+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Wow thanks for the link, great site! This is where I live

Domain Percentage of children on track Percentage of children developmentally vulnerable
    Physical health and wellbeing 79.7% 2.9%
    Social competence 81.8% 2.9%
    Emotional maturity 86.1% 7.3%
    Language and cognitive skills (school-based) 85.5% 4.3%
    Communication skills and general knowledge 78.3% 7.2%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Mmm, a bit lower social competence and emotional maturity and a high amount of vulnerability. So this was country?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My area is just over 50% for language and cognitive, and 60 - 70% for everything else. The suburb dd goes to school in is more like delirium's area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Very interesting Missie. Makes me feel so lucky we live where we do. If there were more tertiary employment opportunities and I would live here the rest of my life...
    Last edited by delirium; 14-03-2012 at 17:57. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to both Private & Public throughout high school. I really disliked the private school (all girls & religious). I LOVED the public school (co-ed & no uniform).
    I found that the private school didn't have anywhere near as many elective subjects as the public school did. Apart from that from my experience I didn't remember much of a difference. Both schools had your fair share of caring & devoted teachers, and the teachers who looked like they just wanted to be in and out and hated their job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely - though she goes public, so I don't technically have to pay a single cent. I do pay fees and such though.

I don't think there's a massive difference between public and private overall - I think it depends on individual schools. SIL is sending her daughter to a private school and is having nothing but issues... I send DD to a public school in the same general area, and am having no issues at all. Actually, they've done a lot to assist DD in extended learning... the teachers are aware that DD is beyond where she needs to be, and do what they can to make sure that her love of learning is encouraged by giving her additional challenges. I'm really really happy with how they've dealt with her... I was worried I'd have to push for them to further challenge her.

Another public school might pay her little attention though, and not bother to encourage her further... I really think it depends on the individual school.

I am not religious, so that kind of cuts out many private schools... and a lot of the non-religious private schools cost an arm and a leg to send your children there - money I do not have anyway. I also don't agree with same-sex schooling, and wouldn't send my daughter to a female-only school.

There's one private school I have access to that I would be happy with... but it'd mean a 1/2 hour drive each day and costs WAY too much for me to ever afford it.

Public was really the only reasonable choice for me, based on what I wanted in a school, and what I could actually afford.