Closed Thread
Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Bwana, congrats on going into the second trimester tomorrow, that's awesome! You are doing great. And your hubby sounds exactly like mine. He also keeps telling me that its all out of my control and whatever happens happens and we can't change it. I know he's right but still doesn't stop my worry. The closer I get to 13 wks when I miscarried last time I'm petrified. The only good thing this time is the stitch is going in a few days before I hit 12 wks so fingers crossed!

Tell me, do you already have 4 children?? Woww busy mum you must be!! I have a friend my age with 6 kids and I just don't know how she does it and works part time too. Have you done IVF with all your pregnancies?

Well I've overdone it with cleaning today and now I've just crashed on the couch for abit. Hope you're having a great weekend. Thanks for calming me down abit, I will try and not worry and just take each day as it comes. I'm really looking forward to my Thurs scan though. Hopefully all is ok and it will put my mind at ease for a few more weeks hehehe

Cheers
    mary
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all, sorry been a little busy lately! Went home to the country to tell the family and it was just wonderful. My sister cried so hard and kissed my belly it was just beautiful. Well we are 14 weeks tomorrow and we did a tour of Waverley Private Hospital last night :-) such a fantastic set up! It made me a little scared and nauseous being there though as to be honest with you i have been so focused on becoming pregnant to then making it to 12 weeks that i had forgotten 1/ i have to give birth/c-section and 2 my life is about to change in five and a half months.....Not to mention wonderful change! Wow all a little overwhelming last night whilst there.
    To all the lovely ladies, i have been reading your posts and am super excited for you all. Bwana, Mary and Kel especially happy there is nothing other than good positive news to date.
    Off to the obstetrician tomorrow to see if he also agrees with Dr Nick i have no option but to have a c-section! Dr Nick wont let any of his IVF 40yr olds give birth naturally :-(.
    Take care all.xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Hope everyone is still going on amazingly. Time is really starting to fly by.

Kath, I am so pleased that you are in your second trimester. Such a exciting time. Most people say that this is the best trimester of all. At a safer stage, but not to big. Anytime you want to ask anything, I am hear. We are all hear to help each other.
    Rae, OMG 14 weeks, that is wonderful. I am so pleased that your fammily are happy. So lovely that your sister kissed your belly. It would have been great checking out the hosipital. A little stress about the birth is normal. Don't stress about the c-section, I had one with my twins. It was amazing. If there is anything you need to know, I am happy to fill you in. I was so happy that I have asked to have another one. I will be turning 40 on the 24th of christmas. So if all going well I will be having bub sometime in that week after christmas.

Mary, 10 weeks on Wednesday. You are really doing a amazing job. Can't wait to hear how your scan goes on Thursday. It feels like yesterday that you told us that you were pregnant. Don't be to hard on yourself about stressing out. With what you have been through, I can understand. The good news is that you are going to get the stitch just before 12 weeks. Then resting at home. This is all to look after you and bub. Will be well worth it in the end.

I am 31+1. I think I am going ok . I had the pre diabetes test last week. I came back high, so I had to have the full test on Monday. I am not doing to stress about it. If I have to deal with it I will.
    Since my Uncles funeral, I have been spending more time with my twin sister. My little girl Abbey missed her terriblely. She told me yesterday that she is going to do another cycle of IVF. I am so pleased. She is also going to do the colorado protocol. She asked me to ring the nurse and book in for December, but she has left it to late. She will have to wait till Feb. In bendigo ivf is only offered every second month.
    I love having you girls to talk to. Having others in your life going through the same thing makes you feel much less alone. Ivf can be a very lonely time.
    Take care and talk soon Kel. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,Mary, yes, four kiddies, but they are older. almost 21, 18, 16 and a 10 year old. She will be 11 by the time the baby is born. I started very young, and no, I didn't have to do ivf for the first four. Apparently that 10 years between 28 and 38 make a big difference with fertility!!!I am glad things are going well for you, keep up the good work!Rae, wow what a lovely reaction from your family. You must have been so happy. Don't feel scared, being a parent is such a beautiful, natural part of life. One day you will look back and wonder what you were so worried about.Kel, you are doing great!!!!! Almost 32 weeks now, not long, you must be getting so excited!! It must be nice spending time with your twin sister. Does she help you out much? Or is she busy with her own family?Well, my belly is getting bigger and bigger. Our busy season started this week, so no more nanna naps for me, unless I get to the point where I can't cope without one. Sigh!! My bleeding seems to have stopped for now, only a bit of brown loss occasionally, which doesn't scare me anymore. I hope I have seen the backend of the fresh, red blood!Take care girlsKath

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kath, I'm glad to hear your bleeding has settled down. Take things easy and hope you can still fit in some naps And I agree with you, 38 is very different to 28. I'm 38 and the body doesn't feel the same as it was at 28 hehe

Rae, that's so beautiful that your family are all excited for you. Our family is too! It's great to have the family support. 14 weeks is fantastic. You're doing so great!

kel, how are you feeling? You are right, the worry stress never ends but somehow we need to learn to manage it.

AFM, we had our 10 wk scan this morning and everything is perfect. We were really excited. Our little bean was bouncing around, soooo cute. Heartbeat was 170 which was great! I'm so glad I can relax alittle now knowing things are perfect!!

Mary
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Colorado protocol

Awesome news Mary!!!
    Another milestone reached, yay!!!
    It's such a good feeling isnt it?
    I had my booking on appointment with the hospital this morning.
    Heard bubs heart racing away, everything is going well so far.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bwana, thats fantastic news! I'm so glad as well that everything is going well for you. It is such a relief after you have a scan hey! I wish I was allowed to have one every week! Have you told family and friends yet about the preg? Are you showing yet?

Strangely my nausea has picked up in the last few days and yesterday I felt horrible. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    I am so pleased that your scan went well on Friday. I was thinking of you with everything crossed. Must have been so exciting seeing bub bouncing around. Its great to hear the heart beat to.
    Sorry that you had a bad day yesterday with nausea. I had none with the twins and I was so sick this time up to 15 weeks. I have been told, (have no idea if it is true or not.) That you don't get morning sickness it your baby has the same blood type as you. My husband works with a ladie that had morning sickness for the whole 9 months. That would be terrible.
    I am doing fine I think. Starting to get some swelling in my hands and feet. Will be 32 weeks on Monday. My husband told me he only has 25 more days left at work. Getting close now.
    So pleased you are doing well. Take care and look after yourself. Kel x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Hope you are all still doing really well.
    Kath, Glad you are doing so well. It will be great having the older kids to help you out with bub. Its crazy how the bodie works. How 10 years changes everything. I am just so pleased that ivf is out there.
    I have had a hard relationship with my twins sister. Since our mum died I have tried to be there for her. She is trying to have a baby. She has done 2 full ivf cycles and 1 cancelled cycle. When I got pregnant she has very upset and was treating me terrible. We have only been in contact again in the last couple of weeks. She is doing another ivf cycle in Feb.
    I went to my Doctor today. I am 32+1 today. I put on 1 kg in a fortnight. Hope that is ok. I don't have GD. Which I am so happy about. Just taking one day at a time.
    Talk soon and take care Kel. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel, sorry I haven't been around in the past week, been so busy trying to finish up things at work. One more day tomorrow and then I'm off on 5 weeks sick leave. Not sure if or when the dr will let me return to work. I'm getting the cervical stitch done on Tues next week then stuck on strict bedrest at home. I'm real glad to hear you're doing well, not long to go for you now! Hang in there!! Don't worry about the weight gain prob normal at your stage now. It's real tough the situation with your twin sister, I hope she has success soon too but she also needs to realize its not anyone's fault. Gosh I know full well the feeling of seeing everyone around me having babies for the past 10 years and not being able to conceive. But somehow I kept strong and never let it consume me. Maybe she needs to speak to a counsellor if she's struggling to cope emotionally but she shouldn't be taking it out on anyone especially you. I'm sure you wish her the best!

Well can't believe I'm already 11 weeks today. It's really flown with this pregnancy and I can't explain why. I'm not complaining though hehe I'm just real scared as I get close to the 13/ 14 weeks when I lost bub last time. And on a daily basis I'm petrified of my waters breaking suddenly again. Mum says I must just forget about it. I'm just glad at least ill have the stitch on Tues and hopefully it's additional precaution. My next scan is 13 weeks for the nuchal testing.

Well that's about all my news. My boss is very supportive and even said I can work from home when I'm ready. But that's not possible on strict bedrest but we see what happens in a months time. But I'm definately off my feet till the 16 week scan after which time he said he will reassess.

Keep well.
    Mary xx