+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, and my sleep definitely suffers because of it, not least of all because DF snores badly quite often, and has sleep apnoea. If I'm having a really bad night I move to the couch, but this makes DF sad if he wakes up and realises I'm not there.

I do love our time in bed hugging/chatting/etc before we go to sleep, but then he falls asleep so quickly it can frustrate me, which makes me less likely to fall asleep IYKWIM!

Having said that, I wouldn't have it any other way. TBH I'd feel we were dysfunctional if we didn't share a bed... isn't that silly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, we share the marital bed and the only time we don't is when I cannot sleep because of his fog horn snoring and then he gets relegated to the spare room bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We share a bed, we got a king about 6 months and its the best investment we ever made. Dh snores bad, really bad but nothing a good kick wont stop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. We used to but...

He can only sleep with the room freezing cold (think fan on high in winter) whereas I sneeze if the room isn't warm...
    He stays up till 12-2am most nights so wakes me when he comes to bed....
    He snores like a wilderbeast which keeps me awake and I toss and turn which keeps him awake....
    I'm up a lot at night with the boys which keeps him up.

We persevered before we had kids but when we did move to separate rooms we wondered why we hadn't earlier!

We shared a bed again in hospital (family room) after I had DS2 and those four nights he woke me twice as much as bub did.

When we dont have young kids waking up at 5am every day and up through the night we might try again. I miss being close to him when I sleep but without sleep I don't function so it works for now

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We share a bed. I'm a really deep sleeper, she barely ever sleeps so she lies in bed and watches movies on the laptop. It doesn't wake me up though.

I work 7-6 weekdays, she works 12 hour shifts either 6am-6pm or vice versa and our alarms usually wake the other up but we generally fall back asleep. When she's on night shift I sleep so badly without her next to me!

I sleep talk a fair bit and she has a note pad with all my sleep talking jibber written down!

But I love having her warmth there. Last night was the first night I went to bed without her (when she's not on night shift) as she had a mate over and I had to get some sleep for work today. I tossed and turned until 3am when she came to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Always. I can't sleep if he's not next to me. We have separate blankets most of the time though as he likes a doona and I prefer a light blanket.

The only time we wake each other is if one of us is dreaming - I sometimes talk in my sleep and he slapped me once because he was dreaming there was a spider on me.

The other night I woke to him with his hand on my back and glaring over me, apparantly I was sleeping with my face buried right into the pillow and he was worried I'd suffocated myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We share a King Size. There are pros and cons to it. I think we cuddle less because there is so much space and it feels like a trek just to get to him. But I do like having a bit of space to sprawl and not getting too hot.

I snore (at the moment, hopefully surgery in Sept will fix that) and he hogs the covers so we balance each other out a bit with our sleeping ways. He is a light sleeper though so he spends more time awake from my snoring than I do from his cover hogging. Although it's so funny because he kicks or runs in his sleep. Often I wake up to his legs going nuts He also chatters his teeth when he is in that twilight stage before real sleep.

I can't sleep well when he is not in bed unless he in on night shift and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we do n I so wish we didn't!

We too have a king bed n I wish it was bigger with the cone of silence to seperate us! Dh is 6.5 foot n not over weight but big. He snores like a trooper n I wear ear plugs to bed every night!!!! He also manages to invade my space which drives me bananas!!!! I like my own space n sleep relatively still. In saying all this, I do sleep securely when we're together, but do whack him a couple of times each night to shut the hell up or to get to his own blardy side of the bed. Yes, I most certainly do hear him sometimes through ear plugs... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup we do! Our little DD ends up in bed with us for most of the night as well.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes we snuggle in our little double.