+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default For those with empty follicles

Did your FS ever suggest to change your trigger protocol (ie double dose or use pregnyl)?

I have had 5 cycles and in all of them retrieved less eggs than expected. The percentage of mature though is quite high in the eggs that do release.

But my FS does not think that trigger has anything to do with the empty follicles. Just wondering what everyone else's FS says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi scarlett,

Don tknow how old you or how many cycles you have done are but my my FS told me that empty follicles is inevitable at times when you have done enough cycles. Nothing to do with the type of stimulation or the trigger type.

I am 43 and did 13 cycles myself.

Hope this helps,

Michelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got 5 empty last cycle... Ive now been on dhea, royal jelly and q10 for 4 months.. I have EPU tomorrow so let's hope it's worked...

Only thing that changed was my dose of gonal.. Was 200 now 250... Same trigger...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies,

I am 36, this is my 5th IVF cycle.

I am quite scientific, I always want an answer and the doctors just want to keep doing the same thing over and over, surely there are different things to try?

I have been on DHEA for 4 months now.

Jesse how did the EPU go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Scarlett,

Know the feeling! I want to know exactly what's going on and how, why, what and when!

Had EPU and got 13 this time.. When I woke up I was so surprised but still holding my breath as I know just because they got 13 doesn't mean there's eggies in there! But got the call said that 10 made it! With 2 being empty and one immature!

Such an improvement from last time! As I had 5 empty last time!

Hoping the dhea, royal jelly and q10 have paid off! God only knows how much it's cost me! Haha