+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Homeschool help

Ok so they still want 6k for public school my kids need an education so thought we could homeschool until its settled what do we do? How do we start

Thanks
    Reviews
    6k for a public school? I think you have your wires crossed somewhere along the lines!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After talking to one home schooling mum it might cost more the $6,000 to home school. How long till you get the right visa so the cost goes down?
    Last edited by *Cj*; 12-03-2012 at 23:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No because we are on a bridging visa so have to pay the international student fees

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might be cheaper to go back!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (13-03-2012),ItWasntMe  (21-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cj* View Post
    After talking to one home schooling mum it might cost more the $6,000 to home school. How long till you get the right visa so the cost goes down?
    Honestly I dont know, I call immigration they say to call the school its on them we call the school they say no way around it so possibly as long as 6-12 months I was hoping when they granted me the right to work it would have changed the fees but it didnt, we were expecting maybe $1000 a kid but 6k is wow but now homeschooling might be just as expensive you say, so maybe we can do private it was 3k

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    but now homeschooling might be just as expensive you say
    That's just going on what one homeschooling mum said. Have you looked around on google? Or even facebook?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Honestly I dont know, I call immigration they say to call the school its on them we call the school they say no way around it so possibly as long as 6-12 months I was hoping when they granted me the right to work it would have changed the fees but it didnt, we were expecting maybe $1000 a kid but 6k is wow but now homeschooling might be just as expensive you say, so maybe we can do private it was 3k
    Private shouldn't be cheaper, that's probably private for permanent residents/citizens. Yours will probably end up being 9k/kid at a guess unfortunately.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (13-03-2012),Lovemyfam  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Honestly I wouldn't homeschool based on cost alone. It's such a big decision and deciding to homeschool means to decide to become their teacher. Would you be willing to dedicate the time to homeschooling? A friend of mine home schools her 4 girls and she says it is a lot of work and some days they struggle to get through the work for just one child.

Really look into homeschooling and what it entails beyond just money.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (13-03-2012),Witwicky  (13-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have looked into it with mine and for 1 child it will be time consuming and expensive. Not just in fees, but also books, paper, printer ink, outings and other incidentals. It will cost more than I pay at a private school now. It really is a big commitment, and I am only doing it because of her special needs. It also helps that I have worked in childcare and education, including at schools, since 1998, my mum works in a secondary school, my brother and his wife are both primary school teachers, with my brother at home with the baby for now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (13-03-2012)