Closed Thread
Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kel, did you have a very long waiting time to get the twins into kinder? I hear it can take years and a good idea to put the kids on the waiting list as soon as they are born. Is that true? Gosh I have no idea about these things lol

Yes it's the Baby Jogger City Mini GT we are possibly looking at buying. It's got 3 wheels. Currently on special at Baby Bunting for $499 (normally 599) plus if we get the bassinet attachment then an extra $299. Again I was naughty and we dropped into Baby Bunting for 15 mins last week on way home from the scan just to have a quick look. I'm just not sure about the 3-wheels. Is it just as good as the 4-wheelers? I also found the same model Baby Jogger on eBay sent from US for $350 so might do that to save abit but we'll see.

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Mary, When I Brought the City mini Gt it was also $499. My local baby store really looks after me as I have brought everything new for the twins and now stuff for Olivia. I had the bassinett on layby which I cancelled after deciding to sell the pram. I thought it was $199.00. I am happy to find out. Most stores will price match. I saved $70.00 on my breast pump just buy finding the cheapest on line. Then getting it priced matched locally. Don't buy your pram off ebay sent from America. As there saftey standards are not the same as ours. Plus they will not cover the warrenty. I was talking to a lady that hd alot of trouble after her pram arrived damaged.
    I didn't have to Book in early for kinder, but Bendigo is much smaller than Melbourne. I have heard that in some areas you do. I would look into it if I was you. Time flys. Olivia is 5 weeks yesterday. I can't believe it.
    Glad you are doing great.

Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol

Hi Francisca, thanks for asking after me. I started my needles last night. So far so good! I'm also on dexamethasone and melatonin. Will pick up my intralipid tomorrow for my infusion on Friday. The nasty Synarel continues.

There is so much waiting with IVF and then it's go go go when you start meds!

Hi to everyone else too :-)

Can anyone tell me why my DH takes antibiotics for only 7 days from the same time I started my FSH? We're wondering why he wouldn't take it all the way up to EPU day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, you're right, the saving is probably not worth the risk of receiving a damaged pram from overseas. I will need to check the prices of the bassinets again that go with that baby jogger but one was definately $299. There may have been another one but I liked the $299 one as it was larger, more comfy. Ill let you know what I find out.

Mrs Erin, the reason for the 7 days antibiotics for the guys is to clear their body of any infection/ bacteria etc before they give the sperm sample on the day of egg collection. One course of the antibiotics for 7 days is considered sufficient and part of the Colorado protocol. We did the same. Good luck!!

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, you are right. There is two bassinets. One is $199, which is called the compact bassinet. The one you are I interested in is bigger and is $299.00. I have a bassinet on my pram at the moment. Not sure if I love it. Didn't get the twin bassinet for the twins. Not sure if its good value. I picked mine up for $60.00 brand new. From a online baby store that was clearing old stock.
    Just can be a pain putting it together.

Kel xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, yes that's it. It's the larger $299 bassinet we liked. It is coming out pretty pricey $798 total for the baby jogger pram plus bassinet but I think I really need the bassinet otherwise how do you go out anywhere with the baby? I liked how easy the baby jogger folds away. If I'm able to get to Baby Bunting again briefly ill look at the Mountain Buggy you recommended. If the news is all good from my next scan on Thurs might get hubby to pop into Baby Bunting with me again after our appointment.

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, As for prams, I think you should get the pram that you really want and the bassinet. You have waited long enough. Almost 10 years.The city mini GT folds up super easy. Easier than the mountain Buggy. Three wheels are great. I think better than four. The girl that brought the city mini GT off me just loves it. Also it will take up very little room in the boot of your car.
    I watched a show on pay tv last. A ladie started to go into labour at 25 weeks. Her cervix had shorted so much. She was put on bed rest at home and ended up carrying her baby to 39 weeks when she had a c-section.
    Enjoy you weekend.

Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel, thanks its great to hear positive stories from others with cervix issues. It gives me hope that everything might turn out ok. I've also been reading online about other women's experiences with incompetent cervix, cervix shortening and funnelling stories and mostly it's encouraging with appropriate care from the doctor and precautions like the stitch, bedrest etc. I'm trying to stay off my feet but its hard. I've had a few meltdown moments where I've gotten real sad and depressed and nearly in tears but then I feel better again. My fear at the moment is I feel some niggling pains which I think are coming from the cervix area. I told my OB last time and he said no its not the cervix but I'm not convinced. Well I'm just going to have to wait and see the scan results on Thurs and then I have my OB appointment Friday.

We want to put some thing on layby at Baby Bunting but they only allow 3 months max. So we're gonna wait till the last few days of the special which ends 17 Feb and then put the pram and other things on layby. Then with the baby coming late May or possibly earlier we should be just right with the layby. I'm just not sure whether its worth putting stuff that's not on special on layby? What do you think?

You're right, I've waited soooo long for this bub I deserve to splurge abit on baby things!! But most of the shopping will come after I recover from the c-section and can actually go enjoy the shopping!!

Gee it's absolutely pouring in Melb today. I hope it's nicer weather in Bendigo for you? Have you always lived in Bendigo? I've been many times and its quite big actually!!

Have a great Sunday!!

Mary xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?? It's been quiet in here and I hope everyone is cruising along smoothly!! No exciting news from me, I'm just resting and taking it easy. Feeling rather anxious about my scan Thurs morning. I hope it's good news. I'm not keen on spending weeks and weeks in hospital but it will be what it will be. I'm getting heartburn lately which is rather annoying but suppose its common in pregnancy. Take care ladies.

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, sorry for the delay in replying. We have been flat out with Kinder starting. I was chatting to one of the other Mothers today. She was holding a new born. I asked her how old her baby was. She said 16 weeks. She in now 6 pounds. She was born at 26 weeks and doing great. She said her sister had twins at 24 weeks which are fine. They are now 3 years old. Amazing how early they can be born and be fine after a long Hospital stay.
    Good luck for Thursday. Can't wait to hear how great you are doing. Mary if ever you come to Bendigo again, I would love for you to come and visit.
    Hope your bedrest is going fast.

Take care Kel xx