Closed Thread
Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kel, woww Olivia sounds like a dream baby sleeping through most of the night. I also tried to look up your husband on FB but couldn't work out who it might be. Glad to hear the twins are doing better too. Once their baby sister grows up alittle they will love having another playmate With regard to weight loss, don't let anyone pressure you about it. You will lose weight when you're ready. It certainly doesn't help when you get those comments. I can understand how you feel, I've also struggled with my weight most of my life. Just try eat healthy and take it a step at a time. After my baby arrives I'll be going on a strictly healthy eating plan and back to the gym as I wanna lose at least 20kg before I contemplate baby no 2 down the track. But after a c-section I'm sure you gotta give it a good 3 months to let the body recover so no way can you do exercise straight away. Take your time to recover well first!!

AFM, it's strange but I have no appetite this second trimester. I gained about 6kg in the first trimester and that's it. My weight hasn't changed since then in the last 8-9 weeks. I'm not complaining and as long as the baby is growing well then I don't think there's any concern. The dr hasn't even ever asked me about my weight in this pregnancy, it doesn't look like they even worry about it. I'm hoping I don't gain more than 10-12 kg over the whole pregnancy but we'll see how it goes. At the moment I'm just worried about reaching 28 wks. You are right, it's not the worst thing to end up in hospital on bedrest but it won't be easy. If I have to go in at 23 wks then at least it will only be like 5 weeks to get to the safe 28 wk stage. He said I'd stay there till the end of the preg but I've heard that women go home once they pass a safe stage. So maybe past 30 wks they let u go home to rest. Anyway we can only see what happens. I'll do whatever it takes of course. I'm getting lots of lower back pain in the last few weeks, I don't think lying down all the time helps!

Take care
    Mary xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,

Hopefully you are feeling a bit better today! I am sending lots of positive thoughts to you.
    The possibility of staying hospital is good for that extra pampering that you will receive from your loved ones.

i am trying to keep busy by looking for job advertises, rewriting my résumé many times over and reading.
    Almost all my girlfriends have children so during this 2ww I find myself a bit lonely not knowing what to do. A couple of friends have gone through our rocky road with ivf many years ago, so their lives are a bit busier now with their kids and I don't think i should bring those memories of treatment back.

Anyway, I feel a bit tired of taking injections every night. This protocol is really hard on the body, but I trust that I am doing the best I can for a positive outcome.
    My DH has been really nice with the nightly jabbing as well. I couldn't do it without him.

Kel, even if it is your dad, please do not allow anyone to call you fat. You just had a baby and you do not need this type of nonsense comments.

Have a great rest of the weekend girls!
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Maryz, I hope you're not getting too bored with all the bedrest. It would be so hard but I know you will do whatever it takes. I mean, you already have to get to this point!

Coincidentally, my boss had a baby last week...at 29 weeks. She had an incompetent cervix and had been on bedrest since 20 weeks. In and out of hospital during that time. Her bub is doing really really well, thank goodness. I know another girl too who made it through to about 34 weeks with the same issue! I'm thinking of you.

How's the TWW treating you Francisca?

AFM, I am so sick of waiting to start! I'm sniffing the Synarel and I have BT on Tuesday. If all goes to plan I think I'll be starting jabs on Thursday. The Synarel freaks me out as sometimes I get a bad taste in my throat and sometimes not...which makes me scared that I haven't taken it correctly.

We saw NL last week and found out that all our tests were completely normal except the NK cells. I'm so relieved that there are no chromosomal problems so we can avoid PGD.

I so hope it is our turn for a BFP soon!

Hope you're all having a nice long weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Hoping that you are all having a wonderful long weekend.
    Mary, I think you are doing a great job not putting on much weight. I put on 19kg all up. My Doctor weighted me very time I went. I hated that part. I know two people that have had incompetent cervix and they both went on to have heathly babies. One at 31 weeks and one almost full term. I would be really hard having to lay down all the time. You are right, That would not help with the lower back pain. I can't believe how far you have come. You are really doing a amazing job. Thank-you for the support about my weight. I can't believe some of my family. Being a twin myself and having been compared to her my whole life was hard enough without being picked on on month after having a bub. I just want to enjoy this time knowing how lucky I am to have my beauitful family.
    Bub is crying. I will try to chat later today.
    Kel. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, I can't believe how time flies and Olivia is one month old already. It feels like only yesterday you were counting down to your c-section. I forgot to say on my last post that you've already done an amazing job to drop 14 kg in the first month, wowww! That's fantastic! Keep up the good work but don't be too hard on yourself, heal first Is the breast feeding any easier or are you still just expressing? I've been doing abit of baby shopping online (well browsing only) and I wanted to ask whether you can recommend a brand of a baby pram?

Francisca, you're doing great and the 2ww will fly by before you know it and I have everything crossed for you for that BFP!! Any luck with those job ads? I think writing a résumé and replying to applications can be such a nightmare but good luck!! What injections are you currently on? I hated for daily evening injection. When I got preg I had to have daily progesterone shots to increase my progesterone levels and mum would do it every night. Ouch they really hurt sometimes! Stick with the Colorado, I really believe in it!!

Rae, how was your week in Shepparton? I'm not sure if you're back yet? Hope you had a fabulous time and are feeling well.

Kath, how are you going? You're about 25 weeks now right? What is your due date? Is your dr letting you go to 40 wks? Mine is not letting me go past 38 wks.

MrsErin, good luck with starting the jabs this week! I hope this is your lucky cycle Thanks heaps for your support, it's great to hear of other success stories with women who have an incompetent cervix. I also had elevated NK cells and everything else was perfect. I really think you have the best chance following the Colorado protocol and going for the intralipid infusions! Is Matthew your nurse? He's great with instructions and letting you know when you need to take what meds! Good luck!

AFM, the long weekend has been rather uneventful for me. Resting on the couch, watched 2 movies today. I'm feeling good, getting minor pains here and there but NL says its the ligaments stretching etc The lower back plays up every now and then. Bub has been moving around especially at night when I get into bed it feels like that's precisely the time bub wakes up and starts kicking! Hehe So funny! I just LOVE that feeling of my baby kicking inside me and yet most of the time I still find it hard to believe this is really happening to me! 22 wks this coming Thurs and I'm still wondering when my tummy will really pop out?? At the moment it just looks like I've put on abit of weight in the tummy but I still don't look obviously pregnant! Is anyone using a pregnancy pillow at night? I am finding I'm more uncomfortable at night. Have a great week ladies!!

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

The long weekend has gone, which means I am in the second part of my long wait. Thank God! I am trusting that this huge treatment is the answer for all the problems (endo, NK cells, implantation failure) I have had so far to get pregnant and to have my miracle baby.
    It is not easy! I day dream about a BFP.

Mary, my belly is also bruised by those Claxane injections, which are rather painful and itchy. I do not mind the Filgrastim injections (hard on the pocket), but Claxane is horrible. Did you take it for many weeks after BFP?

MrsErin, I felt the same with synarel. Sometimes I sniffed twice as I could not feel a thing. I do not suggest you to do it. It also gave me a horrible headache for the day whenever it happened. It is weird!

I love hearing from you girls. You are all positive successful stories for me.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Colorado protocol

Hi Mary, i am doing great, thanks for asking. Might have to book in to see a chiro soon though as my back and hips ache so much at night when i sleep and it wakes me up all of the time.
    Bub is getting so much bigger and stronger. His kicks take me by surprise at times. We can feel knees and elbows and such rolling around in my tum quite often now too. This is all so exciting.
    Sorry for the short me post. I have to go and nap. Was up the hospital with my son last night (midnight) and up early getting kids off to school. Very tired.
    Take care and i will check in with personals perhaps tomorrow.
    Kathxx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kath, i hope you can get some relief for your back and hips. Mine are starting to ache more too. Get some rest if you can

Francisca, arghhh the aweful Clexane. Believe it or not I am still doing daily Clexane injections and will be right up until two days prior to my c-section. I think normally you stop when 16 wks pregnant but I had some elevated cardiolopins (I think that's what it's called) in my bloods so decided with NL that safest I stay on the Clexane for the entire pregnancy. It's horrible, it itches me alot on my tummy and yes some mornings are painful with the jabs. I can't remember what it was but NL did suggest a cream to relieve the itching but I never bothered to get it yet. I think it was a steroid cream and I was trying to avoid it. Some days are worse than others with the itching. It's also quite normal for the tummy area to bruise heaps from the Clexane so don't worry about that if you see it.

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Bwana, some sessions of acupuncture may also help during pregnancy. There are lot of articles about it.

Mary, I have two huge bruises and several spots where the injection got in. I look like a drugs junk , but it is part of the deal. Like you I would do it until the end, if it is required.
    The cream for bruising is called Hirudoid, recommended by Alex the nurse.
    Yesterday I had some of those signs that you start questioning if it is working or not. I had cramps, more like a mild period pain, felt a bit anxious and ate like crazy, typically I have all these when I am about to get my period. I hope that this is just the pessaries and the other meds side effects.

Have you had some of any of these symptoms and still got a BFP ?

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francisca, thanks for the name of the cream, might go tell hubby to buy it for me if the itch gets any worse. There's less bruising if you inject at an angle so make sure you're also doing it correctly. I wasn't at first and my tummy was a horrific sight. Even NL got a shock when he saw it and told me I wasn't injecting correctly. Don't worry about any symptoms you are feeling during the 2ww, you really just can't know either way until the blood test. I'm really hoping for a positive for you ������ With my first pregnancy (which we lost) I had real bad cramps which started about a week after transfer and lasted for weeks! I also had classic implantation spotting which lasted like 24 hrs. Then with my current pregnancy I had no implantation spotting and no cramps at all. I was sure it hasn't worked cause I was comparing it to the first pregnancy. So go figure!! It just shows that every pregnancy can be so different. Some cramps and spotting can be good signs of implantation so don't worry if you get either!! Stay positive!