+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spitting and not drinking as much

Hi,

My daughter is nearly 2 weeks old and unfortunately due to issues I had to place her onto the bottle instead of the breast. At first she was drinking a full 50mls and downing it with no problems. At 1.5 weeks old I placed her onto 100mls and she was drinking it fine but now she seems to spit it out the side of her bottle and only get to 50mls before she is over it, or falls asleep after I burp her at 50mls? Even when she wakes up she isnt interested in drinking the rest before I put her to sleep.

Problem is when she drinks 50mls she only sleeps for 1.5 hours, when she drinks 100mls she will sleep anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours, so when she only drinks the 50mls she is really hard to settle back to sleep because she seems over tired .... The most she will drink after being persistent with her is now about 80mls, but I swear 10-20 mls of that she spits it out the side of her bottle while feeding ...

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried? I have using the NUK bottles and she is on Karicare Aptimal Gold Plus.

Thanks,

Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just remember her tummy is very tiny so 50mL is probably filling her up and 100mL making her uncomfortable - the sleep period is unfortunate but wont last long just give her tummy time to adjust and grow. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    50ml sounds about right at that age, her tummy is still do small. Unfortunately a sleep period of about 1.5 hours is normal for a 2 week old and 2.5-4 hours isn't. I'd offer her a 50ml bottle and I wouldn't persist after she started spitting it, she's telling you the only way she knows how that she's had enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just strange she was enjoying 100mls for a few days and has now stopped liking it???

Thank you though