off 'I hate the dentist thread?

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go every 6-12 months now, probably due soon.

We hadn't been in 6-7 years and when I finally did all was good. He said I could floss a bit more, but now use teeth pickers to get between my teeth and it's great.
    My DH is so anal about brushing twice a day, flossing all the time etc and when we finally went after years he had 2 fillings and a dead/broken baby tooth to be removed and my teeth didn't need much at all, just a mini clean.

I still hate going, hate the pain and the bleeding but love walking out with that dentist clean feeling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I neglected my teeth for years, but I now go every 6 months for a clean & check up. They always want me to get my wisdom teeth removed, but I keep putting it off. There is only one that is causing an issue which I really should get removed, but the others aren't causing any problems so it seems ridiculous to me!

For those of you who have "sensitive teeth" please be really careful! I've had sensitivity for a few years & didn't think much of it except used the sensitive toothpaste & avoided cold things in that area. But the pain got worse after time, so I went to the dentist recently & found out that the sensitivity is caused by exposed roots, which is from gum disease aka gingivitis. I'm lucky that I got onto it early, it hasn't caused any permanent damage for me. But if you don't get onto it, you can cause irreversible damage to your gums & even loose teeth! Its an extremely common cause of sensitivity so just have a look where your sensitive teeth are to see if you can see any gum recession, its the first sign!

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment once a month I have braces. last year for the last 4mths of it I went fortnightly :-0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Twice a year for a check up and scale and clean to catch any cavities early.

I once left it for several years and ended up having a tooth so far gone that I had to have it removed, so I don't want to go through that again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every six months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I last went in january. Needed a filling on my front tooth as i was so self conscious about it.

Waiting on a referral to get my teeth cleaned in the public department. Could be waiting a very long time but once i start working will go and get them cleaned. I hate going to the dentist as i am scared but i want good teeth as i think teeth are important to look after

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every 6 months. I book My next app each time to keep me going. That way my teeth can never get too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm overdue for a visit.

I need to take dd1 too.

I wonder if I'll be able to drag dh along with us???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every six months for a scale & clean and check up. I'm a big believer in prevention as for teeth the cure is usually super painful and costly.