Closed Thread
Page 80 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Missy, that is truly a beautiful piece of artwork on your leg there. Very sweet and you'll have your angel baby to remember forever. Not that you wouldn't remember your baby forever but at least you have a visual to remind you

Boost, I hear you on the keep swimming! I always ovulate prior to CD13 and today is CD15 and not even an inkling of a sign that I am preparing for ovulation. Hope it happens soon for you.

Tormy, fingers crossed you get to ovulate too and soon!

Lilmuffin, I am sooooo excited you can finally start TTC again! It's so great when things start falling into place and you're able to move on to the next phase. Fingers crossed you get your BFP swiftly!

Stretched - So glad to hear you're doing better. You sound like you're in super high spirits so that's awesome . I hope you o soon too and catch that eggy before DH goes away.

Luey, hope it all works out in your favour and you get the care you need after your D&C.

Tigger, So glad you had fun at the snow! At least with the IVF it's in a more controlled environment and I'm sure you'll get your BFP in no time. Also, out of curiosity if I may ask, how much does IVF cost? Just ballpark figure?

Well seems that most of us are waiting to ovulate so I'm throwing some baby dust at us all in the hopes we all ovulate and soon dammit!

Luey, I hear you on the ballooning weight and watching what you eat! I was feeling totally sorry for myself yesterday and decided to get it out of my system and then no more! I ate half a packet of tim tams and half a packet of mint slice! Eeeekkkkk! That was my dinner and I felt soooo BAD afterwards! Oh well. I'm being good today so I guess that's not so bad. Haha! I made myself sick with all those biscuits yesterday! If DH knew he'd be pi$$ed because I'm always harping on about the weight I've put on in the last year!

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    FTM - our cycle is a full stimulation cycle to collect eggs, then ICSI, then they grow any fertilised eggs to 5 days, take cells for genetic testing and freeze the embryos while testing is happening. Any genetically normal embryos are considered suitable for transfer in the next natural cycle, provided they survive the thawing process. The cycle, up to transfer of the first embryo, costs $12,000 of which we get about $5,500 back.

If cycle #1 doesn't work any subsequent cycles in the same year with any left over bubsicles are around $4,000 and we get about half back.

Of course you're not guaranteed to get useful embryos out of the first cycle in which case the $12K cycle will need to be repeated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post
    FTM - our cycle is a full stimulation cycle to collect eggs, then ICSI, then they grow any fertilised eggs to 5 days, take cells for genetic testing and freeze the embryos while testing is happening. Any genetically normal embryos are considered suitable for transfer in the next natural cycle, provided they survive the thawing process. The cycle, up to transfer of the first embryo, costs $12,000 of which we get about $5,500 back.

If cycle #1 doesn't work any subsequent cycles in the same year with any left over bubsicles are around $4,000 and we get about half back.

Of course you're not guaranteed to get useful embryos out of the first cycle in which case the $12K cycle will need to be repeated.
    Oh wow ... here I was thinking $5k would cover it! Where do you get half back from? Is that private health insurance or medicare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time mummy - what nice words of encouragement. You are a gem, I hope it's too early too. We were overseas and I'm taking o as the day I had ewcm and heavy cramping so not technically sure if I'm correct. I o anywhere between cd 12-14. I suppose I could be 10-12 dpo today going by that.

luey - sorry you have to go through all this. I hope it all goes smoothly for you on Saturday. And that you find someone to babysit your little one. I have been eating heaps of chocolate lately - does that make you feel better?!

missybubble - as others have said that is a beautiful tattoo. What a nice way of honouring and remembering your little bubba. I have thought of doing something in memory (not a tattoo I don't have any) but maybe planting something. I'm not sure. Other times I think it might be too painful. I like what you've written with the artwork.

Boost - is that unusual you didn't ovulate? Does a regular AF still come for you even though you don't ovulate? I'm glad you got an answer from doctors. Must be frustrating. It's frustrating enough for me trying month after month while ovulating and still not being pregnant. I admire your positive attitude. I hope you get an addition to your family soon!

tormy - thanks so much for your encouraging words. I hope it's too early too. I'm not going to test until AF is late. I have 1 test left. And you never know with your DH away, could be perfect timing when he's home!

Stretched - sorry you've had no power - like the majority of WA's! Fortunately our home hasn't lost any the entire time. Glad the bleeding has stopped and keeping yourself busy. My DH is going away soon and it's coming fairly close to when I o so fingers crossed for both of us (without jinxing ourselves!)

tiggerfields - yes I agree it's been ages since someone on here has had a bfp. Where are they?? Lol. So glad to hear you're keeping busy and trying not to think about it all. It's hard to do. My husbands friend was telling us that he believes in the old "stop trying and it will happen". It kinda bothers me though.. My DD's molar teething has been keeping me busy lol. Good luck in July or August. Must feel good setting up the blood tests and getting some help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stretched & Tigger - I'm over the whole 'stress' excuse, I'm not that stressed, so it's very annoying everytime they say it. I am petrified now that because I haven't had it I wont ever get my bfp.

FTM - Am I too late for that pity party? Have been feeling it for the last few days, have been trying to pull myself out of it, but today I just want to give up. I have even resorted to comfort eating the last few days, eating food I stopped months ago which helped me to lose this weight. I sat and watched a movie Sat and ate a whole bag of chips in the first half an hour, not good.

I honestly thought going back on the pill would help with my moods, but I seem to be getting worse, they aren't as all over the place but they are lower than they have been in a long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfields View Post

I hear you!! <3
    I'm onto transfer 3 tomorrow xxx

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM you get the refunds from Medicare plus a bit from your private health fund.

MARTCC we will have the original $64,000 babies...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    hey girls, I'm still stalking this thread, thanks for your kind thoughts, old habits die hard I guess lol I'm due for AF tomorrow with another BFN today so just twiddling my fingers waiting....

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, thanks for your lovely comments. I just popped in to say I'll be leaving this thread, as I'm pretty sure DP and I are breaking up It's ok though, I think it'll be for the best. Don't want to go into details but I think I'll be ok. We haven't been together very long but the cracks have been showing a while. Meanwhile I've tried to pretend it isn't happening. Oh well life goes on I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Hi Lovelies
    Missy- I am so very sorry to hear. We are all here if you ever want to chat

Ahh the joys of not keeping up with the posts! I can't remember anything except the one post that shows up on the same page as me if only I could blame baby brain!!!

DP's back is getting much better so I am hopeful for next month for us. I go back to see the naturopath next week, so will be interesting to know what has improved. Was speaking to my mum tonight and she was a bit negative about me going to the naturopath, basically saying that it is a bit of a waste. Oh well its my hard earned money not hers!

I hope all a travelling well, it would be great for some positive news in here, we are long over due for a BFP!