Closed Thread
Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Piggle I was put on 10mg Pred from day 3 when injections start and day of egg pick up I get increased to 20 Pred with 40 clexane each day plus baby aspirin throughout. If preggo I stay on the 20 pred until 16 weeks but if I get BFN I go back to and stay on 10 Pred and go up again day of next pick up and so on. With the clexane if preggo I stay on it throughout pregnancy but if BFN I stop and start again after next egg pick up. Everyone's FS prescribes something different it seems depending on individual cases. I so wish you a successful upcoming BFP

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BubsMcG For This Useful Post:

piggle  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rae: Thanks for info re the vitamins. I will think about it. Problem is I don't have time to waste and don't want to wait 3 months before another cycle. I'm nearly 38 and 2 months wait after a miscarriage is bad enough, will drive me crazy. I'm so scared I am running out of time with fertility etc I will speak to him about egg quality, we got 19 eggs last time and 3 made it to blastocyst. I have one frozen blastocyst we will try in August. Otherwise it's back to a fresh cycle in Sept. I was also looked after by nurse Matthew, he's lovely. Yeah let me know the name of the injection and I will raise it with Nick. When do you start your fresh cycle?? Are you trying to conceive no.1? Are you considering moving to another FS if it doesn't work next time?? I really wish you the very best of luck, I hope it's the cycle for you I generally try to go home after transfer and take it easy on the couch and take a few days off work after. Most will tell you it makes absolutely no difference and many go straight to work same day after transfer. I just feel better taking it easy, then I know I've done my best. You have to do what makes you comfortable. Do you work? I'm leaning towards telling my boss about my IVF as its so hard taking so many sickies without good reason. She's a lovely boss. I can't decide whether it's best to tell or not.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary, i totally understand where you are coming from re the time frame. This time for me i need to be patient as every other time i have wanted to just jump back into it. This will be my very last time with any Dr. I told my boss and she has been amazing! i got enough eggs but Dr thinks maybe it is the quality as i have only had 1 positive pregnancy in 6 and i lost it the same
    day i got the results. After the last time having done the colorado Dr Nick said he can only suggest it is quality as i have no problem getting enough eggs! I don't work for at least two days.

Rae

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary,by the way i think there is nothing wrong with your quality. I feel you were unlucky and will get your baby. look how far you got this time! That is a really good sign for you. Stay positive. So i got my period today. 28 days from now i start pill and sniffing, egg collection
    transfer will be August. We will be around the same time :-). Thinking maybe transfering 2 this time.
    Rae

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rae: Thanks for the encouragement 😄We did come so far this time, I just hope it happens again soon. Have you been able to get any embryos till blastocyst?? If not, I guess it is a sign of quality issues. I'm alittle concerned about quality cause our fertilization rate was abit low, 6 fertilized out of 19 eggs and then 3 blastocysts. But the embryologist did say 3 blastocysts from any fresh cycle is a great result so i don't really know. When I was at Melb IVF they only did 2 day transfers and we had no success. Would you consider an egg donor? My hubby is pretty positive and so much more relaxed about it working out eventually, I wish I had his personality. We might be on the 2ww together in August as that looks like when I'll have the frozen blastocyst transfer😄

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Maryz, i'm so sorry to read about your outcome... just devestating. i did read through your protocol, but i couldn't see if you were taking pred, or not, obviously you were taking the dex the whole way through? Do you mind me asking what dose. I have been perscribed 10mg pred starting day 1 and increasing to 20 mg after epu, but i'm just concerned if it has any long term effects on bubs, if i'm lucky enough for it to be a bfp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Piggle, it has been a very sad outcome for me but praying for better luck next time. I was on Dexamethasone the whole time and was meant to stay on it till 16 weeks pregnsncy. The dose was 1mg per day. Its sold in 0.5mg tiny tablets so I was taking 2 tablets every morning with food. It's important to take it in the morning and not at night because it can cause difficulties sleeping. I believe Dexamethasone is about 6 or so times the strength of Prednisolone so don't get confused with the dosages. Just go with the advice of your FS. I'm not sure why I was on Dexamethasone and not Prednisolone, I might ask next time I see my FS. I would hope it doesn't cause any damage to bubs if they tell us to stay on it till 16wks. Good luck

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary, that is a great outcome having three blasocysts. most cycles don't even get frozen. Did you see the latest on how frozen they say is becoming more popular with better success! Please stay positive. We hae gotten blasocyst before but last time was only tage before. When we got blasocyst we didn't know we had killer cells. All i can hope and pray for is a great blasto this time with the Colorado!
    If you want to have a coffee and chat i am just a message away. Look after yourself and focuss on positive thoughts.

Rae

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary, sorry i really need to read my post before sending...the last one was shocking. I keep forgetting to ask you why Dr Nick put you on so many pessaries (think thats what you call them as im not at home) i only inserted one in the morning and one at night. I would like to be on more if possible.

Rae

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rae so much for your support. I am trying to stay positive. Family and hubby being very supportive too even though everyone is very sad about the loss. I just wish the bleeding would stop already, 8 days since the D&C and still going although lighter. Coffee and chat might be great one day, thanks 😄 maybe once I am in a better mood 😄 Ok now the pessaries. I started off with 1 in the morning and 1 at night and then I kinda complained to nurse Matthew that at Melb IVF I always took 2 in morning and 2 at night. So he said to do that if I felt more comfortable as it can't do harm. Then about a week after transfer I got some bleeding which of course ended up being implantation bleeding/spotting and I called Matthew again and he said increase it to 3 in morning and 3 at night. We were worried it might be my period coming rather than an implantation bleed. Then I just stayed on that dose right through till when I lost bub. Nick wanted me to decrease it but I was scared so he said fine do what makes me comfortable. But he did say he was going to make me stop the pessaries altogether from week 20 but of course I never got that far. You keep positive too and have faith that your lucky cycle is coming up 😄

Mary