+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Am actually thinking maybe my "dating scan" was done too early. Typically what week are you supposed to have one? With my first I had one at 7 weeks. So I don't know why the dr said to have one sooner at 6 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Loveable - so sorry to hear your scan has caused more stress than reassurance! I was recommended to wait until 7 weeks, I would assume they will do another scan for you in another 1-2 weeks to check that growth is as expected.

Remember the scans are only accurate to within +/- 5 days, then there is the human error factor - have you ever tried to accurately measure 2mm? Just .1 of a mm would make a day or 2 difference at this stage as well.

Worst advice ever, I know, but try not to stress - it sounds great that there was a good little heartbeat ticking away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All 4 of mine have been 10-14 days off! Very concerning for #1 and #2 but I was use to it for #3 and #4!
    A heartbeat is a great sign.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first scan for this pregnancy was a whole week off. I was so worried as I knew my dates. By the 11 week scan bubba gained back that week. The dr that scanned me said that early scans can actually be a week out and not to stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks u girls u have made me feel better. I was getting confused. I'll find out whether I can have another scan in a week or so. The lady doing my scan said that I could ask to have scans whenever I wanted esp given my history.