+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weirdest place you've breastfed

I'm in Bangkok right now and have just come back from Chiang Mai (BTW if you're thinking about going to Chiang Mai soon, reconsider - it is very badly covered in smoke by forest fires - we left there after a day, it was that bad). In Chiang Mai our transport was basically a ute with the back converted into seats, like a troop carrier (don't know what the local name was, but that's their buses there). So, here we are hurtling down the mountain, through the dusty jungle, sitting basically in the back of a ute and I'm breast feeding DS (18 months) - DOCS would be horrified!! Haha! What's the weirdest place you've breastfed?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aLittleLoopy For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (13-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sounds like an adventure!! Good on you for travelling with the little one
    I fed at a funeral once, kept him quiet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleseetee View Post
    Wow sounds like an adventure!! Good on you for travelling with the little one
    I fed at a funeral once, kept him quiet!
    Yep - quite an adventure! The tuk tuks in Bangkok are really fun too! He loves those He is really enjoying the adventure - despite the heat. The Thai people love children. He's going to be disappointed to not be treated like a celebrity when we get home.

Feeding at a funeral would be a bit surreal I imagine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aLittleLoopy View Post
    I'm in Bangkok right now and have just come back from Chiang Mai (BTW if you're thinking about going to Chiang Mai soon, reconsider - it is very badly covered in smoke by forest fires - we left there after a day, it was that bad). In Chiang Mai our transport was basically a ute with the back converted into seats, like a troop carrier (don't know what the local name was, but that's their buses there). So, here we are hurtling down the mountain, through the dusty jungle, sitting basically in the back of a ute and I'm breast feeding DS (18 months) - DOCS would be horrified!! Haha! What's the weirdest place you've breastfed?
    What an image! Amazing And to think I have a hard time keeping my DS still in a stationery chair in my loungeroom!

Re weirdest place I've bf'd, nothing really stands out (I think I'll need to try harder!) But I've down all the usuals: side of a pool, plane, shopping centre, countless cafes, side of the road, etc, etc. Nothing as exciting as you though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope you got a photo!!

It's not really 'weird' but the most interesting place I breastfed was walking around Singapore Night Safari in the dark with my sweaty baby in the ergo having a feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkiCuddles View Post
    What an image! Amazing And to think I have a hard time keeping my DS still in a stationery chair in my loungeroom!

Re weirdest place I've bf'd, nothing really stands out (I think I'll need to try harder!) But I've down all the usuals: side of a pool, plane, shopping centre, countless cafes, side of the road, etc, etc. Nothing as exciting as you though!
    BF on a plane is great isn't it? I'm so happy to have kept up breast feeding because it's so good for the plane trips - to stop the pressure hurting their ears!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have bf at a funeral too. Was great to keep DD happy - she was going so well until the funeral started and then the crying began. One of the organizers came up to me afterwards and apologized for not offering me a room to use. Reassured him that I was used to doing it everywhere by that stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow what an adventure your having

I've done all the usual, check outs, shopping, cafes, restaurants, movies, trains, buses and plains and a limo.
    Probably church during receiving Christmas communion lol

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe not such a weird place but a weird circumstance - in a hairdressers chair while having an eyebrow wax.

Oh, and in the bed in an emergency dept while waiting for a dr. Did the trick though, she went off to sleep so the dr could deal with my issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On the Brisbane Eye. The giant ferris wheel on the Brisbane River