+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again you've been more than helpful. I think I will turn it off anyway as he's not in his sleeping bag which he is so used to he will probably wake up.

Might just doze on the couch, I'll keep you posted. Why are you awake??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you can also give panadol and nurofen "together" if you think he needs it. I used to give DD nurofen, then after 3 hours, give her panadol. Then nurofen again 3 hours later.

PMH, don't get me started. I had to have a mental breakdown at the triage nurse in ED for them to admit DD at 9 months and they ended up diagnosing her with a food aversion. Then 2 months later I FINALLY found out she had tonsillitis. (I was in PMH with her for 4 days, by myself as DP works FIFO, no sleep and severe sinusitis from no sleep)

The paed on the ward actually called social on me as he kept talking to me like I was an idiot/neurotic mother eg:"all babies cry sweet heart, she just doesn't want to eat" (*insert sledge hammer to face here*) and the social worker laughed when she asked me what was going on and then asked me why she was called to see me at all. Hahaha

IMO, you hve to keep on them if you want anything done. We moved here from Sydney when DD was 3 months old and I miss my GP there. He always listened to me or calmed me down if I was in fact just being a neurotic mother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why am I awake?

39+5 weeks pregnant and can't sleep. Haha. Usually don't get to sleep until about 1am, then wake up at 3 to pee, then again at 5... You get the picture.

I am going to attempt to sleep earlier tonight but i have severe doubts.

I hope your DS feels better soon. Let me know how you go. Get some rest for yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow I bet you are over it! You know what they say though about the lack of sleep while pregnant gets you ready for whats to come. I'm not sure how old you said your DD is but I hope she sleeps through the night. Yep might do the dual action drug thing if needed. I can't sleep, he keeps stirring. Food aversion? For goodness sake. Mothers instinct. I knew for weeks something was wrong before he was diagnosed with the UTI and it took 3 doctors to finally give me a diagnosis. Maybe we had the same paed? He kept telling me that its probably just reflux, he looks happy, I'm not worried, sometimes babies just cry a lot (I have a 3 year old as well, so I do have some experience lol!) I wish I had been more pushy, but as I'm fairly young I guess I felt like maybe I didn't know what I was talking about.

Good luck with bubs arrival

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing - its awful when our little ones are sick and can't tell us how they feel. My DD came down with something over the long weekend. She'd had a little cold and then on the Saturday came down with temps around 39. We gave her panadol regularly throughout the day and just let her sleep at night - she slept in a nappy and singlet which is what she usually sleeps in during summer. On the public holiday Monday we took her to the after hours GP clinic at Hollywood Hospital - GP there said there are a LOT of viruses going around (and other kids at playgroup have had the same). The GP said her temp at that level was ok - just the body fighting the virus but give panadol to make her feel comfy. The worry with bubs is febrile convulsions but she said that was caused by rapidly rising temps. By day 4, the temps had dropped but my DD was still not totally fine, on day 5 she broke out in a post-viral rash and day 6 she was back to her normal happy self.

You know your bub and if you are at all worried, take her to GP/hospital etc until you get answers you are totally satisfied with - or ring Health Direct (I'm always on the phone to them when DD is sick!). I hope bub gets better quickly.