+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Really worried

Hi ladies just looking for a bit of help regarding some test results. After having two consecutive m/c I consulted my GP who sent me for an u/s to confirm the second m/c, during the examiniation the lady looked at everything ovaries, fellopian tubes and uterus. Anyway that was back in early Feb and my Dr discaussed the results with me and said everything was fine that I had had a complete m/c but everything else was normal. I then asked him if he would do more testing to find out a reason for my recurrent m/c to which he then said he wouldn't do anything till i had 5 m/c in a row. Needless to say i sought out a new GP and he is fantastic, but i requested the results from my u/s to show the new GP and it clearly states on the report that my ovaries appear polycystic, i have never been diagnosed with PCOS so why did my Dr just brush it off as being nothing? I have a few of the symptoms such as weight gain, excess hair on my chin and breasts and irregular periods although i do get a period every month they range from 26 to 45 days. I am really upset that my first Dr didn't think to run more tests, I mean the report couldn't be more clear. My current GP has run blood tests for my hormone levels and I will have to wait till Sun for the results. In the meantime does this sound to you like PCOS? Sorry this is so long I just have no one else to talk to about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, it sounds tough what you have been going through. You might have poly cystic ovaries and not the syndrome. My friends had this and it took 2years to diagnose.

I think what you are doing with your current GP is good I would also ask for a referral to an OB that is also a gynco.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, like the above poster said, its quite possible to have polycystic ovaries and not PCOS. I found out this was the case with me a few years ago. The doc explained that I had more cysts on my ovaries than a normal person would, but not to the quantity that would be expected for PCOS. Even still, it sucks that your first doc was so unsupportive. I had the same concerns as you so when I gave the test results to my regular doc I asked if we could do some further testing to confirm I didnt have PCOS.. she sent me off for a glucose tolerance test. Hope this helps and that you get some better answers soon from the docs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have Polycystic Ovaries but my BT came back normal so I don't have the syndrome. It took 2 years to diagnose but it was my GP who got it right and the ob/gyn who got it wrong. When I saw the FS she looked at the original u/s there were 17 follicles in one ovary & 19 in the other so was astounded as to why I was told I didn't have PCO.

My first pregnancy ended in m/c (blighted ovum) and I was able to have the recurrent m/c testing done straight away. As I had to have a D&C they were able to test the tissue as well. I was under the care of a FS who was also a OB/GYN so not sure if that was why I wasn't made to wait until I'd had 2 more m/c's.

It may pay to get your new GP to refer you to a FS as you are trying to conceive, may have PCO or PCOS and have had 2 m/c's. By getting into a FS you may be able to get those recurrent m/c tests done sooner.

I'm so sorry you've had to go through two m/c's & then to boot an unsupportive GP. I really hope your new GP will help you get a diagnosis one way or the other.