Closed Thread
Page 143 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1481
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JoJo- what infection did they think you had? They thought our baby may have died from a CMV infection I showed signs of but a meeting with an infectious disease physician nipped that theory in the bud and also showed me that when it comes to CMV and what OBs and GPs think about when you are allowed to TTC again is wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    JoJo- what infection did they think you had? They thought our baby may have died from a CMV infection I showed signs of but a meeting with an infectious disease physician nipped that theory in the bud and also showed me that when it comes to CMV and what OBs and GPs think about when you are allowed to TTC again is wrong!
    What is a cmv infection? I was diagnosed with a uti but also heavy growth of candida and staphylococcus aureus. They are not sure if that is what caused it. But also I had high levels of cardiolipin so they are following up on that

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    CMV is a very common childhood virus that you catch from young children. It's presents as cold/flu-like or even asymptomatic. Most adults had it as children so have immunity but if you catch for the first time while pregnant it causes birth defects or fetal death. There's no way to avoid it if you're around young children, it's in their saliva, dirty nappies, snot, etc. the only defense is pretty much washing your hands constantly and not sharing food or drink. Only a blood test can determine if it is actually CMV and not a cold and there is no vaccination against it. OBs and GPs often tell women if they have it they can't TTC again until their bloods come back completely negative but the infectious disease doc explained it all to me and that is false.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jazz- how was your line today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    CMV is a very common childhood virus that you catch from young children. It's presents as cold/flu-like or even asymptomatic. Most adults had it as children so have immunity but if you catch for the first time while pregnant it causes birth defects or fetal death. There's no way to avoid it if you're around young children, it's in their saliva, dirty nappies, snot, etc. the only defense is pretty much washing your hands constantly and not sharing food or drink. Only a blood test can determine if it is actually CMV and not a cold and there is no vaccination against it. OBs and GPs often tell women if they have it they can't TTC again until their bloods come back completely negative but the infectious disease doc explained it all to me and that is false.
    Wow! I've never even heard of it. It is hard when you have a m/c and don't know why (which is the case for most I guess)

But on a brighter note, I am totally freaking out because we doctor just rang me to tell me that she got some of my blood test results back. I am iron deficient but....... I registered 14 on my hcg levels. So there is a chance I am very early pregnant!!! I go back Tuesday for more bloods. If I am utd I must have O late. I am very excited but trying to not to get my hopes up too much just yet! FX I am and that it's a sticky one!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jojo I hope it's good news for you how exciting.

I haven't retested yet plan on doing it either tomorrow or the next day. It's still sinking in. Hubby knew something was up as soon as he walked in the door last night I couldn't stop smiling at him. I am happy just freaked out, I am so worried that its something left over from last time or something else like that. I wish I could go back to having that innocence and happiness like the first time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1366444381.129662.jpg

Ok so my hubby went and got me some tests (he's a good boy lol). And he even let me use one now. So here's a pic of my line. Faint line - but still a line. Lets just hope my levels are doubling!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1366446065.508698.jpg

Ok I think that's a better pic. See the line now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting jojo. That looks exactly like my line. Hopefully yours and mine will both be sticky bubs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jazz1910 For This Useful Post:

JoJo1stbub  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats JoJo!! Fx for you too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

JoJo1stbub  (20-04-2013)