+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's the longest your baby has cried for?

DD is currently teething. Instead of having her two 2hour naps today, she had one 40 min nap and one hour nap. I tried to put her down for another nap at 5, but she would have any of it. She has now been screaming for an hour and a half straight. Nothing I do can calm her, she won't sleep, she doesn't want booby and she doesn't want play time. She is now so worked up that I'm not going to be able to feed her dinner, so I think I'm in for a rough night. Any idea when shell knock herself out, or will she keep crying like this for another few hours. I'm not sure how much more can can take.

Milky mumma since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could you maybe try some Panadol if she's so upset? If not even accepting booby then she may have some discomfort?

Screaming for that long can't be good for either of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When DD was really sick as a newborn she cried for hour and hours on end. It was horrible!!!! I felt so extremely useless.

I agree maybe she is sick too? Have you given her any pain relief?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you try giving her a warm bath to help calm her? Maybe you can have one with her and if she calms down you can try feeding her while you're still in the bath ...

If that doesn't work if give her some panadol ...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (13-03-2012),~Marigold~  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get out the neurofen (i found this better than panadol for teething). Give her a full dose and get some sleep. Think about it, when you have a tooth ache, you take pain killers. Dont feel bad about giving her pain relief!! DS recently had croupe and was teething with molars. He was on 5ml of neurofen every THREE hours!!

Good luck, teething is HARD!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    you poor thing.... here's my list of things i used to do when mine were teething and crying for hours. Putting in baby carrier and going for a walk around the house, rocking in pram, warm bath, drive in the car around the block, panadol, chewy toys, rubbing gums with your finger, blowing on bubs face gently, tv to distract while you try and get a boob in and if all else failed i'd cuddle and cry as well.... "this too shall pass" x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyfreeDiva View Post
    you poor thing.... here's my list of things i used to do when mine were teething and crying for hours. Putting in baby carrier and going for a walk around the house, rocking in pram, warm bath, drive in the car around the block, panadol, chewy toys, rubbing gums with your finger, blowing on bubs face gently, tv to distract while you try and get a boob in and if all else failed i'd cuddle and cry as well.... "this too shall pass" x
    I'm a big fan of 'this too shall pass'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jennibear View Post
    Get out the neurofen (i found this better than panadol for teething). Give her a full dose and get some sleep. Think about it, when you have a tooth ache, you take pain killers. Dont feel bad about giving her pain relief!! DS recently had croupe and was teething with molars. He was on 5ml of neurofen every THREE hours!!

Good luck, teething is HARD!!!
    Yep i think nurofen is much more useful too and on occasion Panadol and nurofen given within half hr apart works wonders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave her a dose of Bauers teething relief, then took her into the kitchen to see if I could feed her, since she wasn't going to sleep.
    To my surprise she absolutely wolfed down about 4 sticks of cucumber, then was calm enough to eat her regular dinner and some drug for dessert.
    My partner gave her a bath and her massage, then I gave her some more teething relief ad boobied get to sleep. She is still down and out.

Teething is so confusing and stressful!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the hugs and advice