Closed Thread
Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to pickup some Filgrastrim last night and found out that the prescription has changed to all patients on the Colorado Protocol to 75 micrograms as oppose to a dosage that is related to the patient's body weight. This meant $345/wk of injections. Ouch!
    First day of my long 2ww. I spent most of the morning reading about implantation, embryo development, and 2ww. I want to take my mind out of it, but seems impossible. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Hope everyone to going well. I can't believe how time is flying. Olivia is One month old tomorrow.
    Hi Mary, I can't wait to hear how you go tomorrow. It is a lovely utrasound. Get as many pictures as you can. Bub will look like a baby. I wish I was a fly on the wall to see your excitement. Gordon goes back to work on the 13th of Feb. So a few more weeks home. Bottle feeding I think is alot easier. You know how much milk they are getting. I have big flat boobs, which makes breast feeding hard for me, but I am still trying. I think you do what is right for you. Please let us know how you go tomorrow. I can't wait to hear. I agree with Kath about the car seats. That is would I brought with the twins.
    Francsca, Hoping the 2ww is not to hard. I don;t know that there is anything that makes it easier. Just take one day at a time. SO glad you got some answers with NL. I will be thinking of you and I have everything crossed.
    Rae, Have a wonderful time in the country. Its so nice to get away. I will get my husband to send you a message on facebook. So we can see each others pictures. I looked you up, but then did'nt know what to do next as I am not on facebook.
    Kath, Sounds like you are flat out. I know what you mean with having people stay over. Nice to have people stay, but nice to get your house back to. I think you are starting to nest. My husbands profile picture is of him and the twins. Some details are, he works at Centrelink, lives in Bendigo. Let me know if you need more details.
    Talk soon and take care girls.
    Love Kel. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Did any of you stop drinking coffee completely while on the 2ww?
    i have 1/2 cup sometimes or 1cup of decaf in the morning during the stim cycle and can't quite stop it completely?

Mary, let us know how was the scan today? I am very excited for you. It must be so nice to see your baby moving inside you. Some times I day dream about it.
    Good luck! I am positive that everything will be fine for you.

Thanks Kel, I need to be thinking all the time that even if the embryo was not the highest grade that somehow my body with all the meds I am taking will complete the job, and by today I have a morula growing from strength to strength until implantation happens.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
    xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Colorado protocol

Francisca, i think decaf will be fine. You just dont want much caffeine. I am still having a couple if normal coffees a day, and if i feel like i want more i have my decaf.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bwana For This Useful Post:

francisca  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,
    I am off to the country town of to my country townwhere i grew up... Kel i was in bed at 7.30pm last night, I was super exhauster for some mad reason yesterday, so i just went with it. Will go on facebook this evening and be your friend. As i said if anyone wants to look me up send me a message... Don't think there is any other people with this name for sure.
    Francisca, coffee i could not drink after the first two months for about 3 months. It smelt fantastic but could not stomach it! now i drink 1 to 2 a day but try to aim for 1. I think as you get further and further you get more tired and as i am working full time i need a little something right now. I went on the treadmill again this morning and feel much better. Yesterday i didn't and couldn't wake up all day so i didn't fight it and went to bed. I believe keeping fit is the only way i am going to continue to work full time for the next 12 weeks!
    Mary, hope your scan was amazing and your little buba was in the correct position for Sonographer as my little girl wouldn't lift her head for ages.
    Have a grat day girls and take care,

Rae xoxo
    Last edited by Just1; 03-03-2013 at 07:19.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just1 For This Useful Post:

francisca  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I'm so super tired this evening I've been falling asleep on the couch. Had the 21 wk scan today and it was real exciting to see bub moving around. I love the scans but its always nerve wrecking. Everything was great with bub. They did have some difficulty getting a perfect view so suggested I come back in 2 weeks which I will do. But they got 90 percent what they needed and all was fine. The only concern is my cervix has shortened from 35 mm to 24 mm in the last 5 weeks. I think normal is over 30 mm. They said not to worry as stitch is holding and doing its job but I'm real petrified now as it could continue to get worse as baby gets bigger. I just need to get to 28 wks at least! I see my dr tomorrow so will see what he says. I'm already resting all day, don't know what else I can do. I'm alittle unhappy tonight as worried about it (

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, You poor love. I am sorry that your cervix has shortened. The good news is that you have the stitch in. Plus you can find out eveything you need to know tomorrow at the doctors. The good news is bub looks great. I also had to go back for another scan as they could'nt get all they needed. Another chance at seeing your bub again. I know it is easier said than done about not stressing, but you have a amazing Doctor. One of the best around. He will have all the information you need. Thinking of you.
    Please let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow.
    Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,

Poor thing. It is never easy, is it? But the good thing is you saw your baby alive and well and you have another chance to look at bubba in 2 wks.
    Now you must carry on with resting and trying to be positive.
    I know it is easier said than done, I finding myself many times not being in the most positive mindset, worrying about things I can't control, but there is no much more you can do. You are in good hands!
    A friend of mine, she had her first IVF cycle and got pregnant with twins, but lost one , then on her 2nd pregnancy she had to be stitched. I think she had her little daughter on week 32. The girl is beautiful and very healthy. She had to do absolutely nothing for all those many weeks.
    I think that is the best you can do, which means nothing at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel & Francisca, thanks so much to both of you for your support. Yes it's just never easy. I didn't expect I'd have a problem holding a pregnancy on top of getting pregnant itself. It just seems too unfair. All I'm praying for is to get to 28 weeks!! I saw my OB today and he's not overly concerned yet because whilst the cervix has shortened abit he explained that it is still closed on both sides of the stitch. He said he had a lady worse than me who he put into hospital at 21 wks and she still made it to 37 wks. He doesn't expect it to get worse too quickly but one can never know for sure. He suggested hospital to be totally cautious but then we agreed to wait 2 weeks and see what's happening at the 23 wk scan. If its any worse then I'll be in hospital for the rest of the pregnancy. Lovely...arrgghh!! But I guess if I walk away with a healthy baby then the suffering will be worth it! In the meantime I have to be even more vigilant about staying off my feet at home and yes doing nothing at all. I'm really hoping I can put off hospital as long as possible but it will be what it will be. I have to accept its out of my hands.

Francisca, how's your 2ww going? I feel for you, the waiting game is so hard. Do try keep yourself busy, go out with girlfriends for the afternoon, anything to keep yourself busy really helps pass the time. Go get a manicure/pedicure, do some nice things for yourself and hold into the positive happy thoughts.

Kel, how's that gorgeous baby doing? How are the twins coping, any better?? Has your pain eased now? Tell me, how big is the cut on the tummy for a c-section? Do they do the cut fairly low down so its covered by underwear right??

Have a lovely long weekend ladies!! I'm stuck on my couch!

Mary xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, I am pleased that you got some answers from your Dr today. Worse case being put into Hospital early might not be that bad. I know it is not the same, but I was put in Hospital 20 days before I had the twins. There is positive points to going in early. Think if your not getting much movement they can check that everything is good straight away.
    Where I had my bubs the food was lovely. The nurses were great. Plus you will have the best little gift at the end of it.
    Olivia is doing amazing. She was put to bed at 10.30pm and did'nt get up till 7.30am. I love her so much.
    Foster is coping great. Abbey still has some bad days.
    I am starting to feel great. Have lost 14kg since having Olivia. My dad told me yesterday that I need to lose weight. I thought omg she is only one month old. Give me a brake.
    You are doing a amazing job Mary. Look how far you have come. Over half way.
    Talk soon and take care.
    Kel. xxx