Closed Thread
Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Colorado protocol

Hi Mary, thanks for asking. I am doing ok. My only complaint is the heat. I think we have had 3 or 4 days at 36º and today is 39º. So i am really tired, fed up and a bit more emotional than normal. I can usually handle a week of hot weather, but it is really affecting me at the moment.
    I am happy to hear things are going so well for you. Isnt it just beautiful feeling all those kicks and movement?? Totally amazing!!!
    I will post again later when i am at home.
    Take care
    Hi to everyone else

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin, I hope all went great this morning with transfer for you. It's a shame NL wasn't in Clayton today so you wouldn't have had to rush between Richmond and Clayton. I've also always had difficult recoveries after EC. The more eggs they collect the worse the recovery I think. Are you able to rest for a few more days or are you working?? Take care of yourself and hope that blastocyst is snuggling in!!

Kath, I hate the heat too. Especially worse when you're pregnant. I'm staying inside luckily with air conditioning, I can't really complain. I can understand you're feeling more emotional but remember you're in the home stretch now!! Just think of that gorgeous baby you'll be cuddling in your arms real soon )

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol

All done. I'm PUPO!

They did say that they think I have a mild case of OHSS which is freaking me out a bit as I know pregnancy could make it worse. For a while I thought they would cancel the transfer but it went ahead.

We still have 6 embryos going apparently but none are going too fast. I hope they pick up and are suitable for freezing tomorrow. It would be sad to get none for freezing again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin, awesome news! Glad to hear you've had transfer!! Yes OHSS does get worse if you get pregnant. It landed me in hospital with my first pregnancy. I hope it doesn't happen to you. And I think even though the embryos are going alittle slow it doesn't mean anything. We got 3 blastocysts, 2 I had transferred fresh. Then they told me the third one was slow and they weren't sure they would even freeze it. Well they did freeze it and this is now the baby I am carrying. So you just never know even with the slightly slower embryos!! Put your feet up and relax!!

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol

Hi, can I ask you all a question? I did a down regulation cycle this time and had a 5d embryo transferred yesterday. If I were going strictly by the calendar then AF would be due later this week but i know with down regulation they aim to take over your cycle. I'm really scared AF will come even though I'm on Progesterone. Could I be on too little progesterone?

Did any of you worry about this? Did any of you have AF come earlier than approx 14 days post egg collection whilst on this protocol?
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 19-02-2013 at 17:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin, your AF should not be due for another 9-10 days ie approx 14 days from time of egg collection. Because you had a 5 day embryo transfer then your blood test should be in about 10 days which is when AF is due if you're not pregnant. It is possible to be on too little progesterone. If you have any spotting whatsoever call your IVF nurse and tell them. When it happened to me they increased my progesterone pessaries. It turned out to be implantation spotting with my first pregnancy. I had no implantation spotting with this pregnancy. I did get AF a few times prior to the blood test but I wasn't doing the Colorado protocol then, I had a different doctor. I don't think it would have anything to do with the protocol though.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say that they will check your progesterone level when you have your blood test so they will know if your levels are low and increase your progesterone accordingly. And if you get a BFP then you will have 2 or 3 more blood tests to keep checking HCG and progesterone levels.

I'm nearly 25 weeks and still taking morning and evening progesterone pessaries! I am soooooo over them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Sorry it has taken a couple of days to post. With Kinder and a baby, I feel like I don't have anytime to sit down and post.
    Mary, I am so glad you are putting your pram and other things on layby. That is so much fun. Makes everything feel real. Muslin wraps are the best. Olivia loves being wrapped up every night. I hope you don't think bad of me, but Olivia gets baths in the kitchen sink. That sounds terrible. It works well for us, as the bench is the perfect level. I did the same thing for my twins. When they got to big for the sink I would put a small amount of water in the bath and would lay them on there backs. They loved it. Kicked like crazy. They would cry when I would take them out.
    I am so pleased that you are going well. Looking forward to hearing how your scan goes on Thursday. Hoping this heat is not bothering you to much.
    Have you got a pregnancy pilow yet? That might help with being uncomfortable at night.
    Rae & Kath, How are you girls going? Hope you are both well and not working to hard.
    MrsErin, Congrats on your transfer. I will have everything crossed for you.

AFM, Olivia is going great. Mary you will be so proud of me. I am now breast feeding. Only took me 7 weeks, But its going great. I have to top her up with a bottle sometime, but I am so happy that I can do it.
    On a sad note, my friend had a baby boy on the 7th of January this year. He was born with some heart and lung issues. He was at the Royal Womens Hosiptal in Melbourne. He had a bad weekend and lost his battle yesterday and died. I just feel so sad for them. I just don't know what to say to her.
    Sorry and I am thinking of them is all I can come up with.

Take care girls and talk soon. Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, great to hear from you. I totally understand you're busy with the twins and the baby. So happy to hear that the breast feeding is now going well for you, that's great. I have heard from friends of mine that its not easy figuring out the whole breast feeding thing. That is sooo terribly sad about your friends baby, nothing can compare to the grief of losing a child. The best you can do is just let them know they're in your thoughts. Was the baby born prematurely?? Or was it a full term baby? Did they know through preg scans that the baby had some heart issues?? It's so very sad!

I didn't buy a pregnancy pillow but I'm just using an ordinary pillow and resting my tummy half on it when I sleep on my left side. It's made a massive difference and I can actually sleep well now. Gee I should have started using it earlier. I don't wake up at 3am all uncomfortable anymore. Hehe don't worry about bathing Olivia in the kitchen sink, I reckon it's cute when they're so small and you can do it. I remember my nieces being bathed in the bathroom sink lol ....We're planning on getting a baby bath & stand when I'm able to go find something I like. I bought two very cute muslin wraps on eBay which I love but I'm concerned they are not warm at all, they are a very thin light cotton fabric. It seems ideal for a summer baby but with the baby being born hopefully in May I'm thinking we need warmer wraps. Unless its better to wrap baby in a light muslin wrap and then a blanket on top??? I really need to go to the shops but of course I'm not allowed to. But I'm sure we'll sort out all these things in time.

Scan is tomorrow so fingers crossed. Had some nasty pains in what I think is the cervix area this morning but I can't be sure where its coming from. I'm taking it extra easy today, trying not to get off the couch too often and we'll see what's going on tomorrow. Been having shocking headaches in last few days and having to take panadeine forte. This preg has been horrific with these headaches. Otherwise bub is kicking so at least that makes me feel good

Speak soon.
    Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    Wonderful to hear from you. I am so excitied about your scan tomorrow. I can't wait to hear. 25 weeks is great. You are really getting there. Only 13 weeks to go. Thank-you for your suport about my friend. I was shopping with Olivia in coles supermarket when I got the call. Abbey and Foster were at kinder. I just burst into tears. People were looking at me. I just couldn't help it. I was so upset. Little Rory was born at 39 weeks to the day. For some reason his little lungs were not developed and he had heart and kidney issues to. I know what it is like to have someone close to you die, but I can't imagine dealing with the loss of a child. I can only be there if she need me. I am with the other girls in my Mothers Group going to buy her a pandora bracelet and put the pandora angel charm on it.
    I have lots of muslin wraps. Most of the time I just use the really light ones. If the weather is cold I will just put a nighty or jumpsuit on Olivia and then a blanket on top.
    The pain in your cervix could be growing pains. I got pains off and on everywhere. Your whole body is changing and growing. Pregnancy is truely amazing. I am super happy to have a beauitful baby, but I sometimes miss being pregnant.
    As for c-sections, It will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I feel 100% better. It took me about 6 months to feel back to normal when I had the twins. This time I am there now. Could be something to do with having a single baby compared to twins.
    Hoping your headaches improve soon. There is nothing worse.
    Thinking of you tomorrow.
    Talk soon and take care Kel xxx