Closed Thread
Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow FTM - the 20th again! I'd say if you have a 'standard' 14 day LP then AF is due on 4th/5th April - not long now!

LilMuffing - yes, it hurts a bit, and it's slow and I can't remember how many times I needed to have it done (10-20?) at $30-50 a go. But soooo worth it. If you are dark haired, look into laser as I believe it hurts less. Initial I'd get it done once a week, then once a fortnight and then once a month just to get the few stragglers - so the expense is spread out. I'm not a get-my-nails-done etc sort of girl, so it was a big for me to spend so much on 'beauty' but very happy I did it.

I'm in the same waiting boat as you. So tempted to come off the pill though as it has KILLED my libido (didn't used to ) and we're going away for the easter holidays and I'd love lots of ahem, romance, while we're on hols (plus maybe making a holiday baby!). I don't know, I still think it won't happen as I think there's something wrong but, give it another try? I dunno! Too much time to think me thinks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stretched I haven't gone back on the pill because I didn't want it to mess my hormones up even though they are crazy anyway. I was worried if I forced my body not to ovulate on the pill once I came off it again my body would never ovulate ever again, i am way too paranoid. How long do you have to wait? I would give it another go if I were you and a holiday sounds awesome you never know what might happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Wow FTM - the 20th again! I'd say if you have a 'standard' 14 day LP then AF is due on 4th/5th April - not long now!
    Crazy right? I thought it was quite amazing too that I would O on the same day. I'm typically a 28 day cycle religiously so yeah about the 4th/5th would be the time to expect AF if she is coming ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So about a week then FTM? argghh that last 7 days is like 7 weeks in fact the whole 2ww is like pulling out teeth.

Gawd I have about 9 days before I start testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    so I had my gyno appointment today, saw a Resident but she went off and spoke to the gyno after doing an exam and pap smear, and scaring the hell outta me by asking if I had ever had an abnormal pap smear before. Turns out my cervix is quite red. I am also having a load of blood tests done and an ultrasound to see if they can work out why I haven't had AF since my d&c seeing as I'm def not pregnant, I go back May 21st (public hospital outpatients clinic) for the results, though she did say hopefully I have had AF by then and am pregnant. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone had a dark discharge after a smear? or is there a chance my cervix was red cause AF is on her way? I don't remember having a discharge after a smear before

I can't believe I'm looking forward to getting af, just this once though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I get spotting after. Dark blood means old blood, quite possibly it was there before the smear. AF comes soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic how long has it been since the d&c if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LilMuffin, 10 weeks tomorrow, though silly woman put 8 weeks on the ultrasound form, grrr. She was concerned though, which hasn't helped my stress levels, she is also looking for PCOS even though I told her I don't have any of the symptoms other than no AF. I have had a scope looking for endo before, and even though they didn't find any, I was told it's still highly likely I have it, as I had the symptoms for that and it's in my maternal family history.

She did say it could be just the stress from the m/c has stopped the hormone being produced for me to have a cycle, and/or the fact I have lost around 20kg in the last 12 months, although I doubt it's the weight loss as I fell pregnant within 3 months of coming off the pill

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Oh nic you poor thing being stuck in limbo for so long. Hopefully you will get some answers soon.

How is everyone else? My DP is sick so better this week than next week as I told him from 1st April its game on! No rest until after o around the 5th ;-p

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lama, hope your DH is over the bug by next week. I don't tell DH when it's time anymore because he gets stroppy that I have a motive for wanting to DTD other than his s3xiness (so sensitive hey! lol).

Nic, don't worry about what they said at the pap. I had abnormal cells (SIN2) years ago, it took 2 lots of laser and then cauterising to get rid of them. For every pap, colposcopy and even each time I went into surgery they'd be commenting on how 'healthy' my cervix looked - the cells only showed up when they painted on the special dye. So a red looking cervix does not necessarily mean anything is wrong.

It's great that they are taking your period not returning seriously though. In my research to see what could possibly be wrong with me I've read a lot of storries about uterine scarring after D&C that caused periods to stop but their doc waiting a year or more before they start to do any tests. I'd be very reassured that it sounds like you're getting great care.

LilMuff - I went back on the pill because I could feel my PCOS in my ovaries playing up and the pill settles that down by stopping my body from wanting to ovulate. I've stopped and started a few times over the years and AF always comes back within 1-2 months (or in the case of DD I ovulated 5 weeks after I stopped the pill and - voila!).

AFM: I forgot to take my pill before bed last night - had shocking insomnia so could have easily got up and taken it but decided to bite the bullet and see if we could make a holiday baby! So back to TTC again in a few weeks for me!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

NicM  (27-03-2012)