Closed Thread
Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

So sorry l have not been on this forum for a while. l am now 22 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Having a few issues with my family as they are wishing it was my sister who was pregnant and not me. So thats hard to except.

Just1, I am so pleased for your wonderful news. How exciting. Enjoy every moment.

Hi Mary, I am so pleased that you are only weeks away from your frozen transfer. I will have everything crossed for you. I still think of you often and hope that you are doing well.

Kel x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Mary and Kell, i am so glad you are back! I was feeling a little lonely.
    Kell no stress at all, every family has issues one way or another. All you need to worry about right now is this is your time to think about you...If there is one thing IVF has tought me it is to become a little bit selfish when you need to be and don't sweat the small things! It's time it is all about you.
    Mary, well what can i say, i don't think there is a day that goes by that i don't think of you. Funny i don't even know you and it kind of feels like i do... I wish you all the luck in the world and we know you are in the best hands! Stay strong.
    Ok So now about me... Well i feel great, however am so scared and cannot stop going to the toilet to check if i am bleeding all the time. I don't want to be negative at all as this very important stage, but it is so hard when i still feel period pain :-(. I have me next blood test this Thursday, then the following Thursday for the last blood test. My 7 wk Ultrasound is organised for the 21st so maybe the heart beat will make us feel better. I am not telling family/most friends till after 12wks. My better half is showing no emotion at all because he doesn't want to be too excited for me and himself in case something goes wrong. I can understand but it is also a little hard to take as i want us to be happy and feel this is real. Anyway i am going good and looking forward to the next few tests.

Take care ladies,

Rae

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Rae,

Thank-you for your kind words. It is super hard without family support. I understand that I am super lucky to have beauitful 3 year old twins. Plus being pregnant again. What my family don't understand is we have had a hard road. It took me 7 full ivf cycles and 5 frozens to get my beauitful twins. Then this time I did 1 frozen and 2 full cycles and then 1 full cycle usung the colorado protocol.
    Enough venting from me.
    Try not to stress about the period like pain. I had it really bad when I was pregnant with my twins. I was so worried that there was a mix up and I was not pregnant. This time around I got terrible period like pain in the tww. Still get it alittle. I am sure it will improve. I think that once your partner sees his bub on the utrasound, he will be over the moon. Sometimes it takes alittle longer for them to get excitied.
    Look after yourself. Talk soon Kel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Colorado protocol

Rae,

Thank you so much. I've been thinking about you too while I've been taking a break from the forums and it's just so thrilling to hear your fantastic news. Let me tell you my hubby was the same until we got to our 12w ultrasound and then he got real excited....although short lived! As hard as it is you gotta stay positive, there's far greater chance you'll be perfectly fine rather than not. I was very unlucky! But trust me, I know how you feel as I was also running to the toilet checking for bleeding all the time. The period like pain is very normal, I had it bad, cramps which started during the 2ww and continued for a number of weeks after. It's to do with the implantation so don't worry ) If I get those same cramps during my next 2ww I tell you I'll be sure I'm preg. Good luck with the blood tests, will be looking forward to hearing how you go. I have everything crossed for you! And regarding me, well I have every confidence in our dr and I'm hopeful of success again soon. I'm on the progynova now to build up the lining for transfer in 2 weeks, I'm excited. If the frozen transfer fails we are going straight into a full stim cycle 5 weeks later so early Nov. It won't be any long wait again so thank goodness for that. These 3 1/2 long months I've had to wait out to recover from the miscarriage has been horrible! But because I lost the baby so late at 13 1/2 weeks he said my uterus needs time to recover and begged me to trust him. So here we are! Take it easy, I'm thinking of you!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews

Kel,

You're doing fantastic, 22w already and I'm sure it will fly for you So sorry to hear you're not getting the family support, it's not fair. But hey just look after and worry about yourself and your family. You know the tough road you've been through and you deserve to enjoy every minute of your pregnancy now I'm getting close to my frozen transfer now, both excited and scared but I gotta keep battling while I still got time taking all the meds again is yuck but gotta be done. I hope to share good news soon You take care!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews

Rae:

Just wondering whether you've ever had a Pregnyl pre transfer injection into the uterus before a transfer with Dr Nick?? He's wanting me to have this injection 30 mins prior to transfer. Matthew told me about it but I don't really know much about Pregnyl and what it's supposed to do?? And next week I'm going in for the intralipid infusion arrgghh

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary,

Yes i had it, It is a pregnancy hormone and well worth the extra money being $150.00. Ahhh the intralipid, well it's good now as the are thinning it so there is no more pain :-). Sorry am at work so must go. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Rae

Thanks
    Reviews

Rae,

I think Pregnyl can give a fake positive on a home preg test, is that right?? Did you do a home preg test and how long after transfer did you wait if you had the Pregnyl? I'm having a blastie transferred so typically the blood test would be 10 days after transfer. Just wondering if I have to wait longer for results if I have Pregnyl? I will have it regardless as the dr is recommending it.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning Mary,

Ok so i had the inj last time and this time! I was very strong and didn't do home pregnancy test this time. However last time i did one 2 days prior to blood test and it was positive, the next day negative. My friend whom went through IVF did one the morning of her blood test and it was negative. She has had her baby, so i say if you can avoid it you are better off. Be strong and remember positive thoughts are much better. The whole blood test results is a killer i know and i figure if you are not bleeding by this day you stand a very big chance of a positive.

Rae

Thanks
    Reviews

Rae,

Thanks so much. I'll try avoid the home preg tests, easier said than done though I'm getting more and more anxious as transfer is looming closer, expected to be on the 18th Sept and Dr Nick will be doing it together with the pregnyl injection prior. Thats provided my lining on the scan on the 11 Sept is fine which i expect it should be as havent had issues prior with lining. Fingers crossed!

Mary