Closed Thread
Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Thank you soooo much for all your congratulations and warm wishes I think I'm honestly still in shock and it's a surreal feeling. I think I had pretty much lost hope anything would work for us after so long but I felt the need to continue as I so badly wanted to give my husband a child and our parents a grandchild. I could swear that it's all thanks to this Colorado protocol which I totally believe in!! It's clearly just done the trick for us after multiple implantation failures. We never had a problem producing eggs and good embryos but they would never implant. And that's what the Colorado is precisely designed to do, to help with implantation, improve the lining and assist those with multiple implantation failures. As soon as I get a chance in the next day or two I will post the details of the protocol I did. Please bear with me, I am suffering terrible late hyperstimulation as a result of the pregnancy, so bloated, sore, nausea, vomiting etc I may still end up in ED. It's all getting worse as the preg hormone levels will rise in my body, abit scary at the moment as don't know how bad it will really get. But despite the current discomfort and pain, I am sooo over the moon! I think I was honestly in a daze for the rest of the day after getting my beta! I just wanted to say good luck to all, don't give up, it can happen even after so long, find a FS that will try something different for you and do find someone who will let you do the Colorado. Will post more info soon.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

OK here goes the Colorado Protocol that we did:

Stage 1:
    Commenced Puregon injections.

Have an intralipid treatment given intravenously.

Stage 2:
    Husband commences Doryx 100mg twice a day for 7 days when you commence Puregon.

Stage 3:
    Commence Augmentin 500mg orally twice per day on the day after trigger injection and take for 5 days.

Stage 4:
    The day after egg pick up commence progesterone pessaries and Estradot patches100mcgm one applied to buttock and change every 3 days.
    Commence Parlodel, 3 tablets inserted vaginally each night after egg pick up.
    Commence Clexane injection daily after egg pick up.
    Commence aspirin daily after egg pick up.

Have intercourse the night before transfer.

If positive pregnancy test, another intralipid treatment within one week of positive pregnancy test. All treatments continue for 13 weeks if pregnancy viable. Aspirin continues to 34th week of pregnancy.

Good luck!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you Mary. What is intralipid? And what us doryx?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will try to write my Colorado Protocol as well

Day 1 - baby asprin (althou I had been taking if for months before hand anyway)
    anti natal vitamins - DHA Biocell and Natal Complete bought from my
    Acupunture lady and one in the morning and one at night, EVERY day

Day 2 - thru to trigger shot Day 12- baby asprin and gonal f 300

day 5 - start antagonist, combined with Gonal f

day 7 - stop baby asprin

day 12- EPU - 20 eggs, 16 mature and 16 fertilised overnight
    start Amoxycillin 500 mg (Augmentin- antibiotic )
    also start Progynova 2mg - 3 little tablets a day

day 15 re-commence baby asprin

day 16 - stop Amoxycillin
    also stop Prednisolone 25mg at night and may i say THANK god i typed
    this up because i forgot to STOP taking this !!
    also HCG injection (the little glass vial just smashed in my hands :-( so I
    injected a very concentrated strain of this !

day 18 - transfer of 2 lovely looking Blasties (hang in there embies!)
    another HCG injection

so at the moment I am day 19 and still taking 2 Prog pessary daily, 1 baby asprin and 3 x a day Progynova until blood test

oh and lots of Acupunture to help my embies settle in
    Last edited by baby please; 29-03-2012 at 17:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole83: Doryx is just an antibiotic, it's to ensure the sperm will be as healthy as possible and kill off any bugs in hubby's system before the sperm donation Intralipid is given intravenously, takes about 2 1/2 hrs through an IV drip in the doctors rooms. Its for women who have been found to have natural killer cells that might kill the embryos and have has several implantation failures. You need a biopsy first to check if you have natural killer cells. My FS did the biopsy, like a pap smear but a hell of alot more painful.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mary I will speak to FS about the doryx when we meet. Not sure if tr other stuff applies to me because I mostly have trouble producing mature eggs than anything else so far. Also dh has mfi so the doryx might help with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz - congratulations on your BFP, how thrilling for you after all this time, you must be on

I am a firm believer in trying anything you can, do not stick with a FS that isn't willing to try anything different, no point in flogging a dead horse. I finally fell pregnant on my 12th and final cycle doing a cycle based on the colorado protocol, I used heaps of drugs (4 injections daily) and a combination of other meds, however I did this on a down reg cycle using the pill. If I had stuck to the same protocol over and over I would not have been successful, sometimes it does take awhile to find what works for you but I've always maintained that persistance and being proactive in your treatment is a major part of doing ivf and if you find your FS balking at anything you ask about when you know it has had results, be persistant as you are the one paying the big bucks for the best treatment you can find.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole83: I also have a problem producing mature eggs on my own as I have PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome. The only advantage to this is that they are able to get lots of eggs out of me in an IVF cycle because I produce so many but I need the drugs to get them mature. I don't ovulate on my own at all.

Kismet: It really seems that the Colorado protocol does the trick for so many women who have previously suffered repeat implantation failures. I am exactly the same as you. Finally fell pregnant doing the Colorado with tonnes of meds. It was my fourth fresh cycle and also down regulated with the pill etc We are over the moon. But I'm going for another blood test to check HCG levels tomorrow so I'm worried, so scared, I hope all is ok. How far along into the pregnancy are you? Or have you already had your baby?? Which meds did you stay on during the pregnancy? I'm on Clexane daily, dexamethasone, oestrogen patches, progesterone pessaries, aspirin etc

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary - I also have PCOS. My DD is now 20 months old. I had a low hcg level of 53 at 15dpo and needed repeated bt's for a over a week to monitor it, it's a very stressful time but we made it. (I'd had a previous chem preg where my level was only 22 but it didn't continue). For my last cycle, I stayed on the prednisone, DHEA and clexane, each of them I had to reduce and cease by the end of the 1st trimester. My clinic didn't know I was taking asprin and when I mentioned it to a nurse I was told to stop it but grudgingly did so. My OB wanted me to go back on asprin when I finished the clexane at 14 weeks and I continued on it until week 36. I was on a strong course of progesterone support due to having a m/c previously from having low progesterone. The clinic was happy with my prog level when I got my bfp but I chose to stay on the pessaries whilst we were doing the repeat bt's and it started to go down so I was advised to increase it and I was on 2 crinone in the morning, 1 pessarie in the middle of the day and 2 crinone at night (it was fowl!), I stayed on this for quite awhile and weaned down by the end of my 1st trimester, I didn't want to take any chances and my clinic said they were happy for me to stay on it if it was what I wanted, I had to pay for the extra boxes of crinone but I didn't care.
    Good luck with your blood test, hope all is looking great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

A little update from me. All going well so far, I'm 5wks 5 days pregnant tomorrow. My last HCG was 1255 which was perfect. Next bloodwork to check levels is on the 11 April and my scan will be in the 7th week on the 16 April. We're praying to hear that previous little heartbeat (or two) at the scan. Counting down 11 days till my scan. It seems to always be a never ending wait for something. I'm still super bloated, find it hard to eat much so eat little bits at a time. I look 4 mths pregnant because of the bloating and was told it will continue for the first trimester due to the hormones. I'm still getting very sore cramps every day but my FS said its normal but it still worries me. The boobs are sore and I get waves of nausea throughout the day but it's not too bad at the moment. Best wishes to all for a happy and safe Easter !

Mary