+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what is your day nap routine?

Hello , my DD has been happiply sleeping 2 x 2hr day sleeps (morn and arvo) and about 13hrs overnight for about 6mths. She is now 13mths old and i have noticed she is not going to sleep when i put her down for her morning sleep, she just plays and talks to herself in her cot. She usually goes down at 10am (she's up a 8am) with no troubles. The last week she has happily stayed up for alot longer.....to the point i go out with her and get a few thing done in the mornings now.

Im not sure how to merge the two sleeps onto one during the day?
    Im confused with when to feed her lunch? atm, she gets too tired and cranky, so i must leave it too late to feed her lunch.

Is it a gradual process to get her to have a longer sleep? atm, if i put her down at 12-12.30 after some lunch (she rarely eats it as she is too tired) she only sleeps untill 2ish and is ready for bed by 6pm.

Does this sound normal-ish?
    What is your routine you do with your bub's of similar age?
    What are some tips as to how i can change mine as i am just completely clueless!

Thankyou.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so no1 has a naptime routine? thats strange.
    whatev's then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't remember the exact age DS dropped to one nap, but he dropped his afternoon sleep and didn't cope as was tired and cranky.

He would sleep from 9:30-11:30 in the morning, so I started pushing his sleep back by 10-15 minutes every few days until he was going down at about 11:30.

It took a while, but it meant he wasn't overtired by pushing it back too fast. I would give him a snack around 10 and lunch when he woke up at 1:30ish.

Without sounding nasty, next time just bump your thread. Don't write a
    b!tchy message. Not everyone reads every thread and if it drops off New Posts things can get missed. I nearly didn't reply after reading your second message. I know it's hard when you want help and no-one answers, but a simple "bump" will bring it back to new posts and won't make people think they don't want to reply because of a narky post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 15 months and has recently moved to one nap. She generally sleeps 7pm-6.30am. On 2 naps she would sleep 9-10 and then 2-3/3.30 (approximately). On one nap she now goes down at 11 and sleeps for 2-3 hours. I give her morning tea before her nap and her lunch when she wakes up. She was pretty tired in the mornings when she was changing to one nap but it only took a week or 2 before she was used to the new routine.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that sounds pretty normal.

DS transitioned to one day sleep at about the same age. I brought his morning tea forward from 9.30-10.00ish to closer to 9am (b'fast about 7am). Lunch around 11, aiming to go to sleep around 11.30 before he got super tried and cranky. He would generally sleep 2-3 hrs.

Over the last year or so he has been going down closer to 1pm, but still sleeps 3 or so hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thankyou all so much, it's all alot clearer to me now how i should go about it.

As for the "bump" thing, i had no idea what it was untill now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my boys transitioned to one sleep about the same age. We just had lunch earlier (11-11.30) depending on when the started getting tired. Then they'd sleep for 3 hours. The still do the same at 2 &3.5... Can't say the same for me 12 week old.. Haha he was awake from 7am until 6pm today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am actually finding it hard to fit lunch in! she gets tired at about 11 and i believe thats too early for lunch! and she is too tired to even eat a snack properly. I dont wanna put her to bed on an empty tummy. She has a fairly decent brekky (2 weetbix, small tub of yoghurt and a whole small banana) at 9am. i actually dont think she is ever hungry for snacks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd put her down at 11.30am. If she had an empty stomach and was hungry I'm sure she'd let you know. Then just feed her lunch at 1.30pm or whenever she wakes up.

DS (17 months) tends to have one nap a day, but the time of it varies. It just depends on what we're doing in the morning. Sometimes he'll go down from 10-11.30am and that's it for the day. Other times it's 12-2pm. Whatever works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    11 isn't too early for lunch. If that's what you've gotta do then do it. Then give her a decent afternoon tea when she wakes up.

DS is 13 months and he has one day sleep. Sometimes I'll give him a big morning tea around 10.30 and put him down at 11. Then when he wakes up I'll give him a sandwich. On other days I'll give him lunch around 11/11.30 and then put him down. I find the more I give him to eat, the longer he sleeps. There's no rule that they must eat meals like us at the allotted times. Nothing wrong with a sandwich for morning tea and then fruit, cheese etc when they wake. They're still getting the same food within a day, maybe just in a different order.

The adjustment to 1 sleep can take a while but she'll get into a workable routine in no time. Good luck with it all!