+ Reply to Thread
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ectopic pregnancy?

I'm hoping I'm just worrying about nothing, but for the last few days I've been experiencing a bit of tenderness in my lower lefthand abdo area, I'm 7 weeks along and not due for a scan til next week. I still have all normal pregnancy symptoms, but I'm concerned that maybe things aren't right?

Has anyone had an ectopic and feel comfortable telling me their symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi swizzlestick,

I had an ectopic pregnancy in late November last year. I knew straight away that something wasnt quite 'right' about it. I initially tested because my stomach muscles felt like I had run a marathon, plus done a ten hour session in the gym! Which trust me, I hadnt! lol! Even driving in the car and going over bumps hurt my 'muscles'. Now that I look back, and I didnt think at the time, the morning before I tested I had extremely painful cramps, that lasted abotu 30secs (we know now this is probably when it ruptured).

When i got my HCG resutls back from my doc (2 days later) I told her how tender my stomach was. I went for an emergency ultrasound that day, and had surgery to remove my left tube that night.

Whilst tenderness and pains can be normal in pregnancy if you are genuinely worried, or 'feel' something then trust your instinct and go to the doc/hopsital and try for an ultrasound.

I am so sorry my story is worse case scenario! I dont want to scare you! I hope this is just part and parcel of your little bubba growing and everything is snug and fine in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your story, I also have a bowel disease, so abdo tenderness is pretty common for me, but this feels different. Im hoping im just worrying about nothing, but i dint recall feeling this way in my first pregnancy.

Did you feel really gassy by any chance? (sorry TMI)
    Last edited by swizzlestick; 13-03-2012 at 09:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, not that I can recall. I also had zero pregnancy symptoms, no nausea or anything.

for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed! I had such a complicated pregnancy last time, I think I'm just being supercritical of EVERY symptom this time, and maybe preparing myself for the worst.. I have to stop being so negative and try to just enjoy it!
    Thanks again for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had excruciating pain on my lower left side with my first pregnancy, wasn't ectopic but it wasn't viable and I ended up miscarrying. Hope everything is okay with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    Fingers crossed! I had such a complicated pregnancy last time, I think I'm just being supercritical of EVERY symptom this time, and maybe preparing myself for the worst.. I have to stop being so negative and try to just enjoy it!
    Thanks again for sharing
    I completely understand! I am nearly 7 weeks now and I am trying really hard to allow myself to be excited, I have my second scan on Thursday and I am hoping after that and once I have seen the heartbeat I'll be able to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed my pregnancy with DS...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think with ectopic you would have a lot of pain and shoulder pain..

I had pain last week but I have a cyst on my ovary and think it's from that..

Good luck with your scan, I hope it's just something minor xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had abdo pains on and off (mostly on) from 4 weeks onwards. They checked HCG (apparently they can tell of ectopic from the levels and how far along you are) and mine was all good. I had multiple scans and once they could see something (sack) it was in the right place.

My pain is just due to me being sensitive and feeling the stretching pains when other women usually do not. If you are worried call the hospital. If you can, see how the scan goes next week. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageLover View Post
    I think with ectopic you would have a lot of pain and shoulder pain..

I had pain last week but I have a cyst on my ovary and think it's from that..

Good luck with your scan, I hope it's just something minor xx
    Not necessarily, I had no shoulder pain and whilst the pain was somewhat 'constant' it wasnt doubling over with pain painful ( I went to the Superclinic and they told me the same thing), the next day I went to my GP to get my HCGs back and told her about my 'tenderness' and thats when I got rushed for an u/s & surgery. Everyones pain level threshold is different, sorry I dont want seem like a scare monger!

I really do think that we females just know when something is up, we should trust our instincts.