+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got mine off at the end of 2009. I had ceramics as well so the bands did tend to stain. I ate curry once and they went fleuro yellow, it was so gross! Anyway, my friend worked as the dental assistant so I asked if I could have a few packs of bands and a spare metal hook instrument and they were happy to oblige; after that I just changed them myself at home.

I didn't like the wax, so I preferred to just bend the wire back a bit and then book an appointment as soon as possible to get the excess chopped off. I was warned about drinking coke etc and pretty much everything else which has already been mentioned.

I remember it was really, really annoying getting food stuck in them. It used to drive me nuts. Biting into a sandwich was quite the sight

They feel really bizarre to begin with, but it's amazing how quickly you get used to something being in your mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved my braces and ate like normal except for pork crackling and hard candy but I had metal too. Check out the oral b oxyjet ,it is amazing for cleaning inbetween the braces and teeth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you all so much for replying 😄 I can't wait to get them on .... And then off!! Haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Oh yes please!!! I'd love to see pics!! I'm excited .... But also secretly crapping my dacks!! Haha

I'm glad I've finally worked up the courage to go through with it.

Oh that sucks about salad - it really makes up the majority of what I eat
    Here's the photos so sorry it took so long

1st photo 1.9.10 teeth closed only can touch at back.

2nd photo the screw they out in feb 2011 to close the open bite.

3rd photo taken tonight

So excited to get them off and get a whitening :-D

My teeth were really bad. You can still eat salad I just find it annoying it gets stuck between the roof of my mouth and the jaw widener a pia to get out and so gross when some lettuce/spinach/anything long really bungee jumps down my throat cause it's stuck on a part of my braces :-0
    Last edited by Jensha; 22-03-2012 at 23:14.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

sandy_1902  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Here's the photos so sorry it took so long

1st photo 1.9.10 teeth closed only can touch at back.

2nd photo the screw they out in feb 2011 to close the open bite.

3rd photo taken tonight

So excited to get them off and get a whitening :-D

My teeth were really bad. You can still eat salad I just find it annoying it gets stuck between the roof of my mouth and the jaw widener a pia to get out and so gross when some lettuce/spinach/anything long really bungee jumps down my throat cause it's stuck on a part of my braces :-0
    Thanks so much!! What an amazing difference - you must be sooooo excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't get over the difference in your bite!! That is really amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks yes I'm very happy and excited I'd be happy if my braces were to come off now but dentist still wants to perfect a few things. I was supposed to get 2 full on (scary) operations so to get this result with only braces is fantastic :-D
    I can't believe sometimes my teeth were so bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Thanks yes I'm very happy and excited I'd be happy if my braces were to come off now but dentist still wants to perfect a few things. I was supposed to get 2 full on (scary) operations so to get this result with only braces is fantastic :-D
    I can't believe sometimes my teeth were so bad.
    Yeah I'm getting corrective jaw surgery ... I'm just getting my lower jaw done even though both need it ... Seeing the surgeon on wed - little bit scared!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Yeah I'm getting corrective jaw surgery ... I'm just getting my lower jaw done even though both need it ... Seeing the surgeon on wed - little bit scared!!!
    Good luck :-) what type of surgery to fix what?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure what it's called yet - I have an underbite - will find out everything Wednesday - eekk!!