Closed Thread
Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kath/ Kel, thanks gals I've been feeling pretty good today. I've had this 4 bed room all to myself for a few nights now so I've been able to get some decent sleep. It's been quiet on the ward and they haven't had to put any ladies here. The privacy is real nice sometimes. My OB came this morning and he says that he's had women in my situation get to full term and others don't. It's impossible to say. It really depends on when the waters break. It may hold or it may not. My cervix is 9mm at the moment but he said the stitch may even hold a 2mm cervix till term. It's just a waiting game. But we're so close to 28 wks now that its becoming less worrying. And he's thrilled bub is a great size 1.1kg which is a bonus if it does come prematurely. Bub's been punching and kicking around today, really letting me know who's boss inside hehe So all good so far and lets hope it stays like this for at least another few weeks.

So glad bub is moving around for you today Kath.

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds fairly reassuring Mary.
    Is it normal to worry more and more about bub being ok as you get closer and closer to your due date? I never worried about anything with my other four pregnancies. But i have hardly stopped with this one.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    So pleased all is going well. Sounds like it is just a waiting game. 28 weeks will be a wonderful mile stone. It must be a relief to know that bub is such a good weight. Sounds like you are getting used to hospital. Kepp up the amazing work.
    Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kath, i cannot talk from experience but I'd say it would not be normal if you weren't concerned about bub as it gets closer to your due date. I'm constantly worrying about something in this pregnancy. I think you're probably also anxious about the actual birth?? It's getting real close. What is your due date? And are you going to 38 or 40 weeks? My OB won't let me go past 38 weeks. I hope you can try to relax. I am sure everything will be fine and soon you'll be cuddling your bundle of joy in your arms!!

Kel, yep totally a waiting game for me at the moment. Each day is a bonus! I've been in hospital 17 days now and yes it is getting easier. I'm more used to the bed here now and sleeping better at night. The nurses are lovely as I've said before. It's reassuring they check the baby's heartbeat every morning. I'm sick of hospital food but its bearable. As hard as it is, I'm doing the best for my baby! But I still cry every evening when hubby leaves. Is that normal? I feel like I'm acting like a baby hehe or maybe it's the hormones? I just miss being with him at home so much!
    How's your weekend? How is Olivia doing? Hard to believe she's coming up to 3 months old. How time flies!

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Mary, I think it is normal how you are feeling. It is alot to do with all the hormones. Plus this should be a bonding time beween you and your husband. Not having him there at night would be really hard. I cried in Hospital when I had Olivia. I felt much better after. No one knows how they would feel when having a baby. Remember you have already been through so much. A long long road to get to wear you ar right now.
    We went to the local market today. Super hot. To hot I think for Olivia. I was the only mother that had a sun cover on there babies pram. Hot!
    I know I can't believe that Olivia is 10 weeks. Yes, almost 3 months. Time is flying by. I am lovely every minute. Can't wait to you girls all have your bubs. Hope I get to see heaps of pictures.
    Rest up. Take care Kel. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    .Hi Ladies, sorry I have MIA but with it bing a long weekend in Melbourne we were down the coast with no internet reception. Boy is anyone else over the heat?? I personally love the beach and warm weather but only when I am on holiday. Otherwise working and doing housework in this consective heat is driving me crazy.
    Plus I am so eagar to start my next cycle that it feels like forever.I am home now ironing(yes mad but it is piling up), and watching the Real housewives of Atlanta in front of the air - conditioner I still have be on the pill for 3 - 4 weeks at the end of the month so I still have a while to go. So in the meantime not much to report from me.

Maryz: Hi I can't belive it has been 17 days in the hosipital. But good to hear everything is ok and they taking good care of you. Try not to get too upset as before you know it your precious little one will be here. You have been so strong so far.

MrsErinR - how are you doing? Hope you are feeling better. Any news from when you can start your next cycle?

Hi Kell72, and bwana hope you both are keeping well?

Take care everyone and have a lovely week xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hope13,
    Glad you had a nice long weekend in Melbourne. I am also over the heat to. My twins love it. I hate it. I have terrible skin and have already had two skin cancers removed off my face. I try to stay out of the sun at all cost. Hope my kids have my husbands nice skin and not mine.
    I have come clean! I love the real housewives.
    I understand you getting eagar to start your next cycle. In bendigo we only have cycles every second month. So it can feel like it takes forever.
    Keep us posted and look after yourself.

Mary, Hoping that you are going well. I was talking to that ladie at kinder today that had her bub at 26 weeks. She is going amazing. She is 9.5 pounds. Starting to look like a litte chuba.
    How is the hospital stay going? When I was in hospital I had a private room. The whole hospital has only private rooms. Not sure if thats better or worse as it got very lonely. I am always up for a chat so I missed that.
    Its great that you have lovely nurses. That will be really helpful when you are starting to breast feed. Already having a bond with the nurses.
    Hoping you are going well. Take care Kel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel, i must say I feel for all you guys coping with the heat at the moment. I'm kinda lucky as I don't feel it being in the hospital. I'm in a room with 4 beds and until two days ago I had a great run of 5 nights on my own. But now the room is full with us 4 women although hopefully two are going home today. The other girl who got admitted yesterday broke her waters at 29 weeks and they are hoping to keep baby inside for 5-6 weeks. She's lovely and talkative so I'm kinda happy I have some good company. And we're pretty much the same, I'm 28 wks tomorrow and she's 29 weeks and the only difference is we're hoping my waters don't break too!!

Yayyy 28 wks tomorrow and officially starting the third trimester, so happy! You are very right about the breast feeding. I already have a good bond with many of the nurses so will definately be easier once bub arrives and I need help with breast feeding etc. Well it's 10 more weeks to go now till I become a mummy! I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. I'm scared that once I see my baby ill start balling my eyes out uncontrollably. Oh gosh it's gonna be hard I reckon, all the emotions of the last 10 years!! I think it's my hormones driving me crazy at the moment. Yes still crying every night when hubby goes home. He thought I'd be over it after nearly 3 weeks here but no! I just miss being apart every evening/ night and just sad I can't have it again for the next 10 weeks. Some alone time together before bub arrives would have been so nice but its not meant to be!

Kel, I'm glad your kids are coping well with the heat. Kids generally do! Do you have air conditioning?? How are the twins with Olivia now??

Hope13, I really hope the next 3-4 weeks goes super fast for you so that you can start the meds! I always found being on the pill for weeks the hardest time! I know how you feel, you just want to get started. But then once you do take your first injection I found it was egg collection in no time at all!! Look after yourself and get your body nice and ready!!

Take care all,
    Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls, just a quick me post, sorry.
    i was admitted to hospital early yesterday morning. early preterm labour. it has been stopped, and i am having steroid injections to develop bubs lungs incase it happens again and they cant stop it.
    upside.....i had a scan yesterday and got to see bub who is aparently going to be a bit of a porker. already weighing in at approx 4lb 4oz.
    fingers crossed he stsys put at least for another four weeks!!!
    take care and i hope you are all well.
    kath

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, sorry i haven't been on here for a while... The heat has just been too much for me. Yesterday i went home with a throbbing head ache that no amount of panadol would kill :-(. I called the hospital and they wouldn't let me have any asprin. I woke up this am and it was still there. I did make it to work today even though the other half told me not to. I feel better now this afternoon and see obst on Friday.
    Kel glad your little ones are on the mend. I don't know how you do it with three. The pics of Olivia are so beautiful....
    Mary so happy you are a little more settled now, you are in the right place with this awful heat. I think it is a hormonal thing at the moment for me too. I watched what to expect when your expecting on the weekend and cried like a baby. I hate to think what i will be like on delivery. I mean i cry at anything these days. Think my other half thinks i am loosing the plot..
    Bwana, omg Do you have to stay in hospital from now like Mary?Look after yourself and rest up where ever you are :-).
    My little girl is getting the hiccups at least 4 times a day!! do you think it is what i am eating?. Now at 32 weeks she must be running out of room for sure. When she moves it feels like she is going to come through my belly and it feels awful to say the least. I am guessing over the last month this is only going to get stronger and painful when she moves. I have noticed a massive difference in the last week and my belly has grown very big too.
    Take care girls,
    Rae