Closed Thread
Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Just1, Hope you don't mind me adding to your post. I also never seem to get my embryo's to be frozen either. So I always had two put in. Most Doctors don't really like to do it anymore. But it is your body.I always looked at it like let nature decide if they will work or not.
    Good luck Kel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz yeah I have had so many tests done so has my husband I just think its something to do with my arthritis that I have and my over active immune system I changed my gp and he sent me to a private gyno/ob when I had my last m/s she couldnt believe my ivf doctor didnt do any testing he wouldnt cause he said his job is just to try to get you pregnant not find out why we have lost so many just do a lot of research so when you see your doctor you know what they are talking about and do some tests like vit d folic acid thyriod function progesterone levels things like that what medication are you on now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, just had to respond re the GCSF as I had just read this in another US yahoo forum. A lady described it to the tea so had to post it here as well. You may know it as neupogen. Not sure alot of drs use it here in Australia but they use it overseas.

Neupogen (G-CSF) like any cytokine has numerous target cells and effects in the body. It is used in chemotherapy patients and neutropenic patients to raise their white blood cell counts, but for our purposes we can think of that increase in cell numbers as basically a side effect. It's not possible at this point to say for sure exactly which of its effects are critical for preventing miscarriage, but it has several functions that could all play a role and it may be a combinatorial effect. 1) it has "tolerizing" effects antigen-presenting cells (APCs) (i.e., dendritic cells, macrophages) and T cells to prevent the activation of cytotoxic T cells and promote the formation of regulatory T cells (Tregs). APCs can be thought of basically as "sentinals" that monitor what's going on in the tissues and then direct the adaptive immune response. How the APCs direct the adaptive immune response depends in part on what signals they are receiving from the local cytokine environment. 2) it directly inhibits the function of NK cells; 3) there are receptors for G-CSF directly on trophoblast cells of the embryo and G-CSF likely promotes their proliferation. This in turn results in increased production of HCG by the embryo. HCG and G-CSF have many overlapping functions in regulating cell functions at the maternal-fetal interface; 4) it promotes angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels) and may have effects on decidual cells resulting in a "receptive" uterine lining. 5) G-CSF also promotes intestinal barrier function which may reduce inflammation originating from the gut in conditions such as celiac, IBD (Crohn's and ulcerative colitis), etc. So, basically it has a lot of effects that could be seen as positive for promoting a pregnancy and preventing miscarriage. It's not clear which of these effects is critical or if it is a combination of these.

In lay terms I think, this means that if you have immune issues (i have elevated CD57 in the uterus), this drug focuses on the follicle and developing egg itself as the immune system seems to play a significant role in both and understanding these immune interactions helps us to assist many with these problems and to finally concieve and hold their pregnancies!

It doesnt come cheap, $2000 for 10 vials, and if you get a BFP you need to use during pregnancy. Dr Matthias in Sydney uses it, havent had success yet, but im hoping he can tackle my immune issues and get me over the line.

Mary i hope you are holding up, have you received the pathology reports yet?

Goodluck to all xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zoe1974 For This Useful Post:

Greta76  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kel, thanks so much for your post. I really needed to hear someone tell me that I'm not too old. I'm turning 38 in a few months and there is a constant fear I am running out of time but you've given me hope and made me feel so much better 😄 As hard as it is I am gonna stay positive and keep trying. Yes I still have my really bad moments where I do crawl into bed crying but I guess it's only normal. Trying to do things that will cheer me up and make me happy but still stuck in a state of sadness. Poor hubby, I feel I'm constantly upsetting him too when I burst into tears. The positive is I am looking forward to doing the FET and maybe I'll only truly feel better once we get going again. Love chatting to you and all the other lovely ladies here as it makes it so much more tolerable.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zoe1974: Thank you for the info, will speak to my FS about it. Still another 4 weeks till I get the pathology results. God I hate the waiting!!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 years trying: I'm currently taking vitamin D, folic acid and metformin which is as a result of my polycystic ovaries. I'll be speaking to my FS about other tests to check why the miscarriage happened and see what he says. But I had tonnes of blood tests when I was week 10 preg and all was perfect.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    BubsMcg: Thank you and I am so sorry for your loss, that is just devastating. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through, truly heartbreaking. We'll be doing an FET first in Aug and I guess if no luck there then a stim cycle after. Last time we got 19 eggs but I have had stim cycles where I only got 8 or 10. It certainly does vary. Well at least my ovaries will get a good break as the earliest I would stim again is Sept. We'll try our one remaining frozen blastocyst first.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rae: I'm having my bad days and my good days. How I hate feeling so unhappy, sad and depressed but guess it will take time. You focus on being positive and only thoughts of success for your upcoming cycle ok. You can do it! Thank you for the injection name, will ask Dr Nick. And make sure you take time to really rest and take it easy after transfer. Have a lovely weekend and don't forget positive thoughts only!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kel, I hate the fact that we get so many eggs and then we end up with three or four yet not one to the freezer Grrr. So they just get rid of them :-( If i have any remotely close enough to a blasto this time i am going to tell them just put it in and what will be will be. I agree with you about Mary! What an amazing person, after all she has been through and her she is telling everyone else to be positive and hang in there. You know i never expected this to be so damn hard and all my friends say i am such a happy funny infectious person! If only half of these people knew what i have been doing the last two years i think they would fall over. I believe we all would make the best parents ever given how hard it is to become one. I work for a radiology firm and i see so many pregnant women. Be it young and old carrying their little baby pics from their Ultrasounds every day and i think to my self, see it's not that hard. BUT IT REALLY IS FOR SOME...
    Kel, you look after yourself,
    Everyone else stay as stress free and positive as you can.

Rae xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary, Keep you chin up. To be honest i am a really positive person, but i too can go through times and feel i am upsetting my better half! I am sure he probably doesn't know what to say or do sometimes but we are in it together and i am thankful i have him by my side. Especially to give me all my injections!and those special little cuddles when i am feeling a little empty.
    Do you travel far for you treatment or do you live close?
    Mary i hope you too have a wonderful weekend.

Rae