Closed Thread
Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kel, sounds like my headaches might be similar to what you had around same time. Hopefully will pass soon. I'm seeing my OB on Tues so will ask him too. I'm doing ok I guess but bedrest is definately no walk in the park. Anyway as long as bub keeps doing well I'm happy and will suffer through it! I don't think I got any chance of him letting me go back to work in Jan, he already said no last time I asked. How did your appointment go? Do you think your bub will come abit early? Keep well and enjoy the weekend.

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    Glad you are doing ok with the bed rest. Good luck for your appointment on Tuesday. You must be almost 14 weeks?
    I went to Dr Cullen on Tuesday. I asked him when he thinks I will be having bub. He said if I carried twins to 38 weeks then I can carry one bub to as long as he wants me to. I am going to have a c-section the Thursday or Friday after christmas. Which is the 27th or 28th of Dec. I hope he is right. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow.
    I had a terrible weekend. My husband had his work break up on Friday night. He asked me to drive him. I tried to keep the twins up to pick him up at 10pm. 1.30am when I got a phone call to come and get him he had already started walking home. DRUNK!! The weather was terrible. When I finally found him he was wet through. I made him take his clothes off before he got in my new car. Luckey it was a hot night. Sorry to vent.
    Take care Kel xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rae,
    So sorry for the delay in replying. People are just mean telling you that you are so big. I had people stop me in the street when I was pregnant with my twins saying, you must be having more than one. Gets upsetting after a while.
    I have put on a lot of weight. 18kgs in all. My Doctor is not that happy about it, But I think it has alot to do with all the drugs we have to be on. Yes I was dexmethasone. I think that helped me gain alot of weight. I felt that I got excess hair on my chin of all places. I plucked it out. Hoping it does not grow back. The joys of ivf drugs.
    As for pelvic floor exercises, about a month ago when I went to Dr Cullen. He asked me was I having any abnormal loss from down below. I said no, but I need to go to the bathroom all the time. He then asked me if I was wetting myself. I said no. That did freak me out. I am now doing my pelvic floor excercises every time that I remember.
    There is somethings we need to know. As scary as they are.
    Take care and talk soon. Kel xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi GStef,
    So sorry about your failed cycles. I believe strongly in the colorado protocol. It took me 7 cycles and 6 frozen to get my twins. Then I did 1 frozen, 2 full cycles and then 1 cycle of the colorado. That did the trick. I am 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow. We love the colorado!!!
    If your FS is against it. Move on.
    All the best and good luck Kel. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I just wanted to pop and and say hi
    I am still here reading along, but we are so busy from now until christmas with the cherries, and I am just so exhausted after work every day, I just don't get time to reply. I have the morning off to process pays at home, and catch up on some housework, so just wanted to say hi.
    I am 17 weeks today, have a dr appointment on wednesday for a checkup, and my 20 week scan on 17/12, although i will only be 19weeks by then. I am getting eager to feel some movement, sometimes i think i feel the baby move, but then I am not so sure. So nothing definite yet.\
    Kel, wow, not long to go, you are looking to be delivering around the time I will be celebrating the half way mark!!! Unreal!!!
    Mary, you are doing great, keep up the good work. It can't be easy for you being stuck on the couch or in bed everyday, however right now I would give anything to just sleep in until 9 am for one morning. Your prize at the end of all of this will be worth it, trust me.
    Rae, I am sorry , I can't read back to your previous message at the moment, it is on another page. But in answer to a question from a while ago, no , I didn't do the colorado protocol, I dont know what they call what I did, they were just treating nk cells, mthfr and my thyroid problems, I just popped on one day to congratulate you on your pregnancy, and to wish Mary luck ttc after her loss earlier this year.
    talk soon, I enjoy hearing how well you are all going
    kathxxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Colorado protocol

Well i had a scan today and its still only early but everything is looking good iam 5 and a half weeks i just want this pregnancy to end with me holding a baby in my atrms i feel more relaxed this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 6 years if trying, I am so happy for you. That is wonderful news. Look after yourself and take one day at a time. Good things do really happen.
    Take care Kel x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kell72 For This Useful Post:

6 years trying  (03-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kath, 17 weeks is awesome!! So glad to hear you're doing well. I must say my couch rest is enjoyable when I have a good show to watch but otherwise it can get real boring. I try to somehow keep myself busy, not easy!! Try take it easy, don't work too hard although I know easier said than done before Christmas.

Kel, sounds like your hubby had abit of a wild night with the boys! Dont be too hard on him. Boys will be boys! I can just imagine the picture of you ordering him to take his clothes off before he gets in the car hehe I would have done the same by the way!! I'm off to my OB tomorrow morning. See what he says about stopping some of the meds soon I hope. Im so glad today is over, 13 wk 4 days exactly when I lost bub last time. It's good to get past this date and look forward now. I've been anxious all day even though I know it's silly and every preg is different but still it stirs up emotions. So yes coming up to 14 wks this Thurs and by Christmas ill be 17 weeks. Can't wait cause we're breaking the news to the family incl grandmas, aunties, uncle on Christmas Day. So that will certainly cause some added excitement on the day! Only our parents and siblings know at the moment and mum says wait till 20 wks but I'm hoping 17 wks is safe enough. You never know anyway! Well take care, only 3 wks for you to go!

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well I had my OB check up today. All went well, I can slowly go off some meds like the dexamethasone in the next 2 weeks. We haven't got our downs result yet but I know the scan was fine so I'm not too worried about it. He tried to pick up the baby's heartbeat with a Doppler but wasn't able to. He said not to worry, it's still hard to pick up during week 13 and because I'm overweight it makes it even harder. Has anyone had this problem when they can't pick up the heartbeat with the Doppler? He said at 16 wks should be easier. He wasn't too fussed about the headaches, said it can be common in preg. He thought maybe its my blood pressure but that was normal. He won't let me go back to work at all during the preg. I need to stay resting till I get to 28 wks and if then all ok he said I can increase activity then as baby will be viable. He said it may be abit overkill but given my age, history and all I've been through, he doesn't want me taking any chances. So looks like ill be a couch potato for quite awhile. My c-section has been set for 23 May. Bring on May!!!!

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, I am so pleased that your OB appointment went well. I am so happy that you have passed your stressful 13+4 day mark.
    Try not to stress about the Doppler not picking up the heart beat. I was 11 weeks when I first saw my OB. He had a little fuzzy utrasound machine that should me the baby. I am sure that when I went back a month later he used the same thing. I was 19 weeks before he used the Doppler. Even last week at 34 weeks he had trouble finding the heart be. I am alot overweight. I don't think there equitment is all that up to date. Like in a Hosiptal.
    You are doing amazing.
    Take care and talk soon. Kel