Closed Thread
Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Thank you for the wishes.

Hope 13, I started acupuncture 4 wks before treatment and my last session was this week after my 12 wk pregnancy all at Bump.
    There are heaps of studies about acupuncture and IVF. I used it as a way to relax. I am a very anxious person by nature and not very patient. I have also done years of it in previous cycles, which were not successful. It is really difficult to say if it works specifically for IVF or for your stage of mind

Erin, I am positive you will get there. It is such a beautiful gift to get pregnant naturally. As mentioned before, I have some friends that happened to get pregnant when they had either given up completely or in between cycles. You are blessed and should never forget that. Time will fly. You will see.

Girls, it was very difficult to hide specially from all of you. But we all got so concern about Mary and her little joy so I did not want to deviate the attention.
    I was also very scared. Sometimes it felt like a dream too good to be true.
    Now I'm getting scared again as NL said I should have an aminio as I am 41 and after 37 the risks are much higher.
    Have you girls experienced with pregnancies done this screening test?

Yesterday I received the dr office information about obstetrics costs and almost had a syncope. I did not ask about this question when we went to see the dr after positive result and never crossed my mind that it was so expensive. . Oh well at least we know that we will be in good hands.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    XO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Francisa for the info. I probably will start Acupuncture again next week as I was doing the first couple of time I got pregnant so it may have helped but sadly we lost both of those pregnancies.

More importantly, Congratulations to you that is wonderful news and it must have been so hard not to share it.
    Roughly how much are obstretics cost? I have no idea as we have never got that far.. Does private Health cover most of it? Or would you be out of pocket alot?

I just spoke to my nurse Matthew, he sounded lovely on the phone and I am looking forward to meeting him. My appt is not for another 3 weeks, which seems so far away. So eager to just get started!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Francisa, it is such a tough one about the animo. It that the one for downs?
    I was 39 when I got pregnant with Olivia. My FS said I should have the testing or be prepared to take home a downs baby. I was so scared. I did have the testing which is blood work and ultrasound. Then if that one is high they do the fluid one.
    Only you can answer the question. If you would keep the baby either way than I would not have the testing. I don't think there is a easy answer. Don't be pushed into it. It's your choice.
    Kel xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel,

Yes the amnio is the screening to find out if there is any chance of genetic disorders such as downs. Its is accuracy is 100% for at least 3 of the main disorders and advisable to all women after 37 years old.

It is hard because it is our first pregnancy. We did not do PGD this time around. Our last 2 cycles at Melb IVF were all PGD, so I would not think about it as I am thinking now. Actually I have being thinking about it because many of our embryos were not viable at MIVF, but then we didn't do anything to improve the quality of the egg as we do on our colorado protocol.

I have done the bloods and the ultrasound too, but have not received the information from the genetic councillor yet. I know the ultrasound was fine, but we are still to receive the cross results as they take into consideration other factors like mother's age, family history etc...
    I am still in doubt what to do and how I fell about it.
    Thank you Kell xx

Quote Originally Posted by kell72 View Post
    Hi Francisa, it is such a tough one about the animo. It that the one for downs?
    I was 39 when I got pregnant with Olivia. My FS said I should have the testing or be prepared to take home a downs baby. I was so scared. I did have the testing which is blood work and ultrasound. Then if that one is high they do the fluid one.
    Only you can answer the question. If you would keep the baby either way than I would not have the testing. I don't think there is a easy answer. Don't be pushed into it. It's your choice.
    Kel xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hope 13

I think acupuncture has been a good thing for me. I hope it helps you too.

I have never met Matt but he sounds like a nice guy. I have talked to him several times on the phone. He was always very helpful.
    I have met Alex and she is lovely too.

As for obstetrics, I am not sure if it is covered by private health insurance yet. I have to call tomorrow, but it is about 5K. I hope it is, otherwise I think I just became very poor this year But I can't think about money at this stage, I just need God's bless for a healthy baby and pregnancy.

Thank you for your wishes.
    All the best in this new cycle. I have that it will be your time as well.
    XX

Quote Originally Posted by Hope13 View Post
    Thank you Francisa for the info. I probably will start Acupuncture again next week as I was doing the first couple of time I got pregnant so it may have helped but sadly we lost both of those pregnancies.

More importantly, Congratulations to you that is wonderful news and it must have been so hard not to share it.
    Roughly how much are obstretics cost? I have no idea as we have never got that far.. Does private Health cover most of it? Or would you be out of pocket alot?

I just spoke to my nurse Matthew, he sounded lovely on the phone and I am looking forward to meeting him. My appt is not for another 3 weeks, which seems so far away. So eager to just get started!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I think I can answer some of the questions here. My OB was NL and he charges $5,500 to look after you during the entire pregnancy including the delivery. You do not pay anything more when you go for appointments to see him during the pregnancy. Medicare will refund about $470 but the rest is the out of pocket cost which is also not covered by any private health insurance. So if you go with NL you are looking at about $5000 out of pocket cost. Private health insurance covers the hospital etc Matthew, the nurse, is just brilliant. I found him extremely helpful and friendly. I never had any issues with him. In terms of the amnio, we did not do it due to my prior history of ruptured membranes. There is a small risk of membranes rupturing from the amnio so I wasn't prepared to risk it. Our ultrasound result for downs was fine and the bloods showed low risk. NL seemed fairly comfortable we should be ok but he did say only the amnio could tell 100 percent. I'm 38 and didn't do the amnio.

Good luck ladies )

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,
    Been missing in action for a little while.. I see there is a quiet achiever on here Francica! well done fantastic news. Amnio screening, never did it and i am now 41. US and Bloods is all i did, I would be asking NL were the bloods ok as he never sugested amnio unless results showed anything.
    As for Obst, i have a friend whom was over the moon about her obst so i decided to check him out. NL can charge alot as it is a side kick for him and i would imagine most would think he was good enough to get you pregnant, why notstay with him... My obst cost $1800 for private and i got some back on first payment by medicare. It is up to the individual i guess.
    Hope 13. Acupuncture, well i spent hundreds of dollars on this with no success. I then moved place to bump and with Colorado protocol and on transfer day before/ after that was enough to get me where i am today :-).
    Kell, hope you are enjoying your precious little Olivia.
    Mary, i know you are busy, sore, expressing and going onto the hospital to see your gorgeous little Jayden so maybe it will be better for us to catch up after we are settled with our little ones before you go back to work...
    Erin, how are you going. Hope you are enjoying every minute. Believe me it all oes sooo quick.
    Bwana, are you getting to the stage where you have had enough yet...I cannot sleep anymore, my back is killing me in bed and i wake up every 2-3 hrs grrr. Maybe my body is getting ready? I am 36 wks this Wed and finish work this Friday thank god. So tired now and ready to go....on a positive note, i am super excited and cannot wait woooo hoooo not long now...
    Take care all.
    Rae xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I had no idea how much Dr Nick costs were. I paid $50 per visit. I got $48 back off medicare. At 18 weeks I paid $1,400. I got around $400 back from medicare. After I had Olivia my out of costs were $260 anesthetist and $500 for the Hospital stay. This was in a private hospital.
    I do however think that if you get amazing care than that is all that matters.
    Hey Kath, Have not heard from you for a while. Are you ok?
    Rae, Wonderful to hear from you. Did you have a lovely time in the country?
    I think you are doing a amazing job still working.
    Take care kel xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you girls for the advice on the obs and the amnio.
    I will see NL next week. We will probably discuss the US and bloods, and then I will take the decision on the amnio.
    I am sure NL provides a great service, but it is a lot of money.

Rae, thank you. Hopefully these last weeks are not too tough on your body.
    The same for your Kath. I hope everything is going well.

Erin, have you started having cravings yet? From wks 6-9 everything I wanted to eat was carbohydrates and hot chips. It was quite unbelievable because I rarely eat hot chips and could not think of salads, which was my everyday kind of food...

Mary, it is nice to hear from you. How are you doing and bubs?

XO
    Cleide

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No food cravings yet Francisca....but I am exceptionally thirsty and drinking so much more water than I normally would. I am very gassy (TMI!) and I already had to buy some new bras! I think morning sickness is going to kick in soon as I am feeling just slightly nauseous.

I'm taking one day at a time and trying to embrace it rather than be scared about it failing. That is my biggest challenge. We are going to go and look at some hospitals this week and go to the Baby and Toddler show too so it's feeling more and more real.

How is everyone else? So excited for those of you who are just about due, even though it's a struggle for you right now. How great to be stopping work. I can't wait for that!