+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    95
    Reviews
    0

    Default Weirdest place you've breastfed

    I'm in Bangkok right now and have just come back from Chiang Mai (BTW if you're thinking about going to Chiang Mai soon, reconsider - it is very badly covered in smoke by forest fires - we left there after a day, it was that bad). In Chiang Mai our transport was basically a ute with the back converted into seats, like a troop carrier (don't know what the local name was, but that's their buses there). So, here we are hurtling down the mountain, through the dusty jungle, sitting basically in the back of a ute and I'm breast feeding DS (18 months) - DOCS would be horrified!! Haha! What's the weirdest place you've breastfed?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to aLittleLoopy For This Useful Post:

    lovesushi  (13-03-2012)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Wow sounds like an adventure!! Good on you for travelling with the little one
    I fed at a funeral once, kept him quiet!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    95
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elleseetee View Post
    Wow sounds like an adventure!! Good on you for travelling with the little one
    I fed at a funeral once, kept him quiet!
    Yep - quite an adventure! The tuk tuks in Bangkok are really fun too! He loves those He is really enjoying the adventure - despite the heat. The Thai people love children. He's going to be disappointed to not be treated like a celebrity when we get home.

    Feeding at a funeral would be a bit surreal I imagine

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    472
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked
    137
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by aLittleLoopy View Post
    I'm in Bangkok right now and have just come back from Chiang Mai (BTW if you're thinking about going to Chiang Mai soon, reconsider - it is very badly covered in smoke by forest fires - we left there after a day, it was that bad). In Chiang Mai our transport was basically a ute with the back converted into seats, like a troop carrier (don't know what the local name was, but that's their buses there). So, here we are hurtling down the mountain, through the dusty jungle, sitting basically in the back of a ute and I'm breast feeding DS (18 months) - DOCS would be horrified!! Haha! What's the weirdest place you've breastfed?
    What an image! Amazing And to think I have a hard time keeping my DS still in a stationery chair in my loungeroom!

    Re weirdest place I've bf'd, nothing really stands out (I think I'll need to try harder!) But I've down all the usuals: side of a pool, plane, shopping centre, countless cafes, side of the road, etc, etc. Nothing as exciting as you though!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,116
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked
    266
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope you got a photo!!

    It's not really 'weird' but the most interesting place I breastfed was walking around Singapore Night Safari in the dark with my sweaty baby in the ergo having a feed

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    95
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkiCuddles View Post
    What an image! Amazing And to think I have a hard time keeping my DS still in a stationery chair in my loungeroom!

    Re weirdest place I've bf'd, nothing really stands out (I think I'll need to try harder!) But I've down all the usuals: side of a pool, plane, shopping centre, countless cafes, side of the road, etc, etc. Nothing as exciting as you though!
    BF on a plane is great isn't it? I'm so happy to have kept up breast feeding because it's so good for the plane trips - to stop the pressure hurting their ears!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,667
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have bf at a funeral too. Was great to keep DD happy - she was going so well until the funeral started and then the crying began. One of the organizers came up to me afterwards and apologized for not offering me a room to use. Reassured him that I was used to doing it everywhere by that stage.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,078
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked
    427
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow what an adventure your having

    I've done all the usual, check outs, shopping, cafes, restaurants, movies, trains, buses and plains and a limo.
    Probably church during receiving Christmas communion lol

  10. #9
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,405
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe not such a weird place but a weird circumstance - in a hairdressers chair while having an eyebrow wax.

    Oh, and in the bed in an emergency dept while waiting for a dr. Did the trick though, she went off to sleep so the dr could deal with my issue.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,313
    Thanks
    1,749
    Thanked
    1,815
    Reviews
    24
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On the Brisbane Eye. The giant ferris wheel on the Brisbane River


 

Similar Threads

  1. Weirdest voicemail ever! o_0
    By Misschief in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 19:59
  2. Weirdest wrong number you've gotten?
    By Eleven3Eleven in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 30-04-2012, 21:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!