Closed Thread
Page 40 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Hope you are all doing a amazing job.
    Mary, I must be losing my mind. Of cource you can't invite your friends around. Silly me, I do understand why you are waiting to tell your friends and family. Sorry for not thinking.
    Kath & Rae, So pleased that you are doing great. Time is starting to fly. It is so very true. Once you relax time goes fast.
    AFM, 34 weeks today. Feeling that the baby has dropped. Terrible heart burn today. Bub jumping on my pelvis. Need a nanna nap everyday. As I am getting close, feeling scared. Not sure why. Had a c-section before, no issues at all. My husband has 2 weeks and 4 days left at work. Hoping I can hang on till then.
    Seeing Dr Cullen tomorrow. Hoping all is good.
    Take care and chat soon Kel. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Mary, to be honest i have been getting what i call a lot of pains today so had another scan today :-). All is ok so just must be growing i guess. should start feeling something in next few weeks for sure. We should definately catch up in the future.I will be taking a year off so plenty of time.
    Hope you enjoyed a relaxing day.
    rae xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol

Hi girls! I was just reading through and see alot of positives! After 5 back to back failed cycled, we might have to ask FS about the protocol when we see her on Monday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rae, I just wanted to let you know that I went through a stage where I had alot of pain. It was that bad that it would make me have to sit up in bed. My Dr said it has everything changing for the bub. I did'nt get movement till around 18 weeks. Even then it was just slight strange feeling. I was over 20 weeks before I really felt anything. Hope your doing great.
    Thinking of you Kel. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    GStef, i also have had endometriosis and don't believe this is everything to do with you not having luck on your side. I know a girl i work with who had awful endo and she got pregnant first Ivf cycle. There is only two Dr's i know that do our protocol, wish you all the luck in the world...sure all the girls on here would be happy to give you advice on Dr if needed. I was on my third dr before i found Dr Nick.
    Kel thanks so much it makes me feel better, everone is telling me i'm so big and it was freaking me out. Sonographer told me bubs is sitting upright and that's why! He also told me in the next three weeks that will all change. So you must be right about the pains. Kel, you were on dexmethasone? can i ask did you put on excess weight given it's about 4 months we had to be on them annd hair growth,did you have bad experience with that and does it go? Also sorry girls to ask this but what is going on with the bladder right now! like no control sometimes. Doing pelvic floor every day but thinking i'm not even big big yet what happens when i'm like 7-8 months!
    Rae xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well. We had an absolutely horrible 13 week scan today and it took me half the day today to calm down about it I was so angry. The most important thing is bub is perfectly fine, strong heartbeat, downs risk very very low and physically looks fine. I am relieved all was fine but they are utterly hopeless at the Monash ultrasound at Clayton and ultrasound machinery there aweful. I've told myself previously I won't go there and stupidly agreed yesterday when they called to change me from going to the Hawthorn ultrasound to go to Clayton as there was going to be no dr avail at Hawthorn. So I ageed and regret it. I had this girl do the scan who barely said one word to us, I had to keep prodding her for info about bub. The images were crap on the screen. She starts off by saying we don't do it internally. I said I don't think you'll see much at 13 wk just by doing it from the tummy. Of course she tries and I was right so she says ok have to do it internally. I thought what an idiot. Then after a while she says she just can't get the pics she needs and calls the dr. The dr comes and he was nice but he pressed down on my tummy so hard for so long I thought I would pass out. I told him look I've lost a preg from waters breaking and you are pressing so hard I am scared. He said he'll stop if I want. I let him continue briefly more until he finally got the pics he needed for the downs testing which turned out all fine. Then he did the internal so painfully I wanted to cry cause the stitch hurt. I had to make him stop. It was a totally horrible experience compared to a lovely lady dr I had last time I was preg who talked us through the whole scan and we got great images even 3D. When we finished today I asked for photos and she says oh I didn't print any for you. So I made her give me two and she gives me ones that are as good as rubbish cause can't see anything. I was soooo upset. I couldn't resist calling this dr later in the day, telling him this experience was totally different to my last and I was concerned they did not check what was needed. He said oh some days you get bad images other times its good. But that's crap it's their equipment that's aweful. I'll never go back to Clayton ultrasound again. He assured me all is fine just they couldn't get some finer details like kidneys etc. I guess they can check it at the 16 wk scan I will have in 3 weeks. So it was very upsetting today and they really hurt me pushing so hard on my tummy and the stitch. He did say stitch looked good in place and my cervix was fine. So here goes the start of second trimester for me yayyy

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    GStef, do you mind me asking who is your FS? Not many will agree to do the Colorado protocol in Australia but I'm a firm believer in it. I have a long long history of failed cycles and then two pregnancies immediately once I did the protocol with a new doctor. I lost my first preg earlier this year. Good luck and my only advice is change your FS if they won't do anything different for you. I wasted many years cause I made that mistake.

Kel, how did your appointment go today? Hope all is well.

Rae, I agree with you about the dexa. I think it increases hunger and making me put on weight too. Can't wait to stop it completely at 16 wks. I'm worried I think I've gained too much 4-5kg in first trimester and I also think its my Prog shots nightly and the high dose Prog pessaries that are to blame too. The bladder is terrible too, I hear you there!! They say it settles abit in second trimester and then worse again in third trimester. Ill let you know how I go but I think this afternoon I was going to pee every hour. Some nights real bad otherwise ok. How much weight did you put on first trimester?

Keep well everyone!

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colorado protocol

Hi all! I'm with fertility SA and see Dr Semmler. I also saw Dr Hull

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I need some advice. In the last few days I'm having daily nasty ongoing headaches which I just can't get rid of. I've been taking panadols with some codeine and the relief is minimal. And on top of that, I've started getting heartburn since yesterday. I know heartburn can be common in pregnancy but are these headaches normal?? What's the best thing to take for the heartburn?

Mary
    xx
    Last edited by Maryz; 30-11-2012 at 01:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, So sorry about your bad experience at your 13 week scan. I had terrible headaches at about 12-15 weeks. I was so worried about them. I asked my Dr. He said that they can be from the extra blood flow that is flowing around your body. Our body just needs a little time to get used to the extra blood flow.
    Not sure about what to take for heartburn.
    Talk soon and take care Kel x