Closed Thread
Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Bwana and Kel,

Hope you ladies had a lovely weekend! I am doing good, waaaayyyy more relaxed now that I know my hcg levels are rising nicely. I succumbed to yet another digital home preg test this afternoon and was even more excited when the level said 3+ which suggests hcg levels over 2000 now. Now I really dont need to test again as thats the highest level it will show. The crazy things we do I know.

I'll be ringing the dr tomorrow to find out how I can increase my progesterone levels just to be on the safe side. I mean 20 may be ok too but I'd prefer to be cautious. Will see what he says. Ive had really sore breasts in the last few days and terrible daily headaches. I dont know if its from the pregnancy or caused by all the meds I am taking?? The headache has only slightly eased off this evening.

Next blood test for me is Friday again at the clinic and then my first scan to check for the heartbeat is on the 18 Oct. Only 10 days away and counting down. I'll be exactly 7 weeks on the scan day!! Then I see the dr on the 22 Oct to discuss what he's going to do to me at 12 weeks with the cervical stitch, pretty worried about it.

Hope everyone is well and have a great week.

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,
    I'm back from the country and i got away with anyone seeing my belly. I was so sick but i told them i had an upset stomach. Mary, well done and i hope your levels become higher asap. I don't know what mine were, Matt just said they were perfect? Wow i thought the meds stopped at 13 weeks :-(. Had enough of these steroids that's for sure.
    Mary yes how funny, i am the Bali girl that sat in your seat so i hope all that luck stays with you. I don't think i stopped talking on my last intralipid girls gathering!!!Nurse was Deanne from memory (so lovely). Mary i was told Dr Nick is on holidays is this right as i have an app with him on Monday 15th.
    Kel, how lucky are you, a sleep in... 27 weeks, would you say it has gone quick after the 12 week mark?. What sort of car are you buying, we are looking at the moment as well.
    Girls, hope you have a fantastic week.

Rae xoxox
    Last edited by Just1; 08-10-2012 at 06:06. Reason: miss spelt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rae,

I am so pleased that you were able to get away to the country. Sometimes you just need time away. Sorry to hear that you are still unwell. Morning sickness is just terrible. Mine stopped 15 weeks to the day. Feeling good now. Just can't over do it.
    We brought a new Mazda CX9 Classic. Wanted to get a 7 seater as we will have 3 kids just after christmas. 3 kids! Still feels so strange saying that. It is such a nice car I don't want to let the kids in it. How terrible am I.
    Once I reached 12 weeks and started telling family and friend. Then time went alot quicker. I think that has alot to do with the worry that people will find out before you reach the safe zone. After that you start to relax, just a little.
    Now I just try to keep myself busy and not think to much about the future or the things that could go wrong. We have no control.
    Now I am starting to get a bit scared about going back to hosipital, if they put me in early, what will I do with my twins. All that kind of stuff. My husband finshes work on the 14 of Dec, but I will be 38 weeks on the 24th. So Hoping I get there.
    Talk soon and take care Kel. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,

So pleased that you are feeling more relaxed. Sounds like your HCG levels are rising nicely. I think you are doing the right thing checking with your doctor about how to increase your progesterone levels. Its much better to be safe than sorry.
    I am going to my doctor every three weeks now. Due to go next week. At 28+1.
    I am feeling fine. If I over do it. I get terrible pelvic pain. I also get up 3 times a night to go to the toliet. They are so easy to put up with. I am just so pleased to be pregnant again. Trying to enjoy everything as I will not be going back again. Will be over the moon if I have 3 healthy kids.
    Please keep us posted. I really love the suport of such lovely girls.
    Take care and talk soon Kel. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bwana,

Just wanting to touch base and see how you are going? Hopng that you are traveling well. You must be about 9 to 10 weeks? Hoping that you are feeling well.
    Time will sart to go much quicker soon. Thinking of you.

Talk soon and take care Kel xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kell, thanks for asking, I am 9 weeks today. Still so so nervous, and over-analysing every little twinge or pain.

Wow, I cant believe you are 27 wks this week!!! Almost on the downhill run! l

I agree, it is lovely to have other ladies to share the ups and downs with, and have some support. I feel like a fraud, I only jumped on here initially to wish Mary congrats on falling pregnant earlier this year, and then Rae, I didn't even do the Colorado Protocol. I don't even know if there is a special name for the treatment they had me on. Just happy it worked.

Have a good day everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bwana,

Congrats go getting to 9 weeks. Don't stress about over analysing everything. Ivf makes us all do that. In one way or another.
    Don't feel like a fraud. The colorado protocol is the same as any other ivf cycle. Just more drugs. That can differ from each person to the next.
    We are all the same when it comes to ivf. Women struggling to get pregnant.
    It's just nice having the support of others going through the same thing you are. I have some amazing friends, but they don't understand like we do.

Talk soon and take care Kel. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bwana and Kel,

So happy to hear you girls are doing well. IVF is so stressful but its nice that we have a group of all of us pregnant and supporting each other.

Its real early days for me still, will be 6 wks on Thursday. I'm just taking each day as it comes and trying to stay positive. But I know I will be so scared as it starts to get closer to the end of the first trimester. Spoke to the dr today about my lowish progesterone and I'm going in for yet another blood test early tomorrow morning. Depends on the level he may or may not add progesterone injections to my massive drugs list already. I'll know tomorrow afternoon. Now I'll be stressing about hcg and progesterone levels all day tomorrow again and then Friday too arrghhhhhhh.....it never ends!!! But at least he's checking it sooner to be on the safe side.

Take care ladies, speak soon.

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, well I got some more blood results today which are all fantastic! My HCG is up to 5270 now and progesterone has also increased to 36. The dr is very pleased. But as a precaution he has added progesterone injections daily. I went to get them at the chemist and gosh the cost is $152 for 5 injections. I have to do one daily. Not cheap. Anyway the main thing is all is well with the pregnancy so far. I'm really looking forward to the scan now on Thurs next week 18 Oct. Hope to hear/see the heartbeat. We're feeling alot more calm now that the HCG levels are doing well. One more blood test this Friday and hopefully the last for alittle while. Although I guess they might want to keep monitoring my progesterone levels. Hope you all ladies are doing well.

Mary
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary,
    I am so happy to hear that your results were fantastic. That is just wonderful. Your progesterone has increased so much. Excellent!!
    I found that when I had to by ivf meds, the cheapest place to buy them was chemist warehouse. So much cheaper. With ivf you always seem to have your hand in your pocket.
    I am not sure what is wrong with me at the moment. I was ironing my husbands work shirts and the iron was dripping water. I got angry and just through the iron. I broke it. Now I have to go shopping tomorrow and buy a new iron. I feel a little stressed now. That is not like me. I just don't throw things. Lucky I was the only one still up. Everyone else had gone to bed.
    Again Mary I am so happy for you.
    Take care and talk soon Kel. xxxx