+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dieting while bf!

Hey everyone I had my son (2nd baby) on the 16th of Feb, just after he was born I was topping the scales at 116kgs, I am down to 94kgs - I know that a lot of of would be baby weight bu too me I am still pretty impressed, I want to know what else I can do while bf - I had a really bad day yesterday and had a large meal at Maccas a ice cream I had a pasta bake type thing for dinner last night
    My question is - A - is there a detox I can do while breastfeeding B - is there any diets I can do while breastfeeding I need to get down to 60kgs as I am getting married in November!!
    If anyone can help me this would be great!
    (sorry if I don't make sense I am extremely exhausted)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A: yeah you can do a green smoothie detox while BFing, it's not hard either cause your body gets heaps of nutrients and you stop craving bad foods because of the amount of nutrients your body is getting. Google green smoothie queen and raw diva.

B: I started a lifestyle changed after dd#2, don't call it a diet, it was a plant based diet no gluten, sugar or dairy and still had a few meat things. I went from a size 12-14 down to 6 in about 8-12w with only doing half hour walks a day. I'm still eating this way but no meat and I'm BFing dd3 now so went through a healthy pregnancy. I think the good thing is I still have baked chips and roast veg, dark sugar free vegan chocolate and heaps of treats. I just have to prepare them, it's not easy, but loosing weight isn't either.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure about detoxing but you can definitely diet whilst B/F
    I just had my 4th on the 24th feb and have been losing 1kg a day just from eating clean. I ate so much junk before I was preg n during pregnancy so as soon as I had my c-sectionIve only eaten meat, fruit, veg, lots of water and protein shakes.. With my last 3 I had low supply of breast milk and I've found this time I have heaps so I thank my healthy eating for it..
    Just cant wait to start walking again n get in the gym
    Best of luck with your weight loss!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe that you can diet while BFing.
    Even before I started my diet I went down to my pre-pregnancy weight but I didnt gain much during my pregnancy despite all the Maccas and pizza I ate.
    Anyway if you're serious about losing weight and dont want to spend a fortune then go for the healthy alternative. Eat fresh fruit and more veges. Lean meat etcetc.
    Im sure you've heard it all but it does work. And you do have to exercise. I guess you could go to the gym if you're that motivated but I just go to the local shops and do an hour of window shopping or grocery shopping.
    These are my typical meals for the day:
    Breakfast: Bowl of cereal (something healthy-ish like Uncle Tobys Plus range) with low fat soy milk (lactose intolerant) and some fruit.
    Lunch: 2 sushi rolls or Subway (if Im out shopping) or something light at home like salad with grilled chicken.
    Dinner: If hubby's home, its some portion of lean meat with rice and veges. Otherwise if Im home alone its pasta with canned tuna tossed with spinach or rocket leaves and cherry tomatoes.
    Snacks: Fruit or handful of almonds or even some rice crackers.

Check out this site when you get some time. There's a heap of great recipes you can use and helpful dieting tips...
    http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/

Sorry about going on and on about useless things;;

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    A: yeah you can do a green smoothie detox while BFing, it's not hard either cause your body gets heaps of nutrients and you stop craving bad foods because of the amount of nutrients your body is getting. Google green smoothie queen and raw diva.

B: I started a lifestyle changed after dd#2, don't call it a diet, it was a plant based diet no gluten, sugar or dairy and still had a few meat things. I went from a size 12-14 down to 6 in about 8-12w with only doing half hour walks a day. I'm still eating this way but no meat and I'm BFing dd3 now so went through a healthy pregnancy. I think the good thing is I still have baked chips and roast veg, dark sugar free vegan chocolate and heaps of treats. I just have to prepare them, it's not easy, but loosing weight isn't either.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)
    I looked up the green smoothie detox and I don't get it.. It doesn't actually say what to put in it ( well I couldn't find it)
    Have you done it?? What did you put it? Does it taste okay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for all the questions I just really want to know the answers and I couldn't find them no matter much I tried

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think for the first two to three months pp its best to NOT diet as you are establishing your milk supply and in the critical phase of post-birth recovery. By all means, eat healthy but don't restrict your intake.
    I chose not to start dieting until bub was 17 mo but I'm sure you can safely start much sooner than that, just don't go too hard, too soon.
    I think exercise is the answer, both in terms of being the most effective way to lose weight and the safest way while Breastfeeding. And within reason its never too early pp - just start slow and listen to your body. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    I think for the first two to three months pp its best to NOT diet as you are establishing your milk supply
    That's why I suggest the green smoothie diet, it's not a "diet" it's a lifestyle change of eating REALLY healthy! The good thing about a green smoothie detox/diet is your cramming SOOOOO many nutrients into several smoothies, eating adequate calories but getting rid of the sugar, fried foods and junk so you will loose weight if your body allows you to. All the greens boost your supply.

OP- its a sign up type situation, you can buy PDF books which are really good, go on the forum and chat to other women and get heaps of recipes. If you google raw food diet, green smoothie recipes you'll be able to read and find info. Even just exchanging breakfast or lunch for a big green smoothie is enough to see improvements

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)