Closed Thread
Page 34 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MARTTC - my AF was a lot shorter post D&C too, I was expecting my 1st one to be very heavy but it wasn't at all.

LilMuffin - Hashimotos runs in my mum's family. She still has some thyroid gland left so her dose needs to keep being checked and varied as sometimes her thyroid works, sometimes it doesn't. Whereas an auntie who has no gland left is just on the highest dose all the time. This would be why your doctor is proceding with caution. You don't want to have too much synthetic thyroid as that comes with its own side effects which can also effect TTC/pregnancy. I expect even on a low dose you will start to see improvements so don't be disheartened, best to get the right dose so your baby can be super-sticky! (the tiredness and depression are both hypothyroid/hashimoto symptoms, so expect them to improve too )

AFM - waiting, waiting, 6 hours til my scan. Will update as soon as I know anything!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Did a FRER this morning on 9 DPO It's still really early, I just have this feeling this isn't the month, despite the symptoms. Well see in the next 3 days I guess. My angel only tested a faint line on 11DPO so there's still time.

and yes muffin, def considering giving up. Time is not on our side I'm going to be 34 if the baby is concieved now and DH is early 40's. I was thinking yesterday this, in many respects, has been a more painful journey than our first and waiting 4 years. I thought about why and I think it's bc I feel a sense of urgency time wise.
    Last edited by delirium; 09-05-2012 at 09:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMuffin View Post
    I have a question, did anyone consider giving up? The thing is I have just started the thyroid tablets and I am on a really low dose so i honestly don't think there will be a drastic change in thyroid function over the next 6 weeks. My thyroid is really badly damaged because my body has created antibodies to attack my thyroid so i would have thought a higher dose would be required. he said he would start off low and gradually increase the ammount, i am not stupid so i know this means after this 6 weeks i will get my TFT done again and it will show no change and so i will have to increase the meds so that's another 6 weeks. On top of that the reccommended dose for someone who has severe hypothyroidism is 200mg daily so I have done the maths and it looks like it will be 4-6 months till I acn try again. I am depressed i know this and it is getting harder and harder to pull myself out of this state when my dream to have another baby is so far away. I feel like giving up at times and i don't know what to do. I have an appt with my FS this Mon about my PCOS but I don't want to waste his time if i can't actively ttc. i'm at a point I don't know what to do, i'm so tired and depressed and i can't see an end to these tests and being told to wait another 6 weeks.
    Not a chance I would ever give up and neither should you!

I also have thyroid antibodies and a goiter along with it and have an appt with a surgeon in a few weeks to see if we just remove it altogether or if we can control it as is. I know it seems like everything is falling on your shoulders and the weight of the world is on them but all I can say is that I know you'll get your baby so don't give up .. ever. There's a reason it's taking this long and as much as you may want to kill me for saying this, one day it will make total sense to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hurry up and tell us how you went Stretched! I'm so anxious to hear your news!

Del it's early so don't give up just yet

Marttc, my first AF after my D&C was HORRID! I had these intense pains which literally felt like shreds of tissue were being torn off my insides. I wanted to die at one point and I'm not just being melodramatic. It was horrid! It was a very heavy bleed which lasted the same as always being 5 days. I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. It'll regulate itself and get back to normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Nah not giving up yet FTM just not feeling pg tbh. But then I've talked myself into not getting my hopes up so who knows lol

I didn't have a D&C with my angel, but my first AF was really bad too. Clotting, lots of pain, which since I had my 2nd and got rid of my endo isn't normal for me. I bled about a week from memory.

Stretched... dammit woman get online and update lol. hope no news is good news

edit: I noticed you wouldn't have had the scan yet *face palm* good luck hun, I'm sending you all the good vibes I can muster
    Last edited by delirium; 09-05-2012 at 14:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry girls, you got to allow for us West Australian's being a bit behind!

Scan found nothing. Nothing in my uterus, nothing outside my uterus. No CL cyst either, which was already there with DD even before her sac started to show on the US. So think we'll have to say this one is gone.

I'll see the doc again tomorrow and I know he'll want to do another set of bloods. The u/s tech said levels can keep rising after a MC and yes, with my missed MC they certainly did, but surely if I've bled (and assumingly passed the sac) the levels could not keep going up at the right rate. I'll see what the doc says and what the blood test shows. Won't know anything else til Friday at the earliest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Maybe it's just too early to see the sac? hope you get good news on Friday. Really hoping this isn't another loss for you stretched

Getting lots of pulling in both ovaries, in a bit of pain what is this? have been getting this the last few months but usually only in one ovary. Upon reading it can be a CL cyst, but I can't have one every month can I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stretched I am so sorry your going through all of this, I truly hope everything works out for you. Have you done another test? My last m/c i knew bubs was gone because my lines dissapeared, if you had passed everything I wouldn't have thought your levels would go up. How far along are you supposed to be it could be too early?

Del I can't give you much info on the pulling in both ovaries, where are you in your cycle? I get really sharp pains in my ovaries at ov time, I never know which ovary will pop the little egg because the pain is on both sides. I am told by my doc this is because I have PCOS but I don't really know much about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww Stretched ... let's wait and see before we paint a picture that may not be accurate. My prayers are with you that this is your sticky bean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woke up this morning and winced as I leant on my b00bie getting up they're that sore and thought - stuff this, I'm POAS again! The line is darker yet, it's finally as dark as the control line and darker again than the test I did on Monday. So more bloods today and I'm sure if they're still rising ok my doc will recommend another scan next week. I just can't see how my dates could be out by more than 5-6 days. I got my 1st BFP on 24th, if I'm any more out than that then that BFP was at 5dpo or less! I'm seriously !!