Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We go yearly here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't go much til I had a toothache when I was pregnant. (2 yrs ago) A million fillings later and two teeth removed at the end of last year. I hate going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm like you, OP. Incredibly sensitive teeth...so I never go.
    My sister is a dental nurse, so is always on my case about it...but the last time I went, I was about 25 weeks pregnant with DS1, who is now 19 months old

Thanks
    Reviews
    The last few years I've gone yearly, pregnancy and morning sickness caused some decay in a few of my teeth which have since been fixed but I still get check ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    About every 18 months. But I have perfect teeth so I never have any dramas. My dentist must see a lot of shoddy mouths, because when I go there he gets the dental nurse to come over and check out how healthy my teeth and gums are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went a few weeks ago for the first time in about 10 years! It was all fine, no work needed. I've never had braces or fillings or anything like that. I did have my wisdom teeth out 10 years ago as they were little free-thinkers (growing sideways).

I'm determined to be a good example for dd and go every year from now on. DH has had all sorts of dental issues as he's really bad at looking after his teeth, I don't want that to happen to dd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I haven't been in about 10 years. The last time my teeth were checked was when they do the yearly check in Primary school, when I was 12. I'm almost 22 now. The dentist terrifies me, actually just teeth in general do. I can't even go into the waiting room when DH goes. But my teeth don't look or feel bad, so I don't go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I HATE THE DENTIST!!! I went before my wedding 8yrs ago cause I wanted to get bleaching done but I needed fillings first and I had 1 lot of fillings done and passed out from the needle! I hated the lectures I hated the pain and I'm extremely self conscious of my teeth. I went to another dentist about 2yr ago and the lady who cleaned them was SO nice but I was suppose to go back to get fillings and didn't partially cause we moved interstate but partially because I'm so self conscious I would hate to think if what she is thinking while doing them!!!!! I need to get the 2 DDs to go as they have never been cause I can't stand dentists...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent been to the dentist since I was about 14..I'm now 27. Terrified of going. Every time I went as a kid it hurt, only went when the dentist came to school and I was forced to go. I was supposed to get braces at one stage, but my parents couldnt afford them, so I never got them. I would only consider going to a dentist if I was in unbearable pain and was really desperate. Just thinking about going to the dentist makes me shudder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a dental nurse through uni so I've seen what happens when you leave decades between visits.

I go every 6-12 months and get him to have a look at the kids at the same time.