Closed Thread
Page 86 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post
    Wow. I think we just got our answer. DH has been diagnosed with a varicocele (malformation of a vein in the teste). They are linked to both sub-fertility (he has crap sperm) and first trimester miscarriage!

The ****ING doctors didn't even LOOK at his b@lls once through this whole thing. I'm so livid I could spit. He only went off to the doc coz I happened to feel it last weekend while we were DTD. If it had been noticed and repaired the first time we went for tests back last year maybe I'd be pregnant or have a baby by now.

Oh wow, that's disgusting.
    I'm feeling exactly what your saying!! Had an appointment with monash ivf and realised how bad melb were & all the things they did not pick up, or test & this lady after 30 mins has organized all these tests and also thinks we might have a chance with clomid rather than ivf, awesome I've just sent thousands and had no luck & to think some of the biggest tests involved a simple god dam blood test!
    It's amazing what a second opinion can do! Why so late? It ****es you off hey?!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh to add to that I may have pcos?! How could melb ivf not have even checked for this?! Rhh

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Oh gee tigger I would be pretty sh*tty too! Hopefully it can be fixed or you can get around it!

I like the idea of a closed group here Del.

Seems like there are some slack drs around Mart! Hope the run some more tests & give you a better answer than "maybe"

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub
    Last edited by Me&Smooches; 20-06-2012 at 19:43.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    tormy

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Genea are supposed to be the freaking best! I guess maybe they are great at IVF but just focused on getting people signed up for it. DH says they're not really trying to solve problems, they're trying to sell IVF, and I have to say I agree with him.

He's going to have it removed (just a simple day surgery) but we are going to go ahead with IVF in the meantime. What kills me is that he will be back to pre-varicocele fertility within six months, so we could have been pregnant by now if it had been picked up when we first started getting tested!! They never even asked him to unzip his fly, what a freaking joke. I don't blame our original doc who is an OBGYN so can't be expected to know about boy bits but I definitely am dirty with the guy at Genea.

Oh well maybe I'll be able to convince DH to have a second bub down the line once he's sorted

MARTCC that sucks for you too! Just goes to show they are pushing product.

Loveable I think tracking your cycle is a great idea. It's not that much $ in the grand scheme of things is it, to know exactly what's going on.

CDNinOz cramps suck, can you get some Ponstan? I love that stuff. There's another period-specific one I love but can't remember what it's called.

I"m all for a private group, why don't we form one on Facebook?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    OK I've created a closed, invite only social group, those who want an invite let me know and I'll add you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    tigger - did they get ur DH to do any testing originally? My FS really pushed Dh to get his sperm tested - as he said that 40% of fertility problems come from the men - not the women
    Yes - that's my beef! We BOTH had about $2,000 worth of testing including very involved, expensive genetic testing for translocation. Yet they didn't think to have a quick feel of the man's nuts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    OK I've created a closed, invite only social group, those who want an invite let me know and I'll add you
    Is it on here or on Facebook? I am not on Facebook but might join if that's where it is. If its here add me please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes please Del.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll pm you my name?

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST