+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Black Feature Wall

about to paint one wall in my 8yo son's room black! i'm a tad nervous, but feel reasonably confident its the right look for that room. its not jet black.....its a faded matt black. i think DH will be shocked when he arrives home when it happens. i would have told him a few times that it was the plan, but when he sees it, he will be stupified, and say 'what possessed you to do that'.

has anyone else got a black wall in their house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We dont have a black feature wall, but a dark charcoal colour. It looks fab! I wanted black but decided the charcoal looked nicer with our carpet. But I have black in mind for another room now. It looks awesome tho Do it you wont regret it !!
    Last edited by PrincessC; 13-03-2012 at 15:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't have one as we're currenlty renting but have seen this look and love it, so very dramtic and chic at the same time!

You'll have to post a pic when you're done, would love to see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would love to do that! Only we're renting as well. One day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our hallway is painted a very dark gray, almost black. I LOVE it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i ever own my own home i want to do this but i want to use chalkboard paint!! So the kids have an entire wall to draw on

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I cant wait to see what it looks like! Make sure you post pics once you've done it! I bet it looks excellent!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i started looking at the chalkboard paint, but was never intending on telling the children it was chalkboard as i definitely didn't want them drawing on the wall. i just liked the matt-ness of it. but i've just b een to a company called Porters Paints and they produced this warm faded black for me. i will take a picture. need a few days for that.

the only thing that made me a little apprehensive was there is a white air con unit on that wall, as well as a big window and the old fashioned ornate air vents. the window frame and air vents will be painted off white. the other three walls with be either full or half strength Raw Cotton (dulux) which is a deep creamy beige. plus the bed and the antique pine coloured chest of draws will be up against the black wall.

what are people's experience with an air con on a dark wall. the painter suggested we paint it black too. but the bloke down at Bauwerk Paints suggested its just not that bad to have a unit on the wall.
    love to hear your thoughts!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    that sounds gorgeous, please post pics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would leave the air con as is. It would stand out, but not in an overly negative way and if you ever change your mind about the wall being dark or sell up etc, it will look odd having a painted air con imo.