Closed Thread
Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    You are half way there! It is lovely to know of your case. It gives me hope.

I am feeling a bit devastated. Just got a call from the nurse and fertilisation was very low, so I will have a transfer tomorrow. I don't think they believe the embryos would survive 5 days for blast.
    I have never had such low number of eggs and also fertilisation. The previous 4 cycles, all MELB IVF, the eggs' count was on the 20s and after PGD still had few to transfer. My former dr was good but had a very conservative approach.
    Now I have until tomorrow to wait for some answers from NL about what happened, because certainly something went wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel and Just1,
    Thank you for making me fell welcome.
    I am so confused today. I can't get over the fact that only 3 eggs fertilised. That is a very low number for such a big effort. Now they want to do a day 3 transfer. It is not a good start of my week .
    I am just having that horrible feeling that it happens to everyone but me..
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Francisca,
    Try not to stress about numbers of eggs. When I did my last IVF cycle last April, I only got 2 eggs. I was so upset. They both fertilised, then as I was having both transfered I had a day 2 transfer. I really thought I had no chance. I now have a beauitful baby girl. I will have everything crossed for you.
    All the best. The 2ww can be the hardest part.
    Kel xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kell72 For This Useful Post:

francisca  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Francisca, I agree with Kel, try not to worry too much about egg numbers. It's all about the quality, you just need one lucky one! I'll never forget sitting there having the intralipid treatment when NL introduced a few of us to a lady who was about 25 wks preg and he said here is the best example of a poor responder. They only got the one egg from her cycle and she got preg. I have never forgotten that. And myself I had 19 eggs retrieved and only 6 decent fertilized ones and NL also said its a low fertilization rate. We were so worried but we ended up getting 3 blastocysts. Two I had transferred, one blastocyst frozen, got preg and lost the baby sadly. And this is my second preg now which has resulted from our only frostie. Don't give up hope!! Just think you have 3 embryos and one will hopefully be your miracle baby!! Tell me, who was your doctor at MIVF? I wasted years and years there with a conservative doctor who did nothing for me. I find the care at Monash sooooo much better and NL amazing! I truly believe you have the best chance of success with NL. Stay positive. Let us know how you go tomorrow and good luck!!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel,
    Thank you for your support. I have to keep my hope strong for this transfer.
    I am not sure why many eggs did not fertilised, but I think I need to concentrate on the positive that there will have a transfer tomorrow.
    Did you or any of the other girls take pregnyl prior to transfer?
    Apparently it is only part of the protocol if you are doing a 5 day transfer. I thought that it was for everyone who had implantation failure and is doing this protocol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol

Francisca, sorry you didn't get the result you hoped for but you're still in with a chance so don't give up! The protocol is going to help your chances too. I'll have my fingers crossed for you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    Thank you for the support.
    Cycle # 1 was with Penny Forster. Never really liked her care so moved on to her husband John McBain, who is very knowledgeable but super conservative.
    The last 2 cycles with him I had PGD ( a fortune wasted). I have had about 17 transfers and 2 biochemical pregnancies. And as you said, numbers do not matter!
    I still felt the same feeling of failure after all that!
    Now I am entering my 6th year of IVF. The first with Monash and NL.

Life is funny sometimes! NL was the first dr that I saw in a seminar when we started thinking that our natural trials were not going anywhere, this was back to 2007, but my gynecologist referred me to Penny as Mivf is closer to home and she knew I will be "in good hands".
    I regret so much the time I wasted with my previous doctor as he was not opening to try anything else, even though my first cycles were huge in numbers.
    it was obvious to me that I had to try something else. I was not ready to give up. I know aging is against quality and therefore pregnancy, but inside me there is a lot of faith that I will be part of the good stats group.
    My mother had me when she was 47 with normal delivery. She is still with us at 88 and reminding me that if it is God's will I will have it. That is never too late!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Erin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Francisca, I really wish you all the best for your transfer tomorrow. I have everything crossed for you. Yes, I think I was pregnyl. Please keep us posted. Thinking of you. Kel xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Francisca, your case sounds so similar to mine it actually makes me real angry how conservative Melb IVF are because they are wasting all these women's money and precious time and that's not talking about the emotional toll. I've been doing cycles on and off for nearly 10 years. I've only been with NL for the past year. My biggest regret is wasting soooo much time with Melb IVF. They don't believe in the Colorado protocol or prescribing blood thinners and he never did a single blood test during a cycle. It's just ridiculous when I think about it now but I didn't know different then. He told me I wasn't getting pregnant cause I'm overweight but NL said that's total rubbish which it is! Makes me think that Melb IVF are just there to make money rather than really achieve pregnancies. Anyway enough of my rant! It's just really painful how much time I also lost with them. Got preg twice in a row straight away with NL on the Colorado. I don't think it's just coincidence. It's cause he cares to treat women for implantation failure and natural killer cells. I did have Pregnyl with my last transfer which was a day 5 blastocyst, he does it at the transfer. All the best for tomorrow.

Mary