+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup, together. Got a queen bed but I think next time will go for a king.
    Wasn't great some nights due to DFs sleep apnea & snoring but since he had his tonsils out about 18months ago it has helped on both counts
    Of course there are battles over the doona & space lol, DF insists I hog the bed but its him that sleeps to the middle lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do when he's home, I'm struggling to fall asleep at night at the moment as he's away for work for the next 2 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Can't believe how many have/want a king size, we have a queen size. Any bigger and we'd have no bedroom left!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Until our son was born, we always shared a bed.

After he was born, we shared it with him, but when he was about 2 or so it became too uncomfortable as our son would end up kicking my partner in the back and we'd be hunched in the corners of the bed while our son sprawled out.

So my partner decamped to the spare room and enjoys a queen to himself and my son and I sleep in the main bed (also a queen), and we all get an lovely night's sleep.

After my morning sickness ends, my son (now 3.5) will go into his own room and my partner will come back to the main bedroom, then we'll probably go through the whole thing again when this baby comes in September.

I would kill for a king bed though. We have a big bedroom. I keep looking at secondhand ones on ebay but I worry that I need to test the mattress before I buy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    Yes, and my sleep definitely suffers because of it, not least of all because DF snores badly quite often, and has sleep apnoea. If I'm having a really bad night I move to the couch, but this makes DF sad if he wakes up and realises I'm not there.

I do love our time in bed hugging/chatting/etc before we go to sleep, but then he falls asleep so quickly it can frustrate me, which makes me less likely to fall asleep IYKWIM!
    This except I am more likely to move to the couch when I am laying there tossing and turning because I am mad he fell asleep so quickly lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just have a double and it's plenty of room for us, it was plenty of room for us when we had babies in the bed too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I go to bed together every night and when I get sick of his snoring and feel like I'll actually be able to sleep if the room is silent I kick him out to the spare bed. It would be nice to one day have a queen or king as the spare bed for him, but for now we'll make do with the single.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He works in the mines so he's not home half the time. And when he is home, we do share a bed and I don't like it! He touches me all the time, lays right in the middle so I have now room, snores...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do, although the past 7 months Mikayla's cot's been in our room and I would feed her through the night on the bed, so he often slept in the lounge room to give us space, make sure he got some sleep, and make sure he didn't wake her up.

On the weekend we moved both our bed and her cot into HER room, and our new king size bed arrived! So now I feed her on our old bed in her own room, and we sleep in the king bed in our room happy days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes we do. We made it a rule that no matter what happens we will always sleep in the same bed. The one reason not too, is if a child is sick and we need to sleep upright with them. That is what works for us. I know of other couple that never sleep in the same bed and that works for them.
    Each to their own.