Closed Thread
Page 68 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kel, thanks for your amazing support. Yes 25 weeks today, its such a relief with each passing week. Well I just had my scan this morning and the news is not so good. My cervix has further shortened down from 24mm to 16 mm now. I see my OB tomorrow and I'm pretty sure he will put me in hospital now. I'm not happy!! There was a dr there together with the lady doing the scan and she assured me its still nothing to worry about but I know my OB will still put me in hospital. I'm so scared this baby will come far too early. Will try write more later, my headache is flaring up again!

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel, Mary, Bwana and everyone . It has been a while i'm sorry.. Just reading some of your posts and trying to catch up on it all. Mary, i am so sorry to hear your news. Don't worry yourself too much about it. You are in good hands and am sure Dr Nick will do the very best for you. What Hospital are you having Bub in?
    Kel, i am sorry to hear of your friend. This frightened me soooo much. I cannot imagine how anyone can get past something like this. It sounds like you are super busy but doing great!
    I am hitting 30 weeks next Wednesday and am still feeling super good. Baby shower was amazing.. Have a look on my facebook at my cake so gorgeous. I had my interview at Waverley Private last night and didn't sleep well at all. I was giving birth all night in my dreams....
    Everyone else everyone seems to be traveling great, nice to see.

Take care all

Raelean xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    Sorry to hear that your cervix has shortened. Good to know that all is still fine. Maybe Hospital might be the best option. With everything you have been through a Hospital stay would be a breeze. The best thing is to try not to stress and just see what your Dr thinks tomorrow. With only 13 weeks to go. You are doing a amazing job. Look after you. Everything else can wait.
    Love Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rae, Lovely to hear from you. OMG 30 weeks, that is amazing. Not long now to you meet your little bundle of joy. You crack me up giving birth in your sleep. I do think that is normal. I dream every night of Olivia falling off something.I wake Gordon up at least twice a night.
    Thank-you for your suport about my friend. Little Rory was buried today. I can't imagine how they are feeling. The sad thing is the Doctors new nothing was wrong till be was born. You just have to wonder why life is so hard somtimes.
    On a nice note, Olivia is a wonderful baby. 8 weeks old today. She now smiling and making sounds. I feel so blessed. IVF mums never take there children for granted.
    Look after yourself.
    Love Kel. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, so glad you're feeling better from the c-section. That's great. Gee 8 weeks has gone super fast!! So happy to hear that you're coping wwell with Olivia and that she's such a beautiful baby )

Rae, wowww 30 weeks already, awesome!! You're doing great and I'm sure you got lots of cute pressies at the baby shower. Are you still going for a natural birth??

AFM, well I saw NL this morning and he's admitted me to hospital in Clayton. I hope to get to 32 wks then transfer to St Vincent's & Mercy Private in the city and have bub there. At the moment can only take it one day at a time. I've already had numerous crying episodes here as I just don't know how I'm going to survive so long in hospital. But NL was adamant I now need to rest in hospital to try prevent my membranes rupturing. He's hopeful I can get close to term with rest but who knows! He said worst case the membranes rupture but they still keep baby inside for 2-3 wks which is ok and I get to 28 or 29 wks min. So Im trying to settle in here but it's not gonna be easy.

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, sorry that you have been put into Hospital. The great thing is bub is doing well and you can be watched very carefully in there. 13 weeks would feel like forever to be in Hospital, but just take one day at a time. If you need to have a good cry then go for it. Remember you are full of extra hormones. I cried more than once when I was in Hospital and I was only there for 6 days. You are doing a amazing job. Anything you need, just ask.
    Much love Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz, I'm so sorry you have had to go into hospital. I'm sure it's very frustrating, but you are obviously a very strong woman considering what you've been through to get to this point and I know you will do what it takes. When your little baby is in your arms you will look back and know that every difficult step you took was worth it.

I think I mentioned my boss previously who was in the same situation. Many weeks on bed rest in hospital and she did end up delivering early at 29 weeks.

Her little boy has gained 0.5kg in the last few weeks and he's starting to learn to breastfeed in anticipation of coming home. A long journey, but so worth it.

Thinking of you, Erin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel & MrsErin, thank you ladies for thinking of me. I don't have anything interesting to report other than its now 3 days down in hospital. I can't say I'm coping well at all yet. I've been balling my eyes out when hubby is here and cried myself to sleep last night. It just feels to me that there's no end in sight at the moment. Well I'm hoping I feel better soon. Bub seems fine kicking away but yeah emotionally I'm abit of a wreck. Dunno how much more I can cope with. This is really topping it off for me. How are you both doing??

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    So pleased to hear from you. I was getting worried. You have been through so much. It is ok to take sometime to get used to being in Hospital. If you need anything I am hear. I feel so helpless. If you ever wanted a visitor, I could bring Olivia to meet you. If not that is more than fine. I just wish I could do more to support you.

AFM, Olivia is a amazing babie. Went to bed at 10.00pm last night. Got up at 6.30am. Was up for 30 minutes than back to bed till 10.00am.
    Abbey still is struggling. we cleaned out one of the spare bedrooms and made the twins a toy room. They love it. I took Olivia to the heath nurse on Thursday. When I was leaving I asked her about Abbey not coping. She said give her 4 months and she will be back to normal. Fingers crossed.
    I am missing Gordon going back to work. 8 weeks was such a long time to have him home.
    I saw Dr Cullen last week. He said if I wanted another child, that there is no reason why I could not have one. I was shocked. I do think I am done, But it was nice to hear that.
    Thinking of you. Love Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, thanks so much, you are an amazing support, more than you can ever imagine even if its in writing. Sometimes it's easier to pour your heart out in writing rather than in person, well you know what I mean. We will definately meet one day. I'm bound to be going up Bendigo way after bub arrives. I had two friends ago wanted to come visit yesterday but I feel like such a wreck I've asked them to give me 2 weeks or so till I calm down abit. They understand. Also I think it's the stress of getting past this next brief danger period. The OB really wants to get me to the safer 28-29 week stage. I'm 25 wks plus 4 days today and sooo close to the 28 wks now. He said of course the baby can survive if born at 26 wks too but they can have so many problems when so premature. He said its a bonus our baby is measuring a good size too, it was 800g at 25 weeks, above average. So the bigger the baby then that's alot better too if there's a risk it's coming early. So I really need to hang tight for preferably at least 3 more weeks. Fingers crossed. I know I'll feel better soon after my initial meltdown passes I hope I keep telling myself I've come so far and surely 13 more weeks should be a piece of cake ?

Woww Olivia is a real dream baby!! So happy to hear and I'm really thrilled for you. Baby no 4?? Well you still have time to change your mind hehe I agree that I would give the twins abit more time, they will come around, takes time. Don't be too concerned just yet. Maybe if you can try spend alittle alone time with you and the twins only, that might give them some security attention they might be craving. Get hubby to look after baby for 2 hours or so and do something nice just with the twins. Good luck.

Mary xx