Closed Thread
Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls, we've started a new thread for those who are pregnant after loss. Would love you to join us when your ready xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to angelbubswithwings For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies

So I've plucked up the courage to join this thread and here I am ..

My story really quickly. Just over two weeks ago I had a d&c for a missed miscarriage. My little bubba was just shy of 12 weeks but had passed away almost 5 weeks prior.

I have come to terms with the fact that it was not my fault and it was nothing I did that caused this. It wasn't my fault, it wasn't DH's fault and it wasn't God's fault. It was nature unfortauntely and we know that nature can be wonderfully kind or frighteningly cruel.

DH & I are extremely keen to TTC again asap and currently trying and we are certain that if we fell pregnant once then we can fall pregnant again. That's half the battle right?

As for my what if it happens again questions ... well what if? What can I possibly do about it? I am not responsible for my miscarriage and I can not ever be responsible for another one if I were to have one again. There is nothing that I did that caused it and there is nothing I can do to prevent one.

I guess I'm just trying to make the best of a crappy situation and it's certainly made me re evaluate my priorites. I desperately wanted a boy and admitted I would be disappointed if I had a girl. After what's happened, I sincerely don't care. Boy or girl I will be stoked either way and I really mean that.

I found my silver lining and I really hope you all can too

to us all and BFP's all around!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Cheffry  (08-06-2012),hopefulmama2b  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome FirstTimeMummy, I am sorry for your loss and I hope your stay here is short so you get your BFP soon.

Thankyou everyone for all your support you truly are a great group of ladies. As a cruel twist of fate I am o today, what a waste it is the first time in months I have o properly and I can't do anything about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi firstime... Sorry to hear your story and losing your baby. Don't feel guilty about wanting a boy. Nothing you've done caused it to happen. Hugs. Hopefully you'll get a BFP soon!!!

Muffin... That's good your o'ing today. It's a sign your body is doing what it should. But very very very annoying and frustrating for you at the same time. You should try doing something fun or nice today to take your mind of it. Though I'm sure that's hard. Hugs hugs hugs.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? I'm convincing DH to go out to a winery tomirrow for lunch. They do music and stuff. Wine and cheese platter. (enjoy it now as I'm hoping I won't be able to soon!). Was thinking of seeing The Vow today. Anyone seen it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please add me to the list. Am not feeling too hopeful but would love to be pregnant this month (well i've prob jinxed myself now)

Testing on the 23rd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Loveable

Tamtam thanks, it was my DD 3rd Birthday yesterday so I was well and truly occupied . My SIL annoiyed me though she asked my DH if we were going to pop another one out soon (like it is that bloody easy), my Dh has taken the news a bit hard that we are having trouble. He was always the optomist, nothing is wrong, everything will be fine. Now he is a bit more realistic and somewhat supportive for the first time ever. He just said we were having trouble and that meant alot because it's not him that has the problem it's me but he said we. I know small things make me feel better but if you knew my Dh you would see that this is a huge thing for me.
    The winery sounds fantastic, i'm sure you will have a great time. It's so nice that you and DH will be spending some quality time together. How long till you can test?

How is everyone else going, I hope to see some BFP's in here soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies - popping in to see how everyone is going - waiting to start trying again is frustrating!

Welcome Loveable and Firsttimemum, sorry for your losses. I hope your stay in this thread is a short one.

LilMuffin - I had PCOS diagnosed in my early 20s, I knew I was ovulating, but very irregular, eg. 6-10 times a year. DD was conceived 1st try straight off the pill (at 32). After I had her the PCOS seemed to have gone away (regular AF, no symptoms) and angelbub was conceived 1st try too. Now PCOS seems to be back since my loss. I would not be too disheartened by the PCOS dx, it does not always cause problems - I'm proof! Thyroid issues are very treatable, and yes, you will be on meds for the rest of your life. I'm assuming you're hypo/hashimotos? Starting a synthetic thyroid will help you to shift some weight too. My mum has hashimotos and I am thinking I should get tested as I have been very tired for a while now despite taking iron (was low about a year ago).
    It will also be another 6 weeks before TTC again too - so we can keep each other company! I'm trying to lose the kilos I've gained from lots of emotional eating post-loss - I'm tracking what I eat using the Calorie King .au website, I highly recommend it - I lost 8 kilos doing this in the lead up to my wedding. I've lost a kilo in 1.5 weeks (with two very off-track days in the too!) on 1500calories a day.

I can't see later posts, but was someone due to test soon? Tigger? I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

AFM: bit sad and should stop lurking on BH as all the ladies in my due date thread are now posting about "how do I get my newborn to sleep" threads. As always, babies everywhere, which has been so hard with due date passing this month, but at least DH got to celebrate our wedding anniversary to help take our minds off it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies and thank you so much for your warm welcome and your condolences
    I'm also sorry for everyone's loss .. it isn't fair is it?

Ok so I was hoping you could all help me ... so you know I had a D&C almost 3 weeks ago. Since then we have DTD three times. I've been dizzy and urinating heaps over 4 days and on Saturday I had nausea, vomiting and dizziness so I decided to do a pregnancy test more out of wishing than anything else. I got a BFP but a really faint line. I then did some googling and didn't even know I could still have residual HCG in my system!! I'm guessing the BFP is due to HCG left over so now I have a few questions. Can you ovulate while you still have HCG in your system? I was reading that you're supposed to have bloods to make sure your HCG is going down but my doctor isn't even monitoring that for me. Should he be? Also, how long can I expect to wait for AF to arrive? We really really really want to start trying again but I don't think anything can happen until I have my first cycle

Any help would be realyl appreciated. I feel like I'm in limbo while I'm still turning up a BFP and having no AF .. this sux big time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stretched sorry that you have to wait 6 weeks too it is so frustrating isnt it? Thankyou for telling your story it gives me alot of information from someone who has been there personally, i have tried to find success stories on the internet from ladies who have had hypothyroidism and PCOS and gone on to have healthy babies but haven't really found much. I am not overly worried about the PCOS because I know I can get pregnant even if I haven't had a successful pregnancy. I just don't know much about the hypo and everything i have read are all negative stories. I should keep away from Google . Let me know how you go at the doc if you get your thyroid checked. I was a bit worried about my levels as everywhere I have read you shgould have a level of 2 max in 1st trimester on pg mine is at 16.3.

FirsttimeMummy I would reccommend going to the doctor and getting a blood test to see whether it is residual Hcg or you are pregnant again. I know a few people who have o straight after D&C and become pregnant before AF's return. From what i have read you can't o until your levels drop below 20 i think (don't hold me to that). I wish you all the best let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies, I have been keeping distant as it has been quite tough for me recently and I didn't want to focus on TTC too much. An EDD just past last month and another EDD is just weeks away and yet I am still not UTD. There have been alot of pregnancies around me IRL which is making things just that little bit harder. Anyways just letting you know that I am still TTC and that I hope you are all doing well and that we all get our sticky baby very very soon