+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Braxton Hicks worse when tired?? Trying to figure our actual contractions vs intense

I know this question has probably been asked a million times before and I have tried to search BH & google..

I'm having really bad what I think is braxton hicks this morning. I had a deeply interrupted sleep and was woken numerous times.

I've had some issues this week and wonder if I'm heading toward a premature labour.. does how tired you are impact how hard you feel the braxton hicks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tired as in lack of sleep doesn't affect mine, but over doing it does. If I do too much, bend over too many times, lift DS too much - full on pains for an hour or so afterwards.

I'm on my phone so can't see how many weeks you are, but if you are worried, get checked out. BH's aren't a bad thing - they prepare everything for labour but if you think it's more than that, better safe than sorry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (13-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an irritable uterus with my recent pregnancy and my intense BY were worse when I overdid things that day. How far along are you? I had to call hosp a few times and talk to midwife or OB as they were thinking I was at risk of early labour from the get go, thankfully full labour held off until 39 weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    *BY meant BH (braxton hicks)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, I'm currently ALMOST 29 weeks (Thurs). My last pg had threatened labour with contractions at 32 weeks which was stopped with medication. I ended up delivering at 35 weeks with spontaneous rupture of membranes.

I'm very much aware of not over doing it this time around, however with a 3 year old sometimes its easier said than done.

I've just noticed today they have been really intense, however no consistency to them. I think its harder this time around because I'm so focused on DS that I dont really notice until it is really painful.. but I don't know if its intense BECAUSE of the increased mobility, moving ect or if it is true contractions that will end in another preemie birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about tiredness (I've been sleeping terribly since before falling pregnant), but stress definitely aggravates mine.
    They will be worse & more frequent.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nicoletta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine have been stronger this pregnancy. I think it's because our bodies have done it before.

But with your history, I'd be a bit worried too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would call hospital they will tell u to go in or not hugs

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tjewell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the original question OP

I'm interested to hear others replies on the B-H question.

I have been having alot of B-H all day every day since I had a pinprick leak and suspected start of early labour at 20 weeks. Thankfully bed rest for a week seemed to settle things down and now we are at 24 weeks.

I find if I am tired from lack of sleep the B-H are there more but if I'm tired plus physically exhaused it is worse. HTH

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ja78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP - given your past early labour I think you should definitely keep an eye on it. My midwife and OB said that because I got so many strong BH all day every day (20+ every day by 35 weeks) that they only way for me to tell if I needed hospital was if the steadily increased in pain consistently over a couple of hours. But if its unusual for YOU then best be safe and get checked out. And considering you are still only 29 weeks even more reason to be cautious.

HTH

18. The Following User Says Thank You to breakthemould For This Useful Post: