Closed Thread
Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, Incase you were wondering what was on Olivia's head. She has two strawberry birth marks. One on the top of her head and she also has one on the back of her head. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kel, OMG those chubby cheeks, I just wanna pinch them ) She is soooo adorable! What a beautiful baby girl. I can just imagine how besotted you are with her. I'm so glad you were able to load the pics and my instructions worked, yay! Looking forward to more photos. It has really put a smile on my face here and it just makes all this hardship I'm going through right now sooo worth it )

Mary xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    good mroning ladies, it's my first time on the colorado protocol, but i've been through the fresh cycles before. I didn't even know my doctor (Dr Lolatgis) had put me on this. Yesterday my nurse called and said go and get these medicines ( antibiotics, prednisolone, pessaries), cos you need them for the colorado protocol. I was like what? what is the colorado protocol? So i came here to research, but it's a bit different, like i don't have clexane. I have a 4 frozen embryos from my last cycle, so i'm just transferring on Monday! excited again, yay

Thanks
    Reviews
    KS09, welcome! I'm also with NL (Dr Lolatgis) and we had success with the Colorado protocol after years of no success at Melb IVF. They don't do Colorado at Melb IVF. I totally believe in the Colorado protocol which is more the aggressive form of treatment in line with what is common in the US. There's tonnes of meds involved but you will get used to it. I've been on Clexane with the protocol but you'd need to check with NL why he hasn't put you on it, ask your nurse. I'm currently 26 wks preg with first baby and in hospital on bedrest. Good luck with transfer on Monday. Are your cycles stimulated or natural?

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,

thanks for the info. I will call the nurse and ask. I just found out yesterday that the drugs i was prescribed was for the colorado protocol.

My cycle is stimulated, as i'm in Darwin, and have to fly south. I was told a natural cycle was too risky as it's not as controllable. I finally stopped synarel yesterday (thank God! it gets irritating), and starting the rest tomorow. What exactly is clexane for? maybe i don't need it that's why he hasnt prescribed it.

this is my second time having an embryo (day 5 blasty) transferred, the first time it didn't last.
    Hope the weather in Melbourne is better than Darwin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh fruitcakes.. i had written a reply but it didn't save aargh!

So basically i was asking what is Clexane for? is for NK cells? i don't have that at the moment, so maybe that's why NL didnt prescribe it.

im in Darwin, and fly down fr the transfer on Monday, so i have stimulated cycles as they are more controlable than a natural cycle. Costs me an arm and a leg, as i have to get ultrasounds done in Darwin for $200+ whereas if i was in Melbourne it'd be free and i'm buying the medicines myself too. not to mention the airfares and all the other costs on top of that. This baby better be good to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woww so you have to fly down from Darwin, yes I imagine it would be costly for you. How did you get onto NL from Darwin?? Did someone recommend him over there? I can tell you that you've picked an amazing doctor. I cannot speak more highly of him. You have the best ever chances with him as he really knows his stuff. Appointments with him are very quick, he gets to the point quick, he doesn't sit there chatting long but he knows what he's doing. And he's super cautious.

Melb weather has been real warm and humid they tell me. I've been stuck in hospital for nearly a week so it hasn't affected me.

Who is your IVF nurse? Is it Matthew? He's also fantastic! I purchased all the drugs involved in the Colorado protocol too. It's only Puregon you get included when you do a full stimulated cycle. Clexane is an injection taken daily which is a blood thinner. I'm on aspirin and Clexane to thin the blood. Apparently it aids implantation by getting more blood to the uterus I believe. I'm surprised you're not on Clexane. It can do no harm but can do the trick. Definately ask about it. Treatment for natural killer cells involves intralipid transfusions but if you've been tested for NK cells and you're fine then that's great.

So did you have embryos frozen in Darwin and transferring them to Melb? How many do you plan to transfer.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woww so you have to fly down from Darwin, yes I imagine it would be costly for you. How did you get onto NL from Darwin?? Did someone recommend him over there? I can tell you that you've picked an amazing doctor. I cannot speak more highly of him. You have the best ever chances with him as he really knows his stuff. Appointments with him are very quick, he gets to the point quick, he doesn't sit there chatting long but he knows what he's doing. And he's super cautious.

Melb weather has been real warm and humid they tell me. I've been stuck in hospital for nearly a week so it hasn't affected me.

Who is your IVF nurse? Is it Matthew? He's also fantastic! I purchased all the drugs involved in the Colorado protocol too. It's only Puregon you get included when you do a full stimulated cycle. Clexane is an injection taken daily which is a blood thinner. I'm on aspirin and Clexane to thin the blood. Apparently it aids implantation by getting more blood to the uterus I believe. I'm surprised you're not on Clexane. It can do no harm but can do the trick. Definately ask about it. Treatment for natural killer cells involves intralipid transfusions but if you've been tested for NK cells and you're fine then that's great.

So did you have embryos frozen in Darwin and transferring them to Melb? How many do you plan to transfer.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    First i was with Repromed in Darwin, they couldnt help with my hubby's MFI, so they referred me to Fertility SA, and through their testing, we found out we were both Cystic fibrosis carriers, and they suggested NL. Yes, he is very blunt and quick to hte point, but as long as he gets me a bubby, i don't mind.

Yes i've been chatting to Matthew over the phone and by email, but he's never there when i really need to ask him a question, not entirely his fault as we're 1.5 hours behind melb time. I'm on aspirin for blood thinning, so maybe i don't need clexane too.

I had the embryos frozen at monash in November last year. I came to Melb for EPU and transfer last year. My hubby also had a micro-TESE operation and his sperm is frozen there too.

I'm only allowed to transfer one at the moment, NL said i still have time to try one at a time, and twins may be risky.

if this time doesn't work then i'll ask for Clexane next time, it maybe too late now, as there is just 5 1/2 days until transfer.

I read you're in hospital for early dilation? Hope you're well and bubba is fine too

thanks for responding so fast! you must be bored in hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    KS09, I have always been on both Aspirin and Clexane so both is definately OK. I don't think it's too late to start the Clexane, speak to Matthew.

Yes I am in hospital on bedrest due to a shortening cervix which puts me at big risk of rupturing the membranes and a premature birth. The cervix is not dilated it has just shortened. I'm 26 wks tomorrow so 12 wks to go!! Keeping busy with movies, emails, reading etc Not pleasant spending my pregnancy in hospital but its for the best and the safest for baby!!

Mary