+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it all depends on your previous IVF cycles. I started off transferring 1 and due to repeat failures I am now transferring 2. How did your last cycle go? Do you know if your embryos were of good quality, because that would be another factor whether or not to transfer 2.

If you have good quality embryo's I would transfer 1. If they were of average quality I would transfer 2.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I see your situation now , decisions decisions. In this case if it were me I would then implant 1 only. I hope this is your sticky one .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell, this is a very personal choice and only you can make the decision but if I was you I'd transfer two mainly because they're only day 2 and also doesn't it cost a fortune to freeze at Springwood Fertility? Eithway, you're young, you could handle two
    Fingers crossed for you and I hope your cycle goes well and you get lots of eggies.
    Keep us updated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Decisions! It can do your head in huh! For us, we transferred 2 only because time wasn't on our side (I was 36). If we had our time again, I can't definitely say that I would transfer two again. As much as we adore them and can't imagine there only being one, twins is hard, but you just get on with it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya!

Once we fell pregnant, it was very smooth sailing. I had mild morning sickness, but not to the extent that it interfered with my daily functioning. Very tired. But no complications at all. I am a similar frame as you and I think they just outgrew me, as they were premmie at 32 weeks. But they were healthy and good size bubs, just needed to stay in for 3 weeks to learn how to suck and fatten up.

I did stop work at 30 weeks, and in hindsight should have stopped earlier (26-28), just because I was so tired and had some fluid around the ankles.

And your so right, you just do what you have to and make it work somehow.

Good luck! Keep us posted with your decision and the outcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would and will be transferring two if we ever get two more embies again to transfer. Yes, two will be extremely difficult but it does happen naturally and you just don't know what will happen with your fertility over the few 12+ months between ttc #1 and 2.

In your case meshel, I would def do it with a day 2 transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meshell

I have been offered the same this cycle. We have decided to go for one transfer to reduce the multiple risk. Being my first cycle I also have no idea of whats next so playing cautious. I am just 30 and fit and healthy so I guess this impacted on my decision.

We have said if not successful this cycle we would consider a double transfer next. The money and the fact its your second cycle would sway me to 2 I think as well.

You will make the right decision x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meschel

Its not an easy decision is it. At first because of my age the FS at monash would only transfer 1. Every time I had one transfered I got a BFN. The two times I had two transfered bam pregnant. I am having two transfered. We have previously gotten good quality embryos with 100% fertilisation rate and embryos to freeze. I have twin boy nephews and my aunty which is a size 6 very petite woman had triplets through dr Malloy at QFG through the gift programme many years ago as they are 14 now. She had no problems at all only that they were premmie. They are three happy healthy beautiful girls. If I can be half the mum she is I will be a happy camper

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did they let you tranfer 2? I would like to do the same as you. i worry that as this is my firat go as ivf they wont let me. i just want to give myself the beat chance of success.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two!! Absolutely