Thanks
    Reviews
    AF due next week, keeping fingers, toes & eyes crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #3

Quote Originally Posted by tap View Post
    Had a small bleed about a week before my scan which was concerning, however, scan yesterday showed twins! Anyhow, I shall bow out of this thread now (have joined Aug 2013 due date group). Good luck to others in here, I hope I don't need to re-join this thread.
    Great news Tap! My fingers and toes are crossed for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you!

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi ladies. Hoping I can join this thread too. My heart wants to keep ttc for this month but my head is still stuck in a bit of a cloud.

In our 2nd cycle of actively TTC we just as soon found out we were pregnant and got excited for the next 9months ahead and then our little poppy seed was ripped away from us. Bleeding set in and a blood test confirmed my hcg was all but gone.

I'm some ways I feel lucky that i wasn't further along to make it all much more painful physically and emotionally. So far it has been similar to AF but much more intense cramps especially the first day.

But it doesn't make it any less devastating to process now. Some days are easier than others. I don't really know how to move on from feeling so hurt by our loss.

My DH has been so lovely and understanding of my emotional roller coaster but he also admits he never 'felt pregnant' so he doesn't comprehend what it feels like for there to be nothing there now.

Just feeling really empty and flat. I'm having trouble finding any positive sides to this and don't know how to get my head back into TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Hi ladies. Hoping I can join this thread too. My heart wants to keep ttc for this month but my head is still stuck in a bit of a cloud.

In our 2nd cycle of actively TTC we just as soon found out we were pregnant and got excited for the next 9months ahead and then our little poppy seed was ripped away from us. Bleeding set in and a blood test confirmed my hcg was all but gone.

I'm some ways I feel lucky that i wasn't further along to make it all much more painful physically and emotionally. So far it has been similar to AF but much more intense cramps especially the first day.

But it doesn't make it any less devastating to process now. Some days are easier than others. I don't really know how to move on from feeling so hurt by our loss.

My DH has been so lovely and understanding of my emotional roller coaster but he also admits he never 'felt pregnant' so he doesn't comprehend what it feels like for there to be nothing there now.

Just feeling really empty and flat. I'm having trouble finding any positive sides to this and don't know how to get my head back into TTC.
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I was 6 weeks (found out at 4 as I'm doing IVF) I felt so empty after mine
    It's totally normal... You will know when it feels right, all I wanted was to be pregnant again!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #3

Well it's been about 9 weeks since I lost my angel and I got my bfp at 9-10dpo on my first real cycle since my mc. I have some cramps and horrible lower back pain so I'm so worried I'll lose this baby! My lines are slowly getting darker which didn't happen with my last one so I'm hoping that's a good sign. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi glitter girl, dont forget those are symptoms of a healthy pregnancy too! Really hope all goes well for you.
    I had a mc at the end of dec :-(. Ready to start ttc, can't wait to feel a little baby squirming inside again. But just feeling so lost in my cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jessloumum View Post
    Hi glitter girl, dont forget those are symptoms of a healthy pregnancy too! Really hope all goes well for you.
    I had a mc at the end of dec :-(. Ready to start ttc, can't wait to feel a little baby squirming inside again. But just feeling so lost in my cycle.
    Agreed, hopefully it's just a healthy pregnancy!
    I too cannot wait to be pregnant again, starting IVF again.... So hopefully not too far behind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

How did you get your head back into TTC and being positive about the process again? Or did you?

I used to really love trying, charting, testing, thinking about the what ifs of our future baby and family in a positive and exited way THEN after our MC I can't seem to get that back. Everything TTC related makes me sad and angry and confused and I feel really angry at the world for dealing us with these sh***y cards.

I have lost all interest in trying at the moment which only further breaks my heart knowing that this is something we really want for our family.

I know it's common to have an mc and that we were lucky it was early and not complicated or needing a D&C. I get all this. But I can't get past the hurt in order to feel excitement about getting pregnant again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #3

Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    How did you get your head back into TTC and being positive about the process again? Or did you?

I used to really love trying, charting, testing, thinking about the what ifs of our future baby and family in a positive and exited way THEN after our MC I can't seem to get that back. Everything TTC related makes me sad and angry and confused and I feel really angry at the world for dealing us with these sh***y cards.

I have lost all interest in trying at the moment which only further breaks my heart knowing that this is something we really want for our family.

I know it's common to have an mc and that we were lucky it was early and not complicated or needing a D&C. I get all this. But I can't get past the hurt in order to feel excitement about getting pregnant again.
    I understand how you feel I was devastated but I was so desperate to get that amazing feeling back again and have our first baby we started to ttc right away. The first one wasn't planned but very welcomed and after the mc dp was upset and wanted to try for real which made me so happy and now we will hopefully be meeting our baby in September this year I'm just praying every second this pregnancy lasts. I'm a high risk pregnancy too which dosnt help. I hope everything works out and things start looking up.x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Different for everyone but becoming pregnant again felt like the only way I could get past my feelings of hurt and anger at my m/c's.

I suppose when you lose something you just want it back and I felt quite ambitious in that, plus I didn't want to let a month slip by knowing I hadn't tried