Closed Thread
Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Francisca, how are you doing? Thank you so much for your post. It's the messages like yours and all the other wonderful ladies on this thread that help so much to make this journey bearable. What a roller coaster! I am staying positive and praying for just a few more weeks at the very minimum! It helps me to just stop and think everything I have been through to get this far and then think that I've got so little to go till my dream comes true! I wish you all the best too and thank you for thinking of me.

Rae, so happy to hear you're doing well! Great news! So close now and so super exciting! The nurses here are saying that its the heat and then weather changes that brings pregnant women into hospital with ruptured membranes, early contractions etc But so far so good for all of us preg ladies and lets hope it stays that way from now on!!

Kath, how are you feeling? Thank you for thinking about me. It's certainly been rather stressful for me and I'm sure for you too with the hospital trip. Glad you're all fine now.

Kel, send us some more pics of bub!! It cheers me up seeing your gorgeous baby!! Hopefully she's continuing to sleep well. Thanks for your posts.

AFM, I've stopped leaking fluid from about lunchtime today so that's great news. And there's still normal levels of fluid around baby as apparently I didn't rupture the main front area of the membranes but its just a hind water leak. A hind water leak is least dangerous as its the only one that can reseal itself. Hopefully it's resealing given the fluid leakage has stopped. I'm so relieved we can keep bub's inside for longer! I'm resting and only going to the toilet and then straight back to bed. Not taking any chances! 28 plus 3 days tomorrow woohoo I've had the steroid shots now too so in case anything happens it will be a help for bub's lungs. It's a day by day thing I know. Only today a girl 29 weeks who was in bed next to me went into labour suddenly after rupturing membranes and is now having an emergency c-section. I feel for her so much as she was really hoping to stick it out till at least 34 wks and we were looking forward to keeping each other company. It all happened so suddenly.

Please take care all.
    Mary xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maryz For This Useful Post:

bwana  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am so happy for you Mary! That is probably the best outcome, considering the circumstances. i mean that it was your hindwaters!!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Kath, yes it is indeed the best outcome from what we thought is quickly turning into a disaster. But now I can't help but worry that the front main waters are going to bust too and I really shouldn't google about it as I read its a real chance of it happening after a hind water leak. And of course my cervix issues don't help. I'm just praying to get to at least 30 wks which is only 11 days away. Then I will be more calm about bub coming possibly premature. All articles pretty much say that 30 wk plus babies have a very very low chance of any long term health consequences. How are you feeling now after your hospital trip? I'm so glad you're ok ) I tell you, as we ladies get closer and closer I'm so worried about all of us but we're all on the home stretch and gotta have faith all will be fine.Have you been getting Braxton hicks? I've just started feeling these minor tightenings come and go, not painful but definately some sort of a squeeze sensation inside and then it lets go. It just started yesterday actually and really hope it's just Braxton hicks.I'm also getting tonnes of annoying hiccups and apparently it's common in pregnant women. Did you ever experience this?Mary xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maryz For This Useful Post:

bwana  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i get braxton hicks ALL the time. since around 16 weeks. lately they are really tight and some get painful. it is usually the worst at the end of the day especially if i have been doing a lot. its kind of like my body telling me to slow down and take it easy.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a big week on this thread. Maryz, I'm sorry to hear your waters broke but it sounds like everything is going as well as it can, under the circumstances. You are totally in the best place with all the nurses and doctors at hand.

You are past 28 weeks now and I gather from my boss (who gave birth at 29 weeks recently) that that is a really important milestone. I have been thinking of you often and I have everything crossed for you.

Dr Nick changed our appt time on Monday to do a C-section and I instantly thought of you..hehe. Glad it's not for you though!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,
    Well i think maybe i was feeling a little left out, with you going to hospital.... Last night at midnight i went to the toilet and when i came back to bed well lets just say i thought why am i wet! kinda freaked out but managed to go back to sleep. I had awful low back pain all day yesterday and thought not too much about it. This am it still seemed like i was a little wet but nothing bad. Called the hospital and they asked me to come, monitored my little one for 2hrs and sent me home and asked me back tomorow for another check up. Whilst there they showed me a baby that was born at 28 weeks and another born 32wks 6 days which is two days more than me now! Mary i thought of you as both baby's were doing amazing.
    Wow this have given me a big shock. Not to mention on my health cover they take it as they have admitted me, so am guessing when i do go to have her i will be charged for next time. Better to be safe than sorry though..
    Keep you posted and take care all.

Rae xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    The roller coaster continues! Dunno how much more I can bear! Sorry for bad news ladies. Woke up at 4am with bad lower tummy ache like constant period pain plus lower back pain. They got concerned around noon about it as it wasn't going away. Dr said to give me panadeine forte which helped somewhat but not fully, full pain still there. Got sent for urgent scan which now shows no fluid around baby. I lost heaps more fluid this morning after a good day yesterday. You just don't know what happens one minute to the next. Baby moving fine on scan just no fluid. Dr was informed and he just plans to sit tight. Basically I've now been told every day is a bonus and this baby could come any time even tonight if my pains turn into contractions. Mum thinks it sounds like I'm having classic dull pains which turn into contractions, I hope she's wrong!! Need lots of prayers right now as I soooo want to hang in there even till Thurs to get to 29 wks.

Rae, oh no now you're giving us scares!! Thank goodness everything is ok and bub is fine. Please take it easy if you're leaking fluid. You should be on bedrest if leaking and monitored for infection etc Please speak to your OB if you are leaking.

Mary xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maryz For This Useful Post:

bwana  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin, thank you heaps for your support and encouragement. How is your boss's baby doing now?? My OB also says 28 plus babies do well but there is always the fear!! We'll get there eventually.

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Maryz, you poor thing. It is just one thing after another for you at the moment. I'm sure there's nothing I can say to make you feel better but we're all thinking of you.

And Rae, what a scare for you too. I hope you are doing OK.

As for my boss...she took her bub home last weekend. I should get to meet him this week. He is doing really well. He didn't have any health issues and he was in hospital for about 5-6 weeks while he gained weight and learnt to breast feed.

I can totally understand your fear..obviously, but your bubs chances after 28 weeks are very very good.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Mary,
    What can i say except the 28 week born baby today was going so well. She was so cute and looked in good form, so what will be will be as it's out of our hands. Chin up and hang in there...
    Mary, Bwana, Kel, Erin, Kath and anyone else i have missed. Thankgod for all of you. This forum has just been amazing i'm sure for everyone. I don't know how i would cope without it.
    Afm, I had some cramps at dinner time but i think i will be ok. I guess this is all new to me and will have to see what the trip to hospital tomorrow brings. Take care all.
    Rae xo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Just1 For This Useful Post:

bwana  (17-03-2013)