+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Arthritis while pregnant

I have been diagnosed years ago with rheumatoid arthritis, now I'm only 28 y.o. (was diagnosed at around 19)

I am in agony tonight with my ankle and knee, and just wondering is deep heat ok to use while pregnant? (I have used some tonight I hope itdoesnt matter) and if I'm not meant to use deep heat is there any other sorts of creams as such that I could use to help manage my pain and aching? Warm baths unfortunately just aren't enough.

Any advice with this would be great as I have no idea!

Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant and have osteoarthritis in my knee I also get a large amount of fluid build up as well.

I don't use creams as they don't help me (so I'm not sure if you can use them or not during pregnancy) but I find taking panadol osteo and elevating my legs helps a lot.
    Also heat packs or a hot bath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 33 weeks and have been suffering from pregnancy arthritis, mostly in my hands. I have found that accupuncture really helps me. I haven't tried any creams aside from arnica cream, but that is more for the swelling.
    I hope you find something

Similar Threads

1. arthritis at 25
    By LivinOnAPrayer in forum General Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-08-2012, 16:05
  2. Children with arthritis and or RLS
    By Bubbygirl in forum General Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 21:44
  3. Septic arthritis?
    By mmy2b in forum General Child Health Issues