+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll pm ya. I'm a born and bred Darwinian so might be able to offer some insight.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (18-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone tell me what i should do with my winter clothes when moving from melbourne to darwin.. do they store well in the heat or should i just leave them back in melbourne.
    looking forward to moving to darwin in August this year..

Thanks
    Reviews
    They will store fairly well but you might find that you climatise pretty quick and you might find you need them again haha. Just kidding, it doesn't get that cold. But us darwinites are pretty sooky in the dry season lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini85 For This Useful Post:

tea&toast  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have lived all over Australia & overseas. I have to say Darwin is the one place I would never live in again.
    I personally hate the humidity & you feel like you are so far away from the East Coast.
    I think the highlight for me was The Darwin Cup!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by tea&toast; 06-03-2014 at 15:32.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tea&toast For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    iv been in the NT for nearly 2 years and i cant wait to get out. my husband on the other hand loves it here so does my 17 year old sister who lives with us. my husband loves it for the party and fishing and how laid back it is but for someone who is young and doesnt like to drink/party i dont have much else to do on a wkend.... i hate the wet season and build up but the dry season is not so bad (bit chilly here last few days). a holiday could be a good idea but i came up on school break before moving up here and loved it but since moving no way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini85 View Post
    They will store fairly well but you might find that you climatise pretty quick and you might find you need them again haha. Just kidding, it doesn't get that cold. But us darwinites are pretty sooky in the dry season lol.
    that is funny, i lived in Darwin 15 years ago and i do remember wearing jeans occasionally to go out and i do remember it never ever cooled down... it will be a big adjustment ... my kids are going to suffer.. last time i moved in late November and remember the heat hit my like a brick wall. oh my poor kids.....

i just went and bought all new winter wardrobes too as i didnt think the move was going to happen this year... oh well. i might store jackets and jumpers and so on here in melbourne ( thanks mum your garage looks like it could use a few more boxes... ) and take light weight long sleeve stuff. if we go camping etc we will need long sleeves and becasue i will spend all my time in the freezer section of the local coles my kids wll probably get cold there.. LOL.

thanks for your advice.. if only i knew where we will be living then i could get the kids sorted with school etc.. im hoping it will be Rosbery as i have heard the new school there is good. just need to find a preschool for my 4 year old..

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok have just thought of something else i need to look into that you may be able to help me with.

my daughter has a bad reaction to mosquitoy bites, are there any preventative measures i can take to minimise this? are there vitamins or something you can take that will lower the chance of being bitten or having a reaction?

poor baby is going to suffer wtih that too..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure darl. I'll try find out for you. I've never really noticed the mozzies here though. Maybe I'm just used to them haha. I know they are worse in certain suburbs but only at certain times of the year and in the evenings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those considering a move to Darwin......

I lived in darwin for 12 years, which was half of my life (teens to mid 20s). Moved back to SA 6 years ago. My mother always told me if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (01-06-2012)