Closed Thread
Page 74 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kell, what a beautiful picture with your twins. You certainly produce beautiful offspring!! Mary, I am not so much suffering aches and pains in my tummy, but lots of other ailments. Cramps in my calves most nights, Braxton hicks which are not painful, but the pressure from them can hurt when I am driving the car especially, insomnia has kicked in the last few nights, my emotions are all over the place lately. my heart races all the time, etc etc.....you get the picture. Oh, heartburn!!!! so bad!!! I never really suffer with heartburn, but wow, for the last week it seems to kick in every afternoon!!! I am trying not to focus too much on the negatives though, I am just so happy to be pregnant. I was only saying to my husband a few days ago, that I was beginning to think we would never fall pregnant. After so many ivf transfers, and one bfn after another, I was starting to feel like I was just wasting money. Now though, I am so pleased we didn't give up. If we lived in the same town I would come and visit you and break up the monotony of laying around in hospital. Have you thought of doing a cross stitch? Or long stitch or something like that. You could frame it and put it up in the baby's room. I used to do a lot of those when I was pregnant with my first child (I had a lot more spare time then). Take care girls, and keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rae, I was going to look you up on facebook, but can't remember your surname. I have looked back over previous posts but cant find it either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kath, Thank-you for your kind words abut my twins. After such a long road to have my family I am very proud of them.
    I know how you are feeling. I got terrible braxton hicks. Mine were worse when I was in the car. I don't know why. I never had any with the first pregancy. From 18 weeks they started with with Olivia.
    I would jump out of bed with terrible leg cramps. Thank goodness they are now gone. You are going a amazing job. Keep up the great work.
    Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join you all? I have been reading your posts for the last month or so and have been so caught up in all the news ( good and bad) that I feel so strongly in reaching out and joining in.

I am 42 and we have been through 3 fresh IVF cycles and 1 frozen. The 1st Frozen transfer resulted in a BFP but unfortunately I miscarried at 7 weeks. That was very painful as it had been so hard to get pregnant naturally and we thought we had got lucky in our 1st cycle! But it was not to be. A couple of months later we had a surprise BFP naturally but I also lost that at 7 weeks. Again no reason why and FS did all sorts of test and cannot find nothing wrong with myself or DH. Despite my age of course!
    The next 2 cycles last year we got 5 eggs but 0 fertilization Our FS could not recommend anything else to us and i got fed up with waiting around so I decided to be proactive and search the web myself. That is where I discovered Dr Lolatgis. I saw him last Dec and he diagnosed me with extremely high NK Cells. He had a different approach to my last FS but what I like about Dr Nick is that he is willing to explore everything and proactive. I am now on DHEA and Melatonin and have 1 month to go before we start on our 4th cycle. This time I will be doing the Colorado Protocol which we have never tried before. Seems rather long and alot of meds involved from reading your posts but I am up for anything. I am eager to start despite knowing my chances..

Maryz - I am so happy for you that you are nearly at the 27 week mark. You have given me hope that I too maybe able to have a baby of my own one day. I am sure everything will work out for you. Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest.
    Can I ask did you fall pregnant on your first Colorado Cycle with Dr NicK?
    Are we around the same age?

Bwana - Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Kell72 - your kids are soooo cute.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and look forward to hearing from anyone.

Hope13

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - sorry I missed you out. I have been reading your journey too as we are both with Dr Nick and doing Colorado cycle. I am so sorry about the BFN. How are you doing? What is the plan now? Do you think you will do another one?

Hope 13

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kath, I know how you feel with the heartburn, I'm getting it too daily. Have to be real careful what I eat as some foods trigger it for me. I haven't had any Braxton hicks, what is it exactly and when did you start getting them? I don't know long stitch so just trying to stay occupied with movies, Internet and emailing friends. Ahhh we will all get through it soon and be holding our precious babies in our arms!! Keep up the good work, you're looking fantastic!

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope13, welcome!! It's funny, I think we should rename this thread the Dr Nick thread hehe You've found a fantastic doctor and you have the best chances with him, I truly believe it. He's very very proactive and very cautious once you do get pregnant. I also found him on the net while doing my own research!

Yes it's tonnes of meds on the Colorado but you get used to it and its bearable. I've had a terribly long journey. Spent close to 9 years with another doctor, wasted my time money and of course the emotional toll of doing cycle after cycle with a doctor who never wanted to try anything different. My biggest regret us not leaving him sooner. Then just over a year ago we started with Dr Nick. I had NK cells too. We did the Colorado and a fresh stim cycle and got 19 eggs and 3 blastocysts. I had 2 fresh blastocysts transferred (the third one frozen), got preg with 1 baby and sadly lost the preg at just over 13 weeks. We were devastated, I cried for weeks. It was my first pregnancy and for no apparent reason my waters broke suddenly. All testing on the baby came back normal. Dr Nick decided I have an incompetent or weak cervix which prob gave way. We waited 3 months, then had our one frostie transferred. And amazingly this last frostie is the precious baby I am now carrying. I never imagined I'd get preg at all and let alone both times in a row with Dr Nick doing the Colorado. I'm convinced it did the trick for us. Had a cervical stitch put in at 12 weeks to hold the cervix. Despite that, I'm experiencing shortening of the cervix so I'm in hospital from 25 weeks for the remainder of the preg on bedrest. I'm 27 weeks this week yayy! Dr Nick said had he not put in the stitch I would have lost this preg too long ago! The man is amazing, he knows what he's doing. He's not the most talkative but I never cared, I know he's on the ball!! I am 38 so alittle younger than you but fingers crossed you still have a great chance with Dr Nick. I had a lady at work who gave birth to 3 children after the age of 39 so don't lose hope!

Good luck and let us know how you're going.

Mary
    Last edited by Maryz; 05-03-2013 at 09:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Erin,
    One more thing on what we did extra that we hadn't before... We went to bump in Clayton and had acupuncture on day of transfer. I don't want to overload you but we also did Naturapath. Let me know later if you feel you want to give this a go!
    Ok ladies, i have made a mistake :-(. My other half noticed if you google my full name it comes up everything i have posted so this is not good for me.... I have fixed all the posts that previously said my full name in hope once google refreshes it wont show all my posts to the world. My better half has also asked me not to put up pictures due to this. So sorry girls. I will keep posting i just hope it removes me from google :-(.
    Mary, hope all is going ok in hospital for you and is getting a little easier. I too have been getting bad cramps pains down low on both sides of my tummy and omg leg cramps during the night.
    Take care all.
    Rae xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope13 View Post
    MrsErinR - sorry I missed you out. I have been reading your journey too as we are both with Dr Nick and doing Colorado cycle. I am so sorry about the BFN. How are you doing? What is the plan now? Do you think you will do another one?

Hope 13
    Hi Hope13, yes, we are planning to do another Colorado cycle, assuming that that is what Dr Nick still suggests for us when we see him again in a couple of weeks. I'm dying to know what's next on the agenda for us.

I am feeling much better about it all this week than I did last week. I'm keen to do another cycle soon but I'm not sure how long Dr Nick will make me wait between cycles.

It's daunting when you start the Colorado but you do get the hang of all the meds.

I am 40yo. Haven't had a pregnancy at all so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aarghhh having a particularly nasty day with shocking heartburn. It's as if my throat is on fire and yet I can't work out what's triggered it today. Had some Mylanta but no help. So I'm drinking water with ice all day non stop and feel like I'm gonna pop!!

Mary