Closed Thread
Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Colorado protocol

Has anyone got experience with doing the Colorado protocol?? It's very common in the US but not so commonly done in Australia. It's alot more aggressive. Just wondering of anyone has had any success with the Colorado and their thoughts on it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maryz For This Useful Post:

Lil M  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maryz

I asked my FS about the protocol but she said there is no proof that each medication of the protocol works individually so therefore the combination of medications wouldn't work either. I'm not sure, I would like to try it but FS says no.

I am on clexane and we DTD the day before transfer which are both part of the protocol. I am 4dp5dt so fingers crossed it has worked for us.

Let me know how you get on

Poppy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know alot about it yet but it is our next option the fs wants us to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just started my third ivf cycle and am doing the Colorado Protocol

Its my last cycle before I give up, so fingers crossed

Not much different in the first half of jabbing, and a few more medications after epu

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I moved to Monash IVF and doing the colorado protocol. I know many dont believe in it but reckon its worth a shot. There's heaps more medications to take after EPU. I'm also on Clexane, aspirin, antibiotics etc Its very full on. We just had EPU on Sat, 19 eggs, 6 good looking embies at day 2. Today was day 3 but I got no update so assuming all going well. Really stressed as to whether any will make it to day 5 blastocyst. Hoping for 2 blastocysts to transfer this Thursday. Such a horrible wait.

Poppy - sending you sticky vibes!!

Baby please - good luck with your cycle. I hope it's the lucky last for you )

Mary

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maryz For This Useful Post:

baby please  (17-03-2012),PoppyLoppy  (13-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gidday,
    I'm too, just starting my 3rd cycle and am at Monash. My FS has just put me on Colorado too. He explained all of the conflicting evidence around it, but said that there are some really good success stories and highlighted a few of the issues with the 'studies' that have been done regarding this protocol. He said, well it's worth a shot anyway! So, I agree with him and will be doing it this time.

My last cycle was a bit of a doozie to say the least, so here's hoping this does the trick. Oh, we're doing HA (picsi) again this time too, well it's really for the first time cos they forgot to do it last time.

Best of luck ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lannie,

You must be with Dr Lolatgis at Monash? I believe he's the only one that will try the Colorado. We moved to Monash for our 4th cycle. My previous FS was unwilling to try anything different. It's alot of meds with the Colorado but its bearable. Good luck.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maryz,
    I'm with Dr Cullen who is based in Bendigo. He has been fabulous so far and I'm pleased he's at least trying it for us. It was his suggestion, I'd never even heard of it before! All the very best for you too. Hope you are taking good care of yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Lannie. When are you actually starting your cycle? Did he recommend an intralipid infusion? That also seems to be part of the Colorado. I had heard alot about it through reading on the net but my old FS was against trying anything different. I'm so glad I moved to Monash, at least I feel I am giving myself a better chance by trying alternative treatment and I got the most eggs ever this time, 19 eggs which ended up in 3 blastocysts. I had 2 blastos transferred and 1 frozen to try next if this round hasn't worked. So hoping I don't have to do another full stimulation cycle, really takes alot outta ya!!! Take it easy and hope all goes well.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MAryz
    No mention of intralipid infusion. Wow, sounds like you got a great result!!! Fingers crossed for you. We've had 2 cycles so far with no blasties, so hoping that maybe this cycle might go a bit better. I started sniffing on Monday and at the moment EPU is scheduled for about the 18 April. I'll have a bt and scan on Fri 13 April (I seriously hope that isn't an omen there!!!)
    Even though I'm in BEndigo, I may end up heading to Melb for EPU and transfer, depending on what date I go in.
    Well, fingers crossed for you too!! I agree, fresh cycles are so hard. This will be my 3rd fresh cycle since December so getting a bit over it all!!!!!
    Fingers crossed again.